Jealousy-A Constant Theme?

Have any of you guys ever noticed that Jealousy is a constant theme in the TS movies? In the 1st one, Woody was jealous of buzz, in the 2nd, Stinky pete was jealous of space toys in general. Are we seeing a trend here?

I cant think of many movies that don’t have that as a theme.

I agree, I think the TS movies are the only ones that has jealousy as a plot key.

I’d say jealousy is a particular feature of the first Toy Story just because it’s so obviously portrayed in Woody, but naivity is just as much a key point in the first- Buzz’s naivity to both his own situation and to Woody’s feelings. Naivity also plays quite a part in the second, with Woody being completely unaware of his past as well as being naive to the Prospector’s true motives. So I’d say jealousy and naivity are sort of in equilibrium in both the movies.

Ecto-1A, I think you misunderstood Kyle- he was trying to say that jealousy features in a lot of movies generally. I think I agree with Kyle, jealousy is present in many movies, but with Toy Story, as you said Ecto-1A, it is quite a key plot point.

Ahhhhh, ok then.

I agree here. With the first one, that was a major plot device, but in the second, it was a little bit more hidden.