Buzz-Polar Disorder

Which one of Buzz’s multiple personalities do you like best?

• Space Ranger Buzz
  • Rehabilitated Enlightened Buzz
  • Flamenco Spanish Buzz
  • Mrs. Nesbit (he/she counts!)
  • Evil Buzz Lightyear (TS3/BLOSC)
  • Flip Faxtoner (BLOSC Mindwarp)
  • Zzub (BLOSC Clone Rangers, not Buzz really, but a clone. It still counts!)

0 voters

Now I know we already have a topic devoted to Spanish Buzz, but I just wanted to take a poll on which of Buzz’s personalities people liked best. He’s had so many over the years and I think as Kyle might put it, does anyone feel like this is becoming a bit repetitive? I mean what’s so funny about a delusional spaceman…oh, wait, yeah. I dunno, but choose your favorite of Buzz’s Multiple Personalities!

Even though its good this personallity only lasted a very shrot time. I have to go with Mrs. Nesbit :laughing:

Me too, I love Ms. Nesbit! I mean, (s)he’s a cross dressing spaceman who got drunk off of tea!

I did like that one episode of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command where Buzz is brainwashed into thinking he’s an employee cause he says something like “It’s a great honor to have your brain picked by the boss!”.

Movie-wise, I kind of like Buzz back when he thought he was a real Space Ranger because not only was Woody jealous of him for being liked more but he was so clueless of what he really was that it was driving Woody crazy. Plus all that space talk he does is funny (Toy Story 2 pushed it even further with the Utility Belt Buzz and all his extreme gestures that he makes). However, I still liked it when Buzz did realize that he was a toy and just seeing that change and humility in him after having his ego crushed.

As far as humor, Ms. Nesbit is probably one of the funniest scenes ever in both movies…

For now I’ll have to go with Mrs. Nesbit. I’ve always loved that scene in Toy Story where Buzz was “drunk” on make believe tea. LOL!

I have a feeling that Spanish Buzz is going to win my heart while Evil Buzz might make me worry about him a bit. We’ll just have to wait and see. :smiley:

Ms. Nesbit for the win! :smiley:
I haven’t seen BLOSC, but I’m very curious to see Spanish Buzz in TS3 for sure!

it depends. i haven’t seen enough of spanish buzz yet. and i think that spanish buzz is going to be awesome.

I agreed. I think spannish Buzz will be my favourite xD

SPace Raaanger

I’m going with evil buzz. Seeing the bad guy version of your favorite good guy is really awesome.

And on a side note, what would Woody’s evil side be like?

That would be the scrapped version of the first Toy Story reel aka Black Friday. It actually makes you sympathizing with Mr. Potato Head and Sarge when they are barking at the jerkwad Woody.

The Mrs. Nesbit scene is not only, for me, the funniest scene in the whole of Toy Story, but is actually the funniest scene in any Pixar movie ever so far. I just love it. :laughing:

It’s very interesting just how many ‘personalities’ Buzz has had over the years though, in comparison to Woody who’s generally quite a bit more consistent as a character. It makes a good contrast between the two of them.

Personally I’m really excited to see Spanish Buzz. It looks hilarious in the trailers and I can’t wait to see how it plays out in the film. My only questions are how will Buzz finally be able to return back to normal and what language will he speak in the spanish dubbed version?

I like Mrs Nesbit!

Mrs. Nesbitt.

Oh my gosh, I crack up every single time he/she/it comes on screen xD

‘Tell me the hat looked good.’

Mrs Nesbit FTW! :smiley: <3

I voted for space ranger Buzz, just because of the things he does because he thinks he’s real. Never gets old. Mrs. Nesbit was a close second.

I know many of you have been dieing to see the return of Mrs. Nesbit.
youtube.com/watch?v=tICMEzfa5yM

Mrs. Nesbit. :-D) I haven’t seen that scene in so long! wanders to YouTube

Lol!! :laughing:

Yup, definitely my favorite…at least until I see Spanish Buzz in TS3, anyhow. :laughing:

Well, I have to say that I like Buzz better once he’s realised he’s a toy. While it’s true that this personality lacks the comical brilliance of the other personalities, he’s much better at drama and sheer awesomeness. Some examples:

1. His initial Heroic Blue Screen of Death (TVTropes reference) creates the one true tearjerker moment of the first film, for me at least.

2. “This isn’t flying, this falling with style!” That, ladies and gentlemen, is why Buzz Lightyear is more awesome than actual superheroes.

3. “We have a friend in need, and we will not rest until he’s safe in Andy’s room! Now, let’s move out!” The brilliant bit of voice acting, combined with the music and the epic background almost make me salute and shout out, “Yes, sir!”

4. Throwing the “You are a toy!” line back at Woody in TS2. It really shows how far he’s come.

There are plenty of other examples, but you get the idea.