Is there any characters (Major/Minor) that you don't like?

Which Character’s don’t you actually like,

I don’t like Al (not just becqause he’s a villain, I love Sid and Zurg at the start), I really think they could of had a better character replacing him, but still ahve the basis of the story revolve around the new character exaclty like in the second one.
I don’t like Jessie, she’s too much of a Tomboy, probably suits her character though as she’s a cowgirl, I just don’t like her :confused:
And I really don’t like the Aliens, the movies could of done without them.
(All my opinion)

One of the reasons Toy Story is remembered is because the characters work so nice together. That being said, I can’t think of any characters I genuinely don’t like. Still, Mr. Potato Head is one of my favorite characters, but sometimes, he can be a real jerk. Still, that’s just a part of his character (I totally didn’t intend for that ‘part’ pun). :laughing:

I don’t like Wheezy and Mrs. Potato Head that much…I also don’t really like Bo Peep and Rex.

DON’T LIKE REX???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

But seriously why?

I never really liked Jessie…Like, I understand her motivations and I do like the fact that she has an interesting and sad backstory, but at the same time she’s just so in-your-face and hence a bit irritating.

I don’t like Bo Peep either, just because she’s probably one of Toy Story’s least developed characters. She just seems very plain and a bit boring really, which is why I never liked that she and Woody got together- Woody’s such a rounded, complex character, and to me it made more sense for him to be in a rounded, complex relationship. But I guess Pixar didn’t want any attention to be detracted from Woody, so that’s fair enough.

Haha I guess I was kind of lying on that one, I do like Rex and think he is funny, but at times he can be a bit annoying…

EDIT- Please don’t use quotes within quotes, thanks!

-lizardgirl

Well said, I agree entirely.

Also, when I took some friends who hadnt seen Toy Story 2 before to see the double feature, they all said afterward that everything was awesome - except that they found Jessie annoying.

Like others said, when I younger I didn’t really like Jessie. But this year, when I saw the Toy Story 3D Double, I really started to like her, and now she’s one of my favourite characters.

The only character I dislike would be ‘Delusional Buzz’.

When I watched Toy Story I hated the aliens but when you I watched it like 67565752 again I really adored them. It shows you how well the chracters all fit together. I can not imagine toy story 2 without Jessie and bullseye without them it would be a whole different story.

by the way WOOHOOO Jessie and Woody

I don’t like Buzz when he’s crazy, I hate Mr. Potatohead, and Andy gets on my nerves for “outgrowing” his toys. Why is Jessie taking so much crap?? Come on, she’s so awesome! I love her, Bo Peep kind of annoys me, but not extensively.

EDIT- Please don’t shout on the boards, thanks.

-lizardgirl

what you hate potato head this is insane why he’s so funny.

I have to agree. Potato head provides a good deal of the comedy. esspecialyl in the first movie.

Also, Andy outgrowing his toys is thewhole point of the series. It’s about the toys accepting their mortality in a way. And you can see in the trailers that when he thinks he’s lost them he’s very upset.

It’s hard for me to say, since I love all of the characters in Toy Story a lot. But if I had to choose someone, I’d probably say Wheezy since I didn’t find his character particularly interesting. I kind of feel that the only reason why he was in Toy Story 2 was just to mirror what might happen to Woody and as a motivational factor for him to get out of the house. In essence, his character’s mainly there just so you can feel sorry for him.

However, I do love how he has Robert Goulet’s singing voice.

I never liked Wheezy too much. I think he was just thrown in there. :unamused:

Potatohead is mean to Woody. It’s necessary for the story, but I automatically hate Mr. Potatohead. I don’t like his wife, either.

That was only in the first one but hes thebest

Yeah, there was a great cast in the first movie. Mr. Potato Head’s place, however, was as Slinky’s opposite. Slinky was kind and loyal, Potato Head was sarcastic and quick to blame.

Also, Wheezy actually WAS thrown into Toy Story 2 as a purpose to get Woody to the garage sale. There’s a deleted scene commentary for it on YouTube. What’s more interesting, though was that Wheezy was originally a character for the unmade Tin Toy movie.

I always feel like there are two ways for hating a character - the annoying underdeveloped ones which get on your nerves, and those ‘love to hate’ ones.

Most ‘hated’ characters fall in the latter category with me, but I don’t really hate any character in Toy Story.

I never cared much for Wheezy, or Scud (Sid’s dog), Lenny, the Troikas, Rocky Gibralter, the Troll doll, Snake, ABC Robot, hockey puck, “wind the frog”, Sid’s toy car with hands and feet, Janey, Pterodactyl. But then, I digress.

I am, however, a huge fan of Bo Peep- yes she’s kind of bland at times, but come on, she’s a lamp, not very poseable (in play state) and Andy basically uses her as the oft-used damsel in distress. However, as a character, she’s warm, caring, helps Woody understand that Andy loves him, even if she herself got blown away by Buzz’s electronic gadgets initially.

Oddly enough, the Potato Heads and Aliens work for me as a unit, especially after Mrs says “Let’'s adopt them!” - the whole unison “Daddy” moment had me cracking up.

Toy Story, as a series, is an ensemble piece. Sure Woody’s the star, just as he is in Andy’s imagination, but that’s where the beauty lies- all the characters have a part to play. Sid’s mutant toys, though odd on some level, were needed, just as Wheezy was a plot device. The point is they were all necessary, regardless of how small their parts were- nobody was insignificant. Just as Woody said, “What’s important is that we’re there for Andy when he needs us, that’s what we’re made for, right?” -Omar