Toy Story Comics

I ran a search and couldn’t find any thread on this for a few pages, so if anyone knows of a preexisting one, please merge this? But yeah, I don’t think there’s one yet.

Anyway, it’s Free Comic Book today (it’s Saturday, 1st of May in Oz now), and Sydneysiders might want to pop down to the city’s Kinokuniya outlet to get their hands on free comics. The ones Pixar fans should be eyeing is BOOM Studio’s (the same production house that has been doing the Incredibles and Wall-E adaptations)Toy Story FCBD 2010issue. Click on the link to view a 7-page preview. No purchase necessary, just show your pretty mug and get a copy!

Me, I’ll be grabbing Archaia’s Mouse Guard/Fraggle rock issue. I have no idea what on Earth is Fraggle rock (and I probably won’t care unless someone illuminates me), but I’m really here just for David Peterson’s next installment in his epic warrior-mice saga. :slight_smile:

Dreamworks fans might want to check out Shrek/Penguins of Madagascar. Iron Man/Thor and Owly are pretty good picks, too.

Anyway, here’s a full list. According to the official site, this is a worldwide event, so your local participating bookstore should have copies. Pixar fans, you know what to do. :slight_smile:

Free Comic Book day? Oh yes please, methinks I’ll just pop over to Sydney and grab myself a few bits and pieces.

Thanks for the link to the preview, thedriveintheatre. It’s always interesting to see how well Pixar films transfer to a 2D format.

Yup, you read that right. So you can check with the online International Store Locator to see if there’s a participating outlet near you. :wink:

Oooh, even better thedriveintheatre! Though it’s a shame really, I’ve been looking for a good excuse to go to Sydney for a while…:laughing:

There are a few participating places in cities nearby, but none in my local city. That’s what I get for living in the ‘sticks’. Still, thanks for the link! Hopefully some other members on here will be able to make the most out of this.

I wouldn’t mind taking advantage of this, but the closest comic shop near me is like an hour away. too far if you ask me.