Pixar Planet

Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:39 pm

^ Sick poster. How did you get it?
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby Dinoco » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:20 am

It was on the Ultimate Toy Box Edition DVD. Might try a few others as well.
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:42 pm

Woody just arrived today! I'll post pictures and write a review on him by the end of the day.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby PaulM1983 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:47 pm

Brilliant. Look forward to that. My TSC Pricklepants arrived today so I'm pleased with him. I also got my aliens (eventually) so they're on the way. So with them, and Stinky Pete, it has been a decent week for the collection.
PaulM1983
Ant

Postby PaulM1983 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:29 pm

Finally got the Trixie I was after. She's not full movie scale but is near 10 inches long so she's the closest I could get. Pleased with her.

PaulM1983
Ant

Postby andy1273 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:05 pm

red.baron wrote:There are lots of problems with the Young Epoch version of Stinky Pete besides the current prices for the different versions of them. For one thing, the box and product isn't even movie accurate, meaning it's missing the gold pan, missing the faux wooden paneling inside the box, missing the cutouts of the moon on each side of the box. Even the box text is not entirely accurate. The body "clothing" of the movie character appears as molded, painted, hard plastic (hat may be the exception?) while the Young Epoch version is made of fabric. And where is the standout shiny gold tooth? Yes, we all fall back to the, "Well, it's the closest we're going to get to the movie version so it's the best" mantra. But, it still is not accurate and it's definitely not worth the current going prices that most general Toy Story collectors are willing to pay.

Regarding the seller on eBay (from Quebec) who is currently trying to sell the $800 (as of November 4, 2014) Stinky Pete: he has been trying to sell that thing for many months now. I offered him $700 for it back in June or July and he turned down. Shortly after my offer, he tried selling it for $699 (yes, my eyebrows were raised when I saw that); no one bought it and I was no longer interested. So, after two weeks at $699, he bumped the price up to $1199. Still scratching my head over that one. He changes the selling price--and sometimes the shipping cost--on a fairly regular basis. Now, I just enjoy watching his Stinky Pete auction more for entertainment purposes because of his pricing changes from week to week. (If I'm not mistaken, at one point, he was trying to sell it for $1999.) Caveat emptor.

Like so many other Toy Story fans, I hope Thinkway will rethink Thinky Pete... er, I mean, Stinky Pete...wait, I mean the Prospector.

agree to some extent that these epoch versions are not movie accurate but more based on the roundup show dolls.
as for pete's clothing, you could say the same for both woody and jessie but we all know in real life they will be cloth so why not pete too. I would say though his hat would be hard plastic like woody's.
I wanted a epoch version for ages nearly bought one until the seller let me down but now I'm glad I didn't pay all that money for something so inaccurate. I'm currently having a custom one made so watch this space.
andy1273
Shark Bait

Postby red.baron » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:21 am

The most obvious problem, and one that no custom-made version can overcome, is the lack of a pull string on its back and accompanying voice chip. That's the worst omission of the Young Epoch version. And for their going price (or even their initial price on release), that's outrageous.

The fellow from China who is making custom Prospectors (there are also some that come from Italy), are average at best, but certainly more affordable. Blind Squirrel is, in my opinion, the best custom-kit maker of some Toy Story characters out there--particularly the robot: *outstanding* kit (expensive too, but very accurate). Unfortunately, Prospector isn't available from him.
red.baron

Postby Agent 86 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:52 am

red.baron wrote:The fellow from China who is making custom Prospectors (there are also some that come from Italy), are average at best, but certainly more affordable.

Do you have any more information on the Chinese custom Stinky Petes? Are they one-off customs?
Agent 86
Garbage Boy

Postby PaulM1983 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:19 pm

I now have 2 of the 10 inch long Trixie figures so I'm selling one if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201291928346? ... 1555.l2649
PaulM1983
Ant

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:36 am

Heh, I got lucky again on eBay by purchasing the Young Epoch Tokyo Disney Resort Woody doll for only $190.
As you can see, he's the most accurate, color wise, in the set and I will review him once he arrives. Obviously, I will compare him with the Vintage Version. I'm definitely looking forward to see the figure.

Edit: Holy crap! Disney Consumer Products actually responded to my email I sent them.
Thank you for your message. We apologize that you have been disappointed with the lack of other Toy Story Character action figures sold through Disney. It is one of our top priorities to stock as many different styles of our merchandise as we can.

We are constantly developing new styles of merchandise. We have forwarded your interest in to our Merchandise Team for review.

Our Goal at the Disney Store is to exceed our Guest's expectations. We thank you for your comments and for your continued interest in the Disney Store.

While this doesn't confirm anything, at least it is a start from the DCP team. Only time will tell...
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby mintinthebox » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:00 pm

where on EARTH did you get trixie?
Mcdonalds chicken nuggets have a funny taste. a funnily AWESOME taste. cause mcdonalds is delicious. i like that resteraunt.
mintinthebox
Garbage Boy

Postby PaulM1983 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:51 pm

mintinthebox wrote:where on EARTH did you get trixie?

eBay. There's one on every other day. I paid around £25 for her.
PaulM1983
Ant

Postby TrustaMann » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:22 am

Doombuggy wrote:So a brief update, finally getting back to fixing the items that weren't quite right in my collection:

The inner piece on my See N Say was blue...now it's yellow. Just dismantled it, painted the front bit yellow, and the back red, re-assemble...screen accurate. And of course the barrel of monkeys barrel got a coat of yellow while I was at it.

Here is an updated picture of the collection...

Working on the Lego bunny now...I'll post about that over there.

My suggestions for your Toy Story Collection:

1. Stinky Pete the Prospector

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-YoungEpoch ... 19fcc0945e

2. Rock Em Sock Em Robots

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/visual/rocke ... 96-2265719

3. Lincoln Logs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LINCOLN-LOGS-lo ... 35e5d794b0

4. Hot Wheels Track

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOY-STORY-BIG-S ... 0580435737

5. Sparks the Robot

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Sparks-Act ... d_sxp_f_pt

6. Babyface

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Toy-Stor ... 43d8f8fae1

When you get them, they will be all yours. And your collection should then be complete with them.
TrustaMann
Ant

Postby PaulM1983 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:00 pm

But then you'd still need Chuckles, Buttercup, Trixie and Dolly for the main characters from Bonnie's toys. Then Twitch, Stretch and Chunk from Lotso's gang.

I managed to get the big 12 inch Chunk and Twitch and the largest Sparks for just under £50 for all 3 on eBay. They look great.

Also got the Chuckles that's made from all the separate "Build Chuckles" pieces for £6, which I was extremely pleased with.
PaulM1983
Ant

Postby Doombuggy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:26 am

TrustaMann wrote:My suggestions for your Toy Story Collection:

That photo is from a while ago...I've expanded quite a bit since then, with more characters coming...
Doombuggy
Ant

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story