Toy Story 3 DVD/Blu-Ray

According to Jerrod Maruyama on his Twitter, Toy Story 3 is coming out on DVD/Blu-Ray on November 9, 2010 along with Finding Nemo on Blu-Ray!

Just found this out. I can’t wait to see the cover art and bonus features! I really hope there’s an animator’s commentary this time.

It’s funny, the new Call of Duty game comes out that day, and the Up Bluray came out the same day as another Call of Duty game last year. Looks like I’m gonna be the only person in the school not buying that on the 9th.

That release day is ten days before my birthday! :slight_smile:

@Bryko-you mean you’ll be the only person NOT in school that day :wink: jk.

My teachers must have hated me. Every time there was a new Pixar movie on DVD & it would be a school day, I’d not show up. lol

Nov 9 can’t come soon enough

LOL, now that you mention it, I was mysteriously absent the day the Up DVD came out. Probably will be again this year. :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome. not october awesome like I would prefer, but its nice to have dates for both. I wonder why Nemo got delayed before.

Cover art:
pixartalk.com/2010/08/rumor- … ember-2nd/

I don’t like it at all. It doesn’t fit with the covers of the first two and it feels like everything should be moved up and left a little.

read that article more closely

“The cover art above is not final (and very well could be fan created artwork). Stay tuned for the final details and cover art.”

Ewww… that art is disgusting, if just for lotso and stretch and an oddly placed ken. YUCK! :shake: Thank all that is good that its not final.

EDIT: I just noticed that mr. p is missing his left arm. I hope that means this is fake. :smiley:

I will so be asking for this for Christmas!

That’d be really cool if the cover art was fan made.

It’s probably final. The characters are in new poses which would be really difficult to do (and who would even bother?)

im glad that they are doing the dvd + blu ray packs now…much more convenient. im hoping they will do it when the box set comes out (if a box set does come out, which is likely) then i don’t have to buy it again when i get a blu ray player :smiley:

I just love how it already says “#1 Animated Film of the Year”, as if to say: “Yah, you and I both know that we essentially already won!” It should say “#1 Animated Movie of All Time” if they’re going to be cocky like that. :laughing:

I kinda like the cover art. It’s a great group shot, however, my only suggestion is fixing Mrs. P’s arm, reducing the glow from the box, and adding some more toy scenery on the floor to add to the daycare look (mainly on the left side).

Hooray! A release date! I’ll be sure to be checking amazon in a few months for pre-ordering.
EDIT: Why is Stretch on the cover? She wasn’t really a big character at all!

I’m not gonna hold my breath. If it’s final, I really don’t like the odd placement of Lotso and Stretch. Have Lotso in his holding out hand pose like in all the ads and his character poster. I’d prefer the final movie poster, with them all jammed into a bunch like in a toy box.

That poster was a cluttered mess, sometimes less is more. This is especially true for dvd/blu ray sized cases. They need to stand out from across the room, not blend in.

And exactly one month before mine. I would end up getting it before anyway.

I have to say, I’m not really keen on that cover. I agree with what you guys are saying, it looks a bit off-centre, and the inclusion of Stretch is a little strange.

it should’ve had #1 film of the year! bcuz it is the highest grossing domestic film of 2010. :smiley: