Pixar Planet

Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Postby ilovewoody » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:41 am

Thanks for your comments,
well i just took one photo while i was working on the mouth and here it is
2222222222.jpg
2222222222.jpg (238.32 KiB) Viewed 6536 times

then i colored the lips and around of it very carefully with acrylic colors
i also edited the old eyebrows and eyes with acrylic and covered them by fixative lac
here is another photo of mt closed mouth woody doll!
IMG_20151202_083659.jpg
IMG_20151202_083659.jpg (104.67 KiB) Viewed 6536 times
ilovewoody

Postby JohnathanDoe » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:23 am

Looks difficult but worth it...did you ever try changing out the holsters with the TSC one?
JohnathanDoe
Ant

Postby Emma-in-Candyland » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:56 pm

ilovewoody wrote:Thanks for your comments,
well i just took one photo while i was working on the mouth and here it is
2222222222.jpg

then i colored the lips and around of it very carefully with acrylic colors
i also edited the old eyebrows and eyes with acrylic and covered them by fixative lac
here is another photo of mt closed mouth woody doll!
IMG_20151202_083659.jpg

Really nice :) I thought about using milliput for my Woody and see what I can come up with, the hardest bit is probably the paint job to be honest!
Emma-in-Candyland
Toy Collector

Postby JJM » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:52 pm

TheSpaceSheriff wrote:^ No, the Tokyo Disney Resort Prospector is the more vibrantly colored one with the less accurate box.
That's the only reason I slightly prefer it over the full color everyone wants.

I have that one. Here's a pic.

ImageMy Disney bedroom collection by ToyStoryFan1, on Flickr
JJM

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:29 pm

^ Whoa! I'm jealous haha! I prefer him over the full color solely due to his more vibrant color scheme. Did you snag him on eBay?

I have the Tokyo Disney Resort Woody and I noticed that he has a small loop in his back to mimic Woody's actual pull-string in the films. Does Prospector also have this? You can share more pictures if you would like.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby Delicious-Hot-Schmoe » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:12 am

ilovewoody wrote:I bought a Disney store Woody doll last month and the face and body wasn't that i was expected :? , he looked fat and the eyes were just creepy! i also didn't like the face expression and the eyebrows, so i decided to work on his face, i painted the eyes and eyebrows again and also worked on the hat and clothes, here is how he looks after the surgery!
maxresdefault.jpg

IMG_20151122_012447.jpg

For a quick second, I thought that you got the Medicom Woody early. Great job though! It looks even more accurate than TSC Woody.
Delicious-Hot-Schmoe

Postby PixarDude » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:30 am

Well ****. My TSC Buzz's knee joint snapped off the other day. Anyone know how I could fix this? I tried gluing it but it didn't work too well.
"To Infinity and Beyond!"- Buzz Lightyear
"Never tell me the odds!"- Han Solo
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby Carl's Ellie » Mon May 23, 2016 6:20 am

Hi All! :)

I know this thread hasn't been very active lately, but I just wanted to introduce myself! I have been lurking around these forums for a few months now and this is my absolute favourite thread :D

I'm based in Dubai with my husband due to work, but I'm originally from Australia :) I have been a toy collector for years now, but I only just started focusing on my Toy Story collection late last year when Medicom Woody came out. So my collection is split between here and Australia :D I also collect Disney Princess items, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura and Harley Quinn. I'm an absolute sucker for replica items in particular.

I know it isn't much, but this is what I have so far Toy Story-wise:

I also have Angel Kitty, Medicom Janie and TDR Mr and Mrs Potato Head on the way <3

I know Totoro isn't screen accurate, he's just one of the Totoro plushies that I own (I'm a real Totoro/Ghibli fan too!). I'm planning on getting a screen accurate Totoro next month as I am visiting a friend in Japan :)

I recently acquired a Superstar Barbie, so I'm going to get a Great Shape Barbie leotard and customise her to look like Barbie from TS3:

So yeah that's me! It is very lovely to meet you all :)
Carl's Ellie

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:31 pm

I haven't posted in ages but I just wanted to drop off pictures of my collection. I recently cleaned my shelves and wanted to take a picture of these guys.
Spoiler: show
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby magnumpi47 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:37 pm

how do u make toys like that thats so cool im trying to make a rocky im confused
magnumpi47

Postby ToysTory » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:45 am

Magnumpi, it seems like the aluminum foil/polymer clay (i.e. Sculpey) is a pretty popular method. I've been building a Toy Story toy collection for months now, and have used Sculpey numerous times in an effort to make the toys more movie-accurate. However, anything I have made is relatively small compared to Rocky, so I imagine creating one entirely out of clay would be quite the task. I'm sure it can be done though. If you decide to go that route, let me know how it goes!

Also welcome to the boards. This is my first post as well. It's a shame these forums seem so dead now :(
I could really use some help/advice myself and there seemed to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here...
ToysTory
Ant

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:17 am

ToysTory wrote:Also welcome to the boards. This is my first post as well. It's a shame these forums seem so dead now :(
I could really use some help/advice myself and there seemed to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here...

Hey, howdy, hey, welcome aboard. Yeah, most of the activity has been gone for years but there a few stragglers that like to pop in once in a while.

In terms of my collection, I've recently bought a used Utility Belt Buzz and a 1989 See n' Say as seen in the first film. I haven't really bought that much figures since they either: are too expensive or don't exist in the scale I want them in.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby ToysTory » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:34 pm

TheSpaceSheriff wrote:
ToysTory wrote:Also welcome to the boards. This is my first post as well. It's a shame these forums seem so dead now :(

Hey, howdy, hey, welcome aboard. Yeah, most of the activity has been gone for years but there a few stragglers that like to pop in once in a while.

In terms of my collection, I've recently bought a used Utility Belt Buzz and a 1989 See n' Say as seen in the first film. I haven't really bought that much figures since they either: are too expensive or don't exist in the scale I want them in.

I've actually been getting pretty lucky with prices on eBay. Persistence sure pays off, haha.

I'm hopefully optimistic that when Toy Story 4 comes out next year, this place will gain some of its livelihood back. I'd definitely love to chat with the legendary Wampar, for one. Basically everything I've done to improve my collection has been taken from his earlier posts. I plan to post pictures in the near future.
ToysTory
Ant

Postby carlos » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:00 pm

hi these are some replicas i made
Attachments
WP_20160514_007.jpg
WP_20160514_007.jpg (223.13 KiB) Viewed 6454 times
13140985_1103305989690673_1759416504_n.jpg
13140985_1103305989690673_1759416504_n.jpg (68.99 KiB) Viewed 6454 times
WP_20160810_005.jpg
WP_20160810_005.jpg (212.2 KiB) Viewed 6454 times
carlos

Postby ToysTory » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:27 pm

Those look awesome! Are the soldiers completely custom-made, or did you edit the ones from Thinkway somehow?
ToysTory
Ant

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story