Pixar Planet

Toy Story 3 Articles

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Toy Story 3 Articles

Postby thedriveintheatre » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:20 pm

I don't think there's a thread set up for journal articles on TS3, so here I go. Maybe another one for 'Reviews' can be set up upon its release. Maybe mods could consider a sticky? :)

Sydneysider Pixar fans might want to get their hands on a copy of today's Daily Telegraph. The brand new poster of TS3 has made the front cover of the 'Hit' movie section. TS3 was also highlighted for the month of June, with good ol' Lotso and Buzz taking centre stage. Thank goodness they didn't feature Shrek 4 instead!

Very awesome, I thought they were going to have Gyllenhaal or Jolie on the cover instead, so to have an animated film featured instead shows Pixar can stand amongst the big-boys tentpole flicks. :)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby lizardgirl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Very awesome article there, thedriveintheatre. I'm glad they included a picture that features pretty much every toy in Toy Story 3 it seems.

And I'll sticky this thread for you as well as starting a couple of reviews threads.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Dinoco » Sat May 01, 2010 5:14 pm

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but Toy Story 3 has created quite a stir on AOL.
http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/2010/ ... e-guide%2F
It was a pleasant surprise to see Mr. P on the frontpage!
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby karly05 » Sun May 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Nice article on Lee Unkrich from the San Francisco Chronicle:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/30/PKUJ1D15KL.DTL

(Oh, and there are no movie spoilers in the article; it's a safe read.)
karly05
Toy Collector

Postby Bryko614 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:19 pm

Wired magazine has a look at the making of Toy Story 3 this month. Here's the cover page:
http://twitpic.com/1psh93
Bryko614
Upcoming Pixar • Chief Writer

Postby pixarfan9099 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Here's one from Newsweek: http://www.newsweek.com/2010/06/10/ligh ... -time.html

And here's one from Time: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 64,00.html

BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!!
Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby thedriveintheatre » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:54 am

Wired magazine has a look at the making of Toy Story 3 this month. Here's the cover page:

Here's the article online if you don't want to buy the magazine. ;)

Animating a Blockbuster: How Pixar Built Toy Story 3

Also from the same magazine, is '10 Things Parent Should Know About Toy Story 3'. It basically reads like a giant plug for Pixar, but who's complaining? Read Question 5 for the writer's interesting opinions on other upcoming family movies...

10 Things Parents Should Know About Toy Story 3
thedriveintheatre

Postby gleefan1 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 am

O yea! I saw that! :D .
What paper did you get it from TDIT?, in my local Hereld Sun they had like another article but not from like a entertainment paper.
I have it somewhere, Maybe i can just look for it tonight and post it here :D .

Thanks To All My Fello Pixar Friends, Means Alot :D
Greatest Glee Quotes.
Miss Pilsberry: "Right and it makes sence to I mean look at their role models you know you got, Britney Spears and her shaved head,Lindsey Lohan looks like something out of Lord Of The Rings, Ane Colter.
gleefan1
Garbage Boy

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:16 pm

What paper did you get it from TDIT?, in my local Hereld Sun they had like another article but not from like a entertainment paper.

It was in the Thursday entertainment section called 'Hit.' from The Daily Telegraph, a Sydney-based tabloid. I can't seem to find the original article now, but it was about a month ago (Good thing I photographed it for posterity!). Do you live in Sydney gleefan1?

There was an article in the Sydney Morning Herald on Thursday which was reprinted from the Telegraph, London, about how Toy Story 3 is making grown men cry. Yes, you heard me. Cartoons make adult males weep! Who woulda thought that? :roll:

Why Buzz Lightyear and Woody are a ticket to tears

And on that bombshell, it's time to say: "Good night, everyone!"
thedriveintheatre

Postby gleefan1 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:30 pm

No I think that artilcle that I saw was saying, "The 'Toys', Are Back
In Town".
But sadly I don't live in Sydney, Melbourne actuly, I visited Sydney one, I really liked it but it's just those white lines on the road, their super thin!!!!
The rear view mirrors nearly touched the car next to me!

Thanks To All My Fello Pixar Friends, Means Alot :D
Greatest Glee Quotes.
Miss Pilsberry: "Right and it makes sence to I mean look at their role models you know you got, Britney Spears and her shaved head,Lindsey Lohan looks like something out of Lord Of The Rings, Ane Colter.
gleefan1
Garbage Boy

Postby thedriveintheatre » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:29 pm

CBD roads are nightmare, gleefan1. A friend of mine went to Melbourne and he prefers the 'grid structure' you lot use there! :)
thedriveintheatre

Postby Rey » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:10 am

Oooooh! The first English one from Japan.
http://www.japantoday.com/category/ente ... r-the-toys
Rey
Garbage Boy

Postby Rey » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:33 am

Here's another one with Darla Anderson in Japan.

Life choices at heart of latest 'Toy Story'
Atsuko Matsumoto / Daily Yomiuri Staff Writer

Nothing remains the same. For good or bad, life is full of changes you can't avoid. This truth is at the heart of the much-anticipated Toy Story 3.

"In life, we all have to experience change--it's inevitable. We move on, and sometimes relationships move on and we do different things in our lives," Toy Story 3 producer Darla Anderson said in an interview with The Daily Yomiuri on her recent promotional visit to Tokyo.

Back in 1995, Toy Story made its mark as Hollywood's first feature-length computer-animated movie. But what made it last was its story, which was populated with lovable characters that attracted audiences across all age groups.

Fifteen years since its release and 11 years since its sequel, the third installment has finally arrived. Andy, now college age, no longer plays with his once favorite toys. The fate of Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the others looks gloomy.

"I like things too much. So I can become very attached to all the items in my collection, so it's always hard for me to let them go," Anderson said.

"At the end of the day, they're still just things...if you're not using them anymore, I think it's a beautiful thing to pass them on to children who are really going to play with them," she added.

Anderson has steadily built her career through involvement in the production of such classics as Toy Story, Monsters, Inc. (2001) and Cars (2006). But her experience didn't make Toy Story 3 any less stressful.

"The hardest part was not getting too intimidated with the idea that Toy Story and Toy Story 2 were such good movies. For a while there, we were just so worried that we wouldn't make a film that was good enough to stand alongside those two films because they're both such good films and because they were so beloved," the producer said.

In addition to the familiar faces, Toy Story 3 introduces a key new character, Lots-O'-Huggin' Bear. But the evil bear and his relentlessly bad attitude may confuse the younger and more innocent members of the audience.

"From my point of view, I think that it's interesting to see that that's a choice. Woody...is making a choice [about] what to do now that Andy's grown up. He could make the choice to feel bitter and abandoned because Andy is, in essence, leaving him because he's becoming an adult," Anderson said.

"So alongside that, we have the throughline of Lots-O's story, where he got abandoned--not because his kid was a bad kid, but by accident--and his choice was to become bitter and hardened by that. As a storytelling device, it's interesting to have a thread of a kind of alternate universe of choices you can make in life," she added.

In the movie, which Anderson described as "kind of coming home again," John Morris, 23, who did Andy's voiceover in Toy Story and Toy Story 2, again played the now young man.

While it may be a sad thought that things may inevitably change, it could also mean Andy someday may have his own family with a child who will play with Woody and Buzz.

"I really don't know if there's gonna be a Toy Story 4. We just finished this movie literally four weeks ago. So, when we were making this movie, we were thinking of completing it [the series]. That was what was in our minds, the filmmakers' minds for this film," Anderson said.

"But you know, never say never, and it seems like people really like these characters, so who knows?"

The movie opens Saturday.

(Jul. 9, 2010)

It's Monday afternoon in Japan and everybody here wants TS4.

The source. http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/features/ar ... Y12T01.htm
Rey
Garbage Boy

Postby lizardgirl » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:10 am

The Daily Mail's review came out today, and it gave Toy Story 3 five stars! The reviewer is known for being tough, so that's pretty amazing. I'm happy to type up the review later on, though it does seem to have a few spoilers so I haven't read right through it yet.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby queen_of_painting » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:40 am

Check out my artwork in the link below!

film · food · art · words
queen_of_painting
Master Scarer

Next

Return to Toy Story