Toy Story 3 Mistake

I noticed that in Toy Story 3 (previews of course) Woodys arm isnt “nice and STRONG” like it was at the end of TS2

It is, but it’s difficult to see in some shots. The easiest spot for me to see it is when Woody says “We’re busting out of here”. His arm has a noticeable bulge.

youtube.com/watch?v=v_FfHA5whXc
look at 0:58 i dont see anything and THAT of all views should be the one to see it in

Yeah, it seems they intentionally made it a lot smaller than it was at the end of Toy Story 2, which is probably a good thing, but it does bulge out a bit more than his other arm, and the red stitching that Andy used is still present. I’ve especially noticed the extra fluff in shots were Woody has his hands on his hips.

true and who knows, Andy did fix his arm himself so he coulve done a horrible job and all the fluff came out. we will never really know

The animators actually had to manipulate the bulge in every shot, since apparently it wasn’t built into the model, so it’s more pertinent in some shots than others.

They updated Woody’s model with a lot more stress marks, so that might help explain it.

At 0:35 you can see it really well that Woody has a bulge in his arm… and the next scene you can see the red stitching almost in close up

It’s possible Andy fixed it again as he got older and better at sewing.

That shot has been updated since that trailer, you can see it in the Japanese trailer, the camera is pulled in tighter closer to woody, and there’s probably some other differences too. Though I haven’t checked to see if the bulge is there. (that doesn’t’ sound right no matter how I word it…)

The bulge AND stitching is there. I’m sure the arm mostly went back to state, as I dont think Andy put MORE cotton in there, just sewed the seam, and by doing so the cotton bunched down. Over time wouldnt look as bad, but still noticeable. Woody doesnt seem to care though, hahah.

Actually, I just remembered another thing; it would actually be more realistic if his arm lost the stuffing. When my brother was young, he had a stuffed animal, and by the time he grew out of it, the thing looked anorexic.

If they did that, then they would have the audience question the stability of Lotso’s material, as he’s been at a daycare hugged to near death but still looks round and obese, hahaha.

Well, then there’s Lotso’s material to consider. And they have that stuffing station at Sunnyside, but I’m probably looking too far into this.

Hahahahah I forgot about the stuffing station!!!

See, your way of thinking actually made more sense than mine. That would explain Lotsos constant girth.