Did You Expect How Toy Story 3 Would End? *SPOILER WARNING*

Did You Expect How Toy Story 3 Would End?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe :3

0 voters

[spoiler] I thought Andy would have them live in the attic for the rest of their life[/spoil] XD :laughing:

EDIT- Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilers on the forums, thanks!

-lizardgirl[/spoiler][spoil][spoil][/spoil]

That Google commercial had me thrown off a bit
 [spoil]Though, even if they didn’t meet up with Andy, I expected them to find they’re old friends somehow.[/spoil]

EDIT- Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilers on the forums, thanks!

-lizardgirl

To be honest with you, [spoil]I thought someone was gonna die or the toys end up in the attic and woody fprgets about them. [/spoil]But I’m happy the way it ended.

I had no idea how it would end until I saw a thread on here that DIDN’T have spoiler tags about the ending from The Art of Toy Story 3.

Even then, I still wept like a baby from the nostalgia, sweetness, and happiness from how beautifully it was played out. The spoilers on the ending didn’t prepare me at all.

My own predictions about the movie before and during production were that Andy would in the end put the toys in the attic, and later give them to his children years later.

Before it was made clear that [spoil]ONLY Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Bullseye, Rex, Hamn, Slinky, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, and the Aliens[/spoiler] were returning, I was really stressed about how they were gonna do a whole “find a new home” premise. I was afraid that Woody would have to lead the dozens of Andy’s toys across the streets to somewhere safe.[/spoil]

Nope, this ending was very unexpected for me, since I only read about 3 or 4 spoilers. But I am very happy with how TS3 ended.

[spoil]I thought that they were going to split up; I thought Woody would end up with Andy and the rest of the toys would stay at Sunnyside xD[/spoil]

.[spoil]me too! I didn’t expect Woody to even consider leaving Andy
especially since he’d already said his final goodbye’s and all the toys were all already planning on going to the attic[/spoil]

I only knew what would happen because of reading that magazine, but seeing it was a much different experience than just reading it.

ehhhh, i kinda knew the ending to toy story 3
it’s the way i am
i even figured out the plot of the simpson movie just by seeing the trailer :laughing: but the part with with the [spoil]incinerator[/spoil] and [spoil]how the toys gave up and started holding hands[/spoil] really pulled me into beliveing that the toys [spoil]were at their end.[/spoil]

I was somewhat sure about [spoil]the whole donating to Bonnie thing, and during the incinerator, I was almost ready to believe that wasn’t the end
my main thought though was that during the incinerator, Woody was really asleep and would wake up being donated to Bonnie or something with everyone
which I was TERRIFIED of because that would be the definiton of LAME[/spoil]

To be honest, I thought Woody would go to college while the toys went into the attic. Years pass, and Woody is taken back up to the attic.

I didn’t want to think about how the movie would end. I was afraid that I would have expected it to end the way and then it turns out different and I could be disappointed by it.

Basically, not thinking about how it was going to end made me like the ending more because I didn’t expect anything.

I had heard some people say that at the end, the tears would flow.

[spoiler]I thought the incinerator scene was just that scene when I saw the charity screening.

There was a voice in my head saying, ‘they wouldn’t do this!’ Then again, we had been dealing with a rather less light-hearted world around the toys.[/spoiler]

Before I went to see the movie, I had the fortune of avoiding as many spoilers as possible (so beyond knowing that [spoil]Lotso was the villain thanks to a spoilerific thread title on Wall-E forums[/spoil], I didn’t know how the film would end).

My initial guess before the movie began was [spoil]Woody would convince or trick Andy somehow into bringing the rest of the gang together, or that Andy would have a change of heart. I knew that Andy chose Woody from one of the preview clips.[/spoil]

Then after I discovered that [spoil]Andy planned to keep the toys in the attic, I thought the movie will end with Woody and Co. being kept upstairs for a few years, until one day they are brought down again to be played with Andy’s children (as Woody suggested as a possibility to the gang, and assuming Andy moved back in with his mum).[/spoil]

When the [spoil]incinerator scene[/spoil] came, I was literally terrified, especially when the ominous music started playing. It was a little like [spoil]Wall-E, I know in my heart that Pixar wouldn’t do a sad ending, but I found it very difficult to convince myself that everything was going to be alright. I was like, “How are they going to get out of this one?”[/spoil] If any Western animation studio is capable of pulling a ‘Grave of the Fireflies’, Pixar will be my first bet.

Then when [spoil]Woody scribbled the Post-It, I thought that he was going to send the rest of the gang back to Sunnyside, and that he would see again somehow in the future if Andy’s kid was enrolled into the daycare.[/spoil]

Of course, the actual ending was perfect. [spoil]I totally forgot about Bonnie, and when the toys had their final playtime and farewell with Andy, it tore me up so bad. But as I said, it’s perfect. The whole ‘circle of life’ comes, well
 full circle. And Woody, like Marlin and Carl from FN and UP, comes to terms with letting the one he loves go.[/spoil] :slight_smile:

I thought what pretty much everyone else thought which was [spoil]Andy giving the toys to his own kids one day.[/spoil], but as the movie went on I realized that the toys [spoil]want to be loved and played with by a child more than anything in the world(well I knew that anyway, but I was reminded of that fact), and if they don’t have that in their lives they will get depressed and stressed out.[/spoil]

So, I was happy that Andy [spoil] gave the toys to Bonnie since the toys will now have the love and attention that they want and deserve.[/spoil] and when it’s all said and done [spoil] Bonnie’s mom could donate the toys to Sunnyside since she works there, and the daycare is not run by Lotso anymore. So when that sad time pops up again, the toys might be somewhat at ease cause they’ll most likely be at Sunnyside, and if not then still with Bonnie.[/spoil]

It wouldn’t surprise me if they ever decided to make another Toy Story, because of the way it ended, but at the same time
 it doesn’t need an ending. The ending is a perfect ending for the toys. :smiley:

At some point before I saw the movie, I read the spoiler that [spoil]the toys ended up with “Bonnie.” (I didn’t know anything else about her character other than her name, but at some point I found out or figured out that she was the owner of Mr. P etc., and I’ll admit that my thought was, “Oh, good, then Rex and Trixie can be together!”)[/spoil] Before I read that spoiler, I think I may have thought that the punchline would be [spoil]that they would be stored at Andy’s house, then the final scene would be a flash-forward several years to Andy giving them to his own son.[/spoil]

One thing that I did not guess was [spoil]the incinerator scene. I’d heard that there was some serious peril in store for our heroes, but wow, I never expected that! I was glad I knew there was still a happy ending ahead![/spoil]

As for the future: [spoil]It occurred to me that, if Andy does get married after college and has a kid a few years down the road, the timing might be about right that Bonnie would then be a teenager, and might give the toys back to Andy for his kids. Honestly, I hope they don’t do a TS4; this one just ended so perfectly, and it’s ok to leave us there and let us imagine what happens next.[/spoil]

[spoil]I had a feeling they were going to end up with Bonnie the second I saw her sitting on the counter at Sunnyside.

The biggest surprise for me was that Lotso wasn’t redeemed. I thought for sure he was going to be![/spoil]