Pixar Planet

Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Postby PixarDude » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:28 am

Yeah I guess you're right. I just thought it would be cool if they sorta did a throwback to the hot-selling '95 toys. Unfortunately, I wasn't around when they were first sold but I have my brother's '95 Buzz and Woody.

A lot of us need Stinky Pete and I would love a re-release of UB Buzz, since I didn't get him the first time around. I still need to get Bullseye because I've asked for him for X-mas every time for the past, what, like 3 years and my pare-I mean Santa still hasn't gotten him. :( I hope I get him this year though but we'll have to see.
"To Infinity and Beyond!"- Buzz Lightyear
"Never tell me the odds!"- Han Solo
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby Agent 86 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:33 pm

I'd expect to see the obvious contenders re-released for Toy Story 4, including Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Rex. Possibly also Bullseye and the Potato Heads. Maybe Hamm.

I think we'd have a good chance of a decently scaled Trixie. I'm not sure about Bonnie's other toys or characters like Ken and Barbie. I'd expect Mattel to release some kind of "Toy Story" themed Ken and Barbie, but just like their releases for TS3 they probably won't be screen-accurate.

I'm not sure what the chances of Stinky Pete are. I'd love to see him released, but it seems unlikely. Then again, Lotso remains a strong presence for merchandising, but that could be because he's an adorable strawberry scented bear. It would be great to see characters from the shorts like Queen Neptune, Combat Carl and Lego Bunny snuck into the line somehow.

It will be exciting to see what is released in 2017. I remain ever hopeful for a Woody with an accurate toy-mode head-sculpt!
Agent 86
Garbage Boy

Postby THELASTKING » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:22 am

140730_B.jpg
140730_B.jpg (110.57 KiB) Viewed 2728 times
You guy need to check these out we may finally see an accurate Trixie if this line does well
THELASTKING
Ant

Postby THELASTKING » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:23 am

Here is buzz
Attachments
140723_B.jpg
140723_B.jpg (133.25 KiB) Viewed 2728 times
THELASTKING
Ant

Postby mintinthebox » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Lets start a strike out near thinkway and chain the front doors together to get what we actually want, since they won't listen nor give a cluck.
Mcdonalds chicken nuggets have a funny taste. a funnily AWESOME taste. cause mcdonalds is delicious. i like that resteraunt.
mintinthebox
Garbage Boy

Postby PixarDude » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:10 am

Well I don't think that will work. Then they'll never be able to work on a way to troll us again.
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby mintinthebox » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Oh. But, in other counties they still sell the old school stuff. Just not the u.s of a
Mcdonalds chicken nuggets have a funny taste. a funnily AWESOME taste. cause mcdonalds is delicious. i like that resteraunt.
mintinthebox
Garbage Boy

Postby Reptillus » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:01 am

Hi guys! Maybe one of you can help me with this... Can anyone point me to a good base to build an accurately sized Reptillus Maximus figure? I'm going to try with a Neopets gladiator-dinosaur figure I found cheap on eBay, but I'm open to better suggestions...
Reptillus

Postby PixarDude » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:20 am

I know this is off topic but does anyone know if Disney Store got Zurg back in stock? My Zurg's elbow joint just broke today as I was trying to pose him for display. Hopefully they do because all I have to do is take him back and exchange him. Do you have to have the receipt or not if it's broken? Cause if you do, then no new Zurg for me.
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby kdthomas » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:25 am

PixarDude wrote:I know this is off topic but does anyone know if Disney Store got Zurg back in stock? My Zurg's elbow joint just broke today as I was trying to pose him for display. Hopefully they do because all I have to do is take him back and exchange him. Do you have to have the receipt or not if it's broken? Cause if you do, then no new Zurg for me.

So you admit you broke your Zurg and now you want to defraud the Disney Store by returning it for another one? That's lame.
kdthomas
Shark Bait

Postby PixarDude » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:31 pm

^No. I've heard on Disney Store reviews of Buzz that they went to the store and told them that their Buzz was broken and they got a replacement. Plus, my Zurg came with the 2-pack with Buzz and I got him 2 years agp. Of course the Buzz was cheap plastic and broke when I was trying to pose his legs. They aren't high quality toys

EDIT: Just called them and turns out you do need the receipt and of course, they stopped selling Zurg. What should I do? I've heard of people melting a screw or something and attaching it like that. I'm not just gonna use superglue cause then I can't pose him.
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:16 pm

PixarDude wrote:^No. I've heard on Disney Store reviews of Buzz that they went to the store and told them that their Buzz was broken and they got a replacement. Plus, my Zurg came with the 2-pack with Buzz and I got him 2 years agp. Of course the Buzz was cheap plastic and broke when I was trying to pose his legs. They aren't high quality toys

EDIT: Just called them and turns out you do need the receipt and of course, they stopped selling Zurg. What should I do? I've heard of people melting a screw or something and attaching it like that. I'm not just gonna use superglue cause then I can't pose him.

There are a couple on Amazon for $50.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby PixarDude » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Well, I'm not paying that much. I'll have to find a way to fix mine.
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby mintinthebox » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:46 pm

well, reptillus, the arms you can use older (60's) gi joe parts and a burgundy spray paint, and make a 3-d print head.
mintinthebox
Garbage Boy

Postby PixarDude » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:25 am

OL so I know this may have been answered before but for some reason my TSC Jessie's yellow parts are really dirty. I've tried scrubbing it with a rag but it didn't really seem to work and some tiny parts of it came off :( how do I clean it?
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story