Major Plothole in Toy Story 2?

I was watching Toy Story 2 again lately and kind of realized something that I had never noticed before. When Woody was trying to get his arm back from Al’s pocket, Bullseye got out of his case and followed him to help out and was licking Al’s fingers right before Woody grabs his arm, but as soon as Al wakes up you can see that Bullseye is already back in his case. This is interesting cause the case door is closed and Bullseye has no hands to close it with. But the real reason I thought this might be a plothole is that this is when The Prospector turns on the remote to frame Jessie and somehow Bullseye did not see him getting out of his box on the way back up to the shelf. Maybe he only did it after Bullseye went back in the case, but the timing of the scene makes it seem like he couldn’t possibly have gotten back up there that fast. Of course Woody was too preoccupied with his arm to see what else was going on, and we couldn’t either so it’s hard to say.

Any thoughts?

Well, as a silent character, Bullseye really can’t articulate anything besides the occasional whinney. It might be possible that Bullseye did in fact know it was the Prospector but he just couldn’t say it. Plus, Bullseye is really really naieve, and fiercely loyal to Jessie and Prospector so it probably wouldn’t have been to hard for him to be convinced that turning on the TV in order to keep Woody from leaving wasn’t a bad thing.

But I have no answers to your “hands” question.

My guess with closing the door is that he just uses his teeth. I did think he looked just as surprised as the others though when Woody tells Prospector “You’re out of your box!” cause I always assumed that it was the Prospector’s own little secret that he could get out of his box at any time. But I guess that’s possible that he had it all planned that night and got Bullseye to go along with it, although Jessie certainly didn’t know about it.

I just realized something about TS1 that’s a little odd. It can be determined that Andy is moving about a week after the birthday party. If this is true, then why would Andy’s mom let him put new Buzz posters on the wall, get new bed sheets, etc. if they were just going to move away in a few days anyway?

Here, all of your questions have already been answered by TVtropes: [url]http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustBugsMe/ToyStory[/url]

Well the real reason would be to show Andy’s shift in interest from Woody’s western theme to Buzz, for the whole “strange things” sequence. The Buzz sheets were a gift also, and it’s not like posters are that much of a hassle to take down…plus notice that they’re crooked and stuff, as though Andy just slapped them on there temporarily, while in TS2 I think they were more “organized” on his wall…don’t know if that makes sense…

yeah its not hard to put up posters and whatnot. its not like they repainted his room or something.

as for the topic, I thought about that pretty much from the second viewing of the movie back in the 90s. I think it not really plot hole, its just one of those things that makes no sense when you analyse it. like how Al had the time to fly to japan, realise all his toys were gone, fly back home, and shoot a new comercial and have it air the very next day. on top of that, why would you allow an ad of you crying on air? you obviously have to edit commecials before you send them off to tv stations to be aired.

But like they say in the commentary, you just dont care about any of that, because its works. as long as its effective in the moment, it doesnt have to make sense later.
the whole Prospector getting out of his box is one of those things you only realise in hindsight, so their hoping your recollection isnt That good that you remember how fast and quite he would have needed to be to do it all in secret.

As for Bullseye, I have no reason to believe he was in on anything. he’s just a playful dog really, he’s not even capable of thinking that way.

If he were in on it at all it would have been a plot point.

Well commercials used to air live. This one could have been.
I guess it was the only way we could figure how Al ended up without switching the scene over to him uselessly.

That’s a great link, Pixar Builder! I spent the last ten minutes skimming through it. Didn’t realise there were so many loopholes, but if you think about it, there’s always a reasonable explanation for everything. Pixar really does its homework!

i dont know if its just me but on the last scenes of toy story with RC with buzz and woody they light the rocket and let go of RC in the moving van but i always wondered what happened to the remote control because he does have it in the second one? im prob wrong but you gotta take it with a pinch of salt.
cus i mean i don’t know if anyone noticed it but the toys come alive!! i mean how far fetched is that. :sunglasses:

Some of peoples questions can be answer on that site but some of the answers are horrible and they don’t understand the concept of the Toy Story movies.