Chain of Command in Andy's Room

In Toy Story before Buzz arrives, Slinky is obviously second in command under Woody. He’s seen rounding up everyone for the staff meeting.

Later, when Woody and Buzz are out at Sid’s house and such, who led the toys with Woody gone? I’d assume Potato Head and Hamn.

And if they really DID get rid of Woody and Buzz for good, who would’ve led the toys? Again, Potato Head is the best bet.

And when all settles down, Buzz and Woody co-lead the toys. Under them, who is the second in command of Andy’s toys? This goes for the 10 years between Toy Story 2 and 3 as well. Slinky. Jessie or Potato Head would be the best bets.

So bottom line, who would’ve led Andy’s room w/o Buzz and Woody, and who’s second in command under those two? Who do you think?

As you said, Slinky was already second in command, so I figure he would just be promoted. He is the most qualified, after all.

And I do not think Potato Head would ever be elected leader. His attitude isn’t right for the job. I can see him, however, taking the job by force, aka Dictator Spud. I doubt he’d ever do that, though. Well, he might…

I agree with love70ways, Potato Head doesn’t seem like a natural leader unless he decided to lead by force. Slinky seems to be very level-headed and would be able to calm toys like Rex as well as keeping toys like Mr. Potato Head under control, and Woody clearly trusts him too.

Jessie would also likely lead the toys due to her closeness to Woody and Buzz, plus the fact that she seems like she’s rather popular with the other toys.

I agree lizardgirl that after the events of TS2 Jessie is a likely candidate to lead the gang. I’m just wondering if the others toys might not accept her immediately due to her newly joining them. They would certainly accept her after getting to know her better, though, and after seeing her leadership qualitites in action.

I’d go with Slink and Sarge as co-leaders.

Hmm, yes, I really hadn’t considered Sarge for some reason. He’d make a good leader indeed. His small size would be quite funny though when he needs to lead some of the larger toys :laughing:

I never thought of Slinky as “second-in-command”, but more like Woody’s most trusted second hand man. I know it doesn’t sound like there’s a difference >< I wish I had a better way of explaining what I mean. I just don’t think Slinky was like, assistant leader. I don’t think Woody needed or wanted one. Slinky’s loyalty just makes him a lot easier for Woody to ask for his help with things like rounding up everyone.

I’m sure Jessie helped herself to taking charge in Molly’s room :] She’s very determined and I’m sure Bo doesn’t mind haha (Bo’s too fragile to do what the rag dolls do anyway >< )