Pixar Planet

Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Postby Draik » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:31 am

Hi everyone!!!!
I can't believe it's been so long since I last logged in but it feels good to be back now that we've all set our sights on Toy Story 4.

My collection's been pretty dormant since 2012, the only major additions were a Zurg (finally) and a talking Slinky I got at Magic Kingdom when I did a college program with Disney, until the Toy Story 4 teaser was released which sent me into full collector's mode again ;-p

A few new faces:

Forky - cobbled together with whatever I could find at the grocery store the day the teaser was released, will eventually get replaced with one of the build-your-own Forky kits whenever they reach Australia (those walking/talking "deluxe" ones are too big, look awful and are SO EXPENSIVE, WHO'S GOING TO SPEND $50 ON A SPORK)

Barbie - I can't believe it took an entire new movie where she only has a 2 second cameo at best for Mattel to release a semi-accurate Barbie... This one has a much better head sculpt and clothes but her body is articulated, a little too small and has flat feet instead of high heels so I attached the head of this new 2019 Barbie to the body of the "made for each other" one from 2010 and swapped the clothes over... much better!

Mrs. Potato Head - I ALSO can't believe Playskool finally made a Mrs. Potato Head with parts accurate to the movie. Luckily I had a spare Thinkway Mr Potato Head at my parents' house when I (unsuccessfully) tried to make a Mrs. from the bad Playskool version that came out for Toy Story 3 so I managed to frankenstein a mix of parts together to make something I'm finally happy with (unfortunately one of the Thinkway arms was missing and I couldn't find it anywhere so I had to use the ones that came with the TS4 Mrs. Potato Head so she doesn't 100% match up with Mr.)

Bo Peep - Originally I was only going to get the TSC version but after watching the movie last night I decided to bite the bullet and get both her old and new designs - the Thinkway deluxe one seemed to be the most accurate out there since she comes with the cape and the "talking friends" one has a much too large Giggles McDimples, who I'll end up getting the Pet Patrol playset for anyway.
I can't believe how good she looks compared to the one I had before - she'll get her own little section with Duke, Ducky, Bunny, Giggles (and Gabby Gabby if a TSC version is released) whenever they get released down here - the ridiculously overpriced old design TSC Bo who'll be grouped up with Andy's toys was only just released in Australia and was online-only so I'll update when she arrives.

I ALSO finally bought a plain regular TSC Buzz - when I was looking for one originally in 2010 the only ones that were sold anywhere were the utility belt ones and I kept putting off buying a regular one for so long that by the time I was ready to buy one they were out of production... thank god they're being sold again for TS4 so now I finally have the right Buzz.

The only glaring omission to the main set of Bonnie's toys now is Trixie who I'm HOPING will get a Thinkway version or at the very least a Disney Store version made since she has a slightly bigger role in the movie than the rest of the toys, although at this point it's been 9 years and the closest thing to an accurate to-scale toy is a plushie so I'm not really holding my breath.

Anyway it's good to be back, thanks for putting up with my rambling and I'll be sure to post some full collection pics once I sort out my display case to make room for the handful of new toys that will be released! :D
Draik
Garbage Boy

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:28 am

@ Draik - where did you buy the new Mrs Potato Head? I haven't come across it in stores down under.

And where have you ordered TSC Bo Peep from?

I did see the new Barbie at Kmart, but passed at the time and so far I haven't been able to find another.
Agent 86
Garbage Boy

Postby Draik » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:49 am

I bought Mrs. Potato Head off ebay about a month ago - the seller said they were Australian but she took like 2 weeks to arrive and came covered in import stickers so it clearly came from the US.
I did see the new Mr Potato Head at Toyworld today when I was looking for TSC Buzz but not 100% sure if there were any Mrs. Potato Heads with them.

TSC Bo Peep I found online at Sanity of all places, although they're special order so I'm not sure how long it will take to arrive, I only just ordered her today.
https://www.sanity.com.au/products/2423 ... hepherd_13

and yeah I got my Barbie in-store at Kmart, she's still up online
https://www.kmart.com.au/product/toy-st ... ll/2549304

An online toy store has Duke, Ducky and Bunny up for preorder as well, they also sell Bo and the new Potato Heads although you can't pick which one you want and they get shipped at random which is why I went with the ebay route.
https://toyshoponline.com.au/catalogsea ... +signature

Was hoping the $170 was a placeholder price for Bo Peep but nope, that's really how much this completely electronic-less uninteractive plastic doll costs for us 8D
Draik
Garbage Boy

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:17 am

Thanks Draik!

Yikes - $170 for Bo Peep is pretty crazy.
Agent 86
Garbage Boy

Postby ToysTory » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:45 pm

Thanks SpaceSheriff! I definitely recommend the kit. It's the best looking Forky character by far, and was literally less than 4 bucks at my local Walmart. It might be a hair too big, but I absolutely love him
ToysTory
Ant

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:21 am

Yikes, and I thought the TSC prices were bad here in the US. At least Bo finally came in for you guys. Glad to see older members popping out of the woodwork with Toy Story 4's release.
ToysTory wrote:Thanks SpaceSheriff! I definitely recommend the kit. It's the best looking Forky character by far, and was literally less than 4 bucks at my local Walmart. It might be a hair too big, but I absolutely love him

Was it this Forky kit? The other one being sold with the Buzz, Ducky, and Bunny creation kit felt a bit too big.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby ToysTory » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:21 am

Yep, that's the one. And yeah I do think the one with Bunny and Ducky is a bit bigger, but I haven't seen it in person. If you pick up that kit though I recommend making your own mouth and eyebrows (I used polymer clay), because the pieces they give you are pretty thin and they have a weird texture.
ToysTory
Ant

Postby Laker » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:28 pm

Wow, great collections, everyone! I haven't had much luck with TS4 items in my area, only the 11-inch figures and generic Woody, Buzz and Bo figures, alongside the Bucket of Soldiers. I went on vacation recently and found the non-talking, plastic Bo Peep. She's pretty good, and in my opinion, has the best face sculpt that I've seen so far. I also saw Ducky and Bunny there, but I didn't want to pay 50 bucks for them. I'm gonna buy the TSSC Aliens soon, alongside the Stunt Racer Duke Caboom, and the shopDisney versions of Ducky, Bunny, and Rex, seen as they're movie-sized and pretty accurate. Also, does anyone know of any good substitutes for the TSSC version of Bonnie's Toys? The cheapest version of them I could find was Mr. Pricklepants for $60 CAD.
Laker
Ant

Postby NachozRule » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:35 pm

I'm looking for a screen-accurate version of Giggle McDimples that you can buy without buying Bo Peep too. It looks like this kit is a good bet:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NQDJGQH/

Here's a YouTube review I found of it. Will probably pick up soon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnUOiAEUZoY
NachozRule
Garbage Boy

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:53 am

That's the best Giggle we'll ever get. She's scales well with the rest of the other toys. I also ended up picking up all the current TSC toys available alongside the Mattel Duke and the Deluxe talking Bo from thinkway and swapped her cape with the JcPenney/shopDisney version of her crook and cane.
ToysTory wrote:Yep, that's the one. And yeah I do think the one with Bunny and Ducky is a bit bigger, but I haven't seen it in person. If you pick up that kit though I recommend making your own mouth and eyebrows (I used polymer clay), because the pieces they give you are pretty thin and they have a weird texture.

Noted. I'm going to pop into my local Michaels for craft supplies for Forky's eyebrows. I feel like I'm in elementary school again. 8D
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Postby LinkStory » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:32 am

5E15FDFE-D7CF-4A38-97A4-7E484FF72130.jpeg
5E15FDFE-D7CF-4A38-97A4-7E484FF72130.jpeg (250.25 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
With Toy Story 4 out, I figured this would be a good time to show off my collection. Any ideas on the major, notable characters I’m missing? (obviously, I’m going to have to get all the new Toy Story 4 characters, especially Forky, Duke Caboom, Gabby Gabby, Bunny, and Ducky)

The biggest main character I don’t have is Mrs. Potato Head. I’ve never liked any of the ones available, but with Toy Story 4 they released a decently accurate looking one (for only $12 to boot). I’m definitely picking her up in the next few days. I also want to get the nice 15 inch Disney store Zurg which has been available for a while (mine is an older 10 inch one), and I definitely want the new Bo Peep.

Other characters I want that are accessible are Ken and Barbie. Besides that, I feel like I have every “major” character, and from there onwards I’m going to start looking on Ebay for the rare, expensive, minor characters that were actually made (like Mr. Mike). The others, I’m gonna have to get custom made because no good, accurate ones are available, like Chuckles the clown, Trixie, Big Baby, the hockey puck.

What do you all think?
LinkStory
Ant

Postby Amelia_Woods » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:52 am

Kids love to play with interesting toys.Give them toys like Original Copter for more fun and enjoy.
Amelia_Woods

Postby Draik » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:11 pm

TheSpaceSheriff wrote:Yikes, and I thought the TSC prices were bad here in the US. At least Bo finally came in for you guys. Glad to see older members popping out of the woodwork with Toy Story 4's release.

Yeeeeeah, between the TSC and deluxe dolls I spent $250 on Bo Peeps in one day :~o

Hoping that forky kit makes its way down under as well, the only ones I've been able to find locally are one where you literally have to mould his entire body out of clay and one that comes with actual FORKS instead of a spork.

Tempted to just pick up one of the cheaper toy versions of him because the cheapest I can find that $4 walmart kit is currently $50+ on ebay 8D
Draik
Garbage Boy

Postby Goblet97 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:00 pm

Great Pics - I love what you have done with Mrs Potato Head.

I was just wondering if any UK Collectors (or any Collectors for that matter) happen to know if Thinkway are planning on releasing TSC Bo Peep in the Uk? I'm having a nightmare trying to get a hold of her at a reasonable price. Thanks x
......CAN!
Goblet97
Garbage Boy

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:19 pm

Have any of you guys seen this? This Buzz was teased at the International Tokyo Toy Show recently. Takara Tomy is releasing a 30cm Buzz aims to be very poseable and includes a display stand for further dynamic poses. From the price in yen, it looks like it will be about $127 at least.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The biggest issues with it besides the fact it doesn't talk are the odd screw holes on his boots, the wings do not retract accurately, and the shoulder swivel to make him do the laser pose is still kind of awkward looking like the old Revoltech Buzz. I'll be on the look out for reviews on him around next month decide whether or not to get him.
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story