Toy Story 3 Soundtrack

After the outrage over the Up score being only available as a digital download last year, we have some much better news. The Toy Story 3 soundtrack will once more be available on a CD in much nicer quality. Yay! It’s coming out June 15th and is currently up for preorder on Amazon.

pixarblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/t … ng-cd.html

HA! So there, Disney!

Im glad for those who’ll want it, but never really understood the outrage before. CDs are going the way of the tape cassete. when you buy a CD most people are just going to rip them anyway for thier ipod or whatever so they arent glued to a cd player. and if you must have it on a cd, burning them is really easy.

Last year, I wasn’t really outraged that Up soundtrack wasn’t on CD, but I was slightly disappointed. The reason I prefer CDs as opposed to downloading them off of iTunes is that CDs are more universal. Sure, if your car has an iPod/iPhone player its playable, but its much more likely you’ll find something that can play a CD. If you download the music off of iTunes, you can only use it for your computer and you can’t extract them or copy them as mp3s for other devices. Plus, I love soundtrack cases with all of their bonus goodies!

I’ve no objections against downloads per se, but if the quality takes a step backwards (as is the case when we go from CD to MP3/AAC/other lossy format), I am dead against it.

I’m happy that TS3 gets a real CD, but I still hope we’ll see an Up CD as well some day.

Yes! The fans have spoken! :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to hear the rest of the soundtrack after listening to Newman’s ‘Losing You’ in the trailer. But I’m not sure if it’ll be in the movie…

I wouldnt expect loosing you to be in the movie or the sound track. I think they only used it in the trailer because Randy hadnt done anything new for the movie yet, so they grabbed a fitting song from his last album, Harps and Angels.

I use the CD’s in my car mainly with my kids. I also play them in my computer drive occasionally when I am studying. I also have all the previous movie CD’s expect for UP which is a major disappointment.

It’s good to hear that T3 one will come out on CD, a shame that an award winning UP soundtrack CD is no where in sight.

Maybe since Michael Giacchino won an Academy Award they will reconsider.

I also can’t wait to hear Randy Newman reunite with the Toy Story series!

Great to know that the soundtrack will be tangible! :smiley: It’ll make it easy for friends interested in the soundtrack to get their hands on it from me - plus, it just feels “better” when you have something physically. Getting ready for Randy Newman to rock my socks again! :slight_smile:

Some updates.

Although Amazon took down the listing, Best Buy is saying that it’s coming out on CD on their site. Also, I forget exactly where, but I saw a “Toy Story Soundtrack Collection” (on CD) with the soundtracks of all 3 movies packed in.

And a first look at one of Toy Story 3’s songs, a Spanish rendition of “You’ve Got a Friend in Me”. It’s funny that I can actually understand a lot of this with only two years of Spanish. It’ll just make the movie even funnier.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nlh9cE38oTY

Also, the “Toy Story Favorites” CD, up for preorder on Amazon, includes our first mention of a Randy Newman song in TS3:
amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ … titking-20

That’s sounds like a great new song! “We Belong Together” is sure to go down in history as one of those great Pixar songs :slight_smile:

I love that Spanish rendition of “You’ve Got A Friend In Me”. I can already see us all hearing the instrumentals to it the minute Buzz starts speaking Spanish or the minute he starts hitting on Jessie. ;D

The full version of “Hay Un Amigo En Mi” is premiering tomorrow at 8 PM EST on ABC during Dancing With the Stars. :smiley:

I am glad that the sonorous band goes out in CD like that you can listen to it in the car :smiley:

What’s the song from the first theatrical trailer that plays when they are in the day care centre? it starts as soon as it says 'this summer".

It’s the instrumental version of the song “Goodbye Mr. A”. I forget the artist though.

Bryko, The Hoosiers.

Thanks guys! I actually thought it was something from the movie until I heard Randy Newman’s song “loosing you” wasn’t going to be part of it. I thought this might not be in it either, so now I know what the song really is. I like it.

There’s a track listing and short review up! SPOILER ALERT!

Here’s the non-spoiler part of the review if you’re curious:

And here’s the full review and track listing:

[spoiler]I’ve been listening to the score this weekend and I have to say I’m rather smitten with it. There’s a lot of that “Toy Story” sound to it with some big sound/smaller ensemble action cues and a fair share of flamenco music mixed in there. The ending is especially poignant. It perked my ears up the first time I listened to it and made me ask “Wow! What’s that track title called?” I looked it up and it’s called “So Long”

Seems like a great score. Can’t wait for the movie.

Here’s a track listening if you’re curious:

1. We Belong Together
  2. You’ve Got a Friend in Me (para el Buzz Español)
  3. Cowboy!
  4. Garbage?
  5. Sunnyside
  6. Woody Bails
  7. Come to Pap
  8. Go See Lotso
  9. Bad Buzz
  10. You Got Lucky
  11. Spanish Buzz
  12. What About Daisy?
  13. To The Dump
  14. The Claw