Pixar Planet

Toy Story 3 Critical Reviews

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby pixarfan9099 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:14 am

After reading that review, I wonder if Armond even watch the same TS3 as us. "Lotsa Hugs"? I love the comments. One guy said he joined just to be angry about that review. Oh, BTW, if you haven't already, sign this petition to ban him from RT: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/banarmondwhite
Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Pixarinho* » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:36 am

Who cares about Rotten Tomatoes? It, in my opinion, means absolutely nothing. The only person's opinions that should matter is your own. :) I know having the Toy Story trilogy as all 100% is nice, but, hey, anything over 90-95% is brilliant, anyway. :D
Pixarinho*
Garbage Boy

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:49 pm

I signed it, and posted it to my Facebook page, so it should get some attention. :)
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby RoboDad » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Pixarinho* wrote:Who cares about Rotten Tomatoes? It, in my opinion, means absolutely nothing, the only person's opinions that should matter is your own. :) I know having the Toy Story trilogy as all 100% is nice, but, hey, anything over 90-95% is brilliant, anyway. :D

You're right, of course, but many, many people don't think that way. They need to have validation from other sources before they go see a movie, and RT is one of the most popular sources out there right now.
RoboDad
Garbage Boy

Postby Dinoco » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:33 pm

I hope RT takes notice. I think we can all be without this guy's "valuable input".
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Yeah, he just wants to ruin it for those of us who have taste.
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby Livyrosebud » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Eh, if it ends up with 99%, no biggie. We all know it deserved that 100, anyways. But I'm still signing that petition.
Livyrosebud
Shark Bait

Postby karly05 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:51 pm

RoboDad wrote:
Pixarinho* wrote:Who cares about Rotten Tomatoes? It, in my opinion, means absolutely nothing, the only person's opinions that should matter is your own. :) I know having the Toy Story trilogy as all 100% is nice, but, hey, anything over 90-95% is brilliant, anyway. :D

You're right, of course, but many, many people don't think that way. They need to have validation from other sources before they go see a movie, and RT is one of the most popular sources out there right now.

Agreed that critical reviews can make or break a movie for certain parts of the audience - but I also agree that anything over 90% on RT is going to sound good to the general public. And if anyone actually reads Armond's "review", they'll just be scratching their heads over it, anyway. :lol:
karly05
Toy Collector

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:36 pm

Toy Story 3 is now at 98% at RT. :(

I liked 99% better...
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby queen_of_painting » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:19 am

98% is still pretty fantastic! :D

Check out my artwork in the link below!

film · food · art · words
queen_of_painting
Master Scarer

Postby Ding » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:18 am

On a lighter note, Kevin Carr from 7M Films wrote an absolutely glowing review of Toy Story 3! He's not really anyone famous or important that you should know about, and I doubt what he says actually weight or influence, but I still love this guy because his writing made me smile and he basically summarizes the reason why Pixar is so amazing.

http://www.7mpictures.com/inside/reviews/toystory3_review.htm
Ding
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby DarkHandOfSigourneyWeaver » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:55 am

Concerning Ebert's review, it is true that the main emotional, human period of TS3 is the last part, but there is a lot of that in the first sequence, and much of what we see at the little girl's bedroom and Lotso's groups story is emotive. In fact, a large part of the earliest member's own reviews in the other stickied thread is just dripping with tears.

I guess in the first two movies, there was an 'evil' incorrigible kid and an
'evil' incorrigible toy collector. Ok, so there wasn't an evilty incarnate homo sapiens this time around. Actually, come to think of it, in TS2, in addition to the selfish toy collector, there was Stinky Pete, who turned out to be black-hearted in a twist near the end of the story, and Zurg, who really didn't factor into things much. Still, the cards seemed stacked against our friends in that installment and it made for a fine finish. I didn't get all excited and emotional in the [spoil]incinerator scene, sorry. Maybe that's where Roger got derailed from the Orphan caboose.[/spoil]

Oh, I read Mr. Ebert's review of How to Train Your Dragon, an excellent movie, and he seemed confused as to whether to call it such, and didn't even mention the magnificent characterization of the Dragon. It got a super rating, and I don't feel he really liked it. He sort of shrugs his shoulders in his recent reviews of animated movies like he's saying "Oh it's ok I guess, go see it if it's your bag". Poor Roger.
Last edited by DarkHandOfSigourneyWeaver on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkHandOfSigourneyWeaver
Toy Collector

Postby Danachii » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:31 pm

RoboDad wrote:You're right, of course, but many, many people don't think that way. They need to have validation from other sources before they go see a movie, and RT is one of the most popular sources out there right now.

If I always need constant approval from other people just to watch a movie, then I'd never learn to value my own judgment. And, yes, this even includes famous critics. :\ Honestly, I don't even care if some famous movie critic that I've never even heard of gives my favorite movie a bad review or something. That'll never stop me from enjoying it and being part of the fandom for it.

And, personally, I only care about my own opinion. *shrugs* But that's just me.
Not active here anymore.
Danachii
Garbage Boy

Postby Pixar Builder » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:41 am

Chester A. Bum reviews Toy Story 3! I was really hoping that Doug Walker would have done it in his Nostalgia Critic guise, though. :( But at least he seemed to love the film.

The only thing he said about it was Slinky's voice sounded different. Hmmmm, I bet he had some help from Wikipedia.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... oy-story-3
Join our new Flickr Group Pixar Planet Pixels today!

Pixar Builder
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pixarfan9099 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story