For Pizza Planet Truck Fans

Will the Pizza Planet truck play a major role in Toy Story 3?

0 voters

We all know the Pizza Planet Truck has appeared in every single Pixar film to date, but it’s appearances have been most prevalent in the Toy Story film. It serves as a Deus Ex Machina, randomly appearing when the toys need it the most. So, do you think the Pizza Planet truck will have a major role in Toy Story 3? I hope so.

Also, if anyone is good at photo editing software, like gimp or photoshop, I thought it might be fun if we created our own Pizza Planet Truck easter eggs. So please, impose the truck onto some of your favorite images here!
example: see if you can spot the truck

BTW, I love the Pizza Planet Truck. I remember thinking how cool it was back when I was five and watching the first Toy Story film, and was completely in love with the design and the weathered beat up feel of the vehicle. I’m planning on building my own truck in the near future, as soon as I get enough funding and get my license, by modifying an old 1986 Toyota Hilux.

I know for sure that the Pizza Planet truck will be in Toy Story 3. I agree with you on how it served a more important purpose in the previous Toy Story films as a way of progressing the story rather than just being a cameo like in every other Pixar film, so I’m curious to see what situation would call for it this time. Somehow I don’t think the toys would have any need to be in the truck again for this story, so I have a feeling it may either be another cameo or be used for a different purpose.

yeah, I think that based on the toys I’ve seen for the upcoming film, as well as the audio DVD commentaries from 1 & 2, there will probably be another chase sequence at the end of the film and the truck will probably be involved. However, Pixar might be concerned about repeating themselves and might not do this.

Contrary to everything getting old and worn-out since Toy Story 2, I think there’s not much more that you can do the thing. If this is the FINAL Toy Story, it definately needs to play a large part. Then again, I would die if they featured Pizza Planet itself.

You know what would be fitting? To see Pizza Planet being torn down, or hear about it after the fact. Maybe someone talks about fear of change, regarding Andy, and there’s a throw away line like “yeah well, insert new restaurant name here isn’t a Pizza Planet either. The world is constantly changing, its how you adapt that makes you who you are, not your past…” yada yada.

or something.

It’s a given it’ll appear, and it maaaaaaay have some importance to the plot. Maybe once Woody is swept into the garbage, assuming that truly happens, the toys charge to the junkyard, and they use it to try to escape Lotso at the garbage controls and save Woody.

It’s probably not a stretch to see Pizza Planet back in some form, but the chances of seeing the actual restaurant are slim. Obviously not the one from the first film, but a different location.

We wouldn’t need to see the restaurant since they had already moved away in Toy Story 2 and didn’t need to show it then. Just the truck. They would have to show it anyway since it’s a Pixar tradition that hasn’t been broken (except maybe once with The Incredibles as no one can find any definite proof that one exists in that film).

whatchu tak’n bout? its right there, plain as day!

:stuck_out_tongue:

That Lego set is based off the TS2 scene.

The Pizza Planet truck is in the movie, but not quite as big as before. [spoil]It’s seen in a flashback, so maybe Pizza Planet isn’t around anymore.[/spoil] But I think a Pizza Planet schedule is also on Andy’s corkboard, which is a nice touch.

So did you already saw the movie? Don’t spoil me, or anything. But you mean it’s a smallest appearence than in the first two or just a cameo like in the non-Toy Story films?

Kyle wrote

I fell out of my seat Kyle. I’m still bustin’ a smile. You know for me it was fun looking for the PPT during Christmas holiday for three days in 2006.

I just bought the LEGO TS3 7598 today and there is I think a spoiler on the back of the box so I voted for the third one.

I didn’t see it, but I’ve heard from people who have seen it. [spoil]It’s smaller than the first two films, but it’s not just in the background. The characters actually use it for something.[/spoil]

Would make sense since behind the scenes, Pizza Planet used to be a French restaurant until it burned down. At first I thought you were talking about the truck, but we know that survives until WALL-E.

Well, there’s a part in the trailer when Rex asks if they should be hysterical. They’re right near a car in a garage, or at least you can see the tire. Maybe that’s the PPT

They are in the house’s garage. The tire is from the car of Andy’s Mom.