Anyone here dislike Jessie?

What the title says really. There seems to be a lot of Jessie-love around these parts and I can’t understand why? To me she just seems irritating, but I do understand how important she is to the story so I can kinda put up with her.

I’m fine with her. I prefer Bo to Jessie, but then I’m biased like that. Still, Jessie and Buzz are a great couple -Omar

Dislike Jessie! How dare you. Lol. She’s ok in small doses. Mind you, if she were my sister I would disown her.

My friend hates Jessie due to her hyperactive yodeling fits, but I’m neutral about her. She can be a little annoying, and she doesn’t have that many really great lines, but she’s okay.

I don’t dislike her at all. But then, I also don’t live with her 24/7, either :wink:.

Within the context and confines of the Toy Story universe, I think she’s perfect just as she is.

I liked her at first, as a playful character, but I started to dislike her as she became a bit of a brat once she heard Woody had to get back to her owner. Then after ‘When She Loved Me,’ I fully sympathized for her. Then again, I think this is how Pixar intended it to go down anyways.

I LOVE Jessie. She’s just so cute, the ideal pixar girl. Spunky, loud, but sweet when it matters. I don’t see why she bothers so many people.

I do like her, but mainly because of her background story, as her usual day-to-day personality can be a bit grating. She’s a great contrast to Woody and the other toys, though, so she does work well in the context of the film, I think.

Yes! she’s really annoying i think.

I agree, I really love her. And she and Buzz is such an awesome couple :smiley:

I love her too, but I understand if others find her a little annoying. But I read a review of the college cliffhanger edition of TS3 from a person who said that they had disliked her in TS2, but that she was a lot more likable in 3.

Jessie is just so high energy! It takes the right person to handle her.

I love Jessie. She’s my favorite TS2 character. She kind of reminds me of a caffeinated version of myself actually, lol! :laughing:
And the scary thing is… my name IRL is Jessie, too! :open_mouth:

I’m glad to see that you and Jess*E agree. :slight_smile: She is my favorite female character, as well as my favorite Pixar character tied with Woody, Buzz, Elastigirl, and Mr. Incredible. And considering her past, I thought her anger about Woody and Andy was very understandable.

aww! I love Jessie, I think that she really adds something to the toy story “gang” that wouldn’t be there if she wasn’t in toy story. I also just love how Woody kinda saved her, took her in and into Andy’s house :3 without her, Toy Story 2 would be just kinda boring for me

Jessie to me is still my favorite female character in the PIXAR films. I think a big reason I like ‘Toy Story 2’ is because of her.

At the charity screening of TS3, I even had to admit it to Joan Cusack. I think Joan wanted to know why, and I explained because when you first meet Jessie, she’s just so loud and excitable. But then, when Woody reveals he still has an owner, she just suddenly takes a turn into territory you don’t normally see, when Jessie begins to panic and and seems to turn sour.

She became a pretty complex character in a PIXAR film. You realize that she has alot to worry about, and that fear seems to have permeated into her sense Emily had given her away all those years ago.

You could almost see it as someone who was in a loving relationship, and then when it ended, they refused to let anyone else in for fear of being burned again.

I totally agree with you.
Nice sig btw!

To me, Jessie is such a sweet and wonderful character. Toy Story 3 wouldn’t be the same without her. Her background makes you feel sorry for her and makes her more endearing, and she’s very playful and funny.

I love Jessie. :slight_smile:

You’ve seen Toy Story 3???

No, but I wish I could. I’m just saying that if TS3 didn’t have Jessie, it wouldn’t be worth seeing. :wink: