Toy Story Replicas Take 2

Due to the clutter and the fact that Tyler is no longer able to update the front page, I’ve made a continuation of the previous Toy Story Replicas thread (deleted).

For those not familiar, this thread documents replicas of Toy Story “props” (mainly toys) that DON’T belong to Thinkway’s Toy Story Collection (seperate thread here).

LIST:

Magic 8-Ball by Mattel (80’s version)

Rock-a-Stack by Fisher Price
Note: The 1980-1989 model was used in Toy Story and Tin Toy, however, the one from Toy Story 2 is a model from 1991 - 1999.

Corn Popper by Fisher Price (1993-1996)
Note: A slightly different new version is used in Toy Story 3 from 1996 and ongoing

Barrel of Monkeys by Milton Bradley (90’s)

Animal Lovin’ Ken by Mattel (1986)

Great Shape Barbie by Mattel (1983)

Etch A Sketch by Ohio Arts Company (80’s version)
Note: To my knowledge, there is no real life Etch A Sketch with the ‘Making Creativity Fun’ subtitle in real life.

Chatter Telephone by Fisher Price (1967 - 1985 model)

The Farmer Says See n’ Say by Mattel (1989 - ?)

The Farmer Says See n’ Say by Mattel (1964 - 1983?)

Toddle Tots Fire Truck by Little Tikes (1989)
Note: In all, there are four white firemen, and one black one. A firedog included with the set was never seen in the movie.

Sailor Tike

Musical Jolly Chimp by Daishin C-K (1966)

Baby monitor by Playskool

Hotwheels Super Stunt Set (1995), the Red Baron car is from 1993

Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots by Tyco/Marx (1966 - )

Mr. Mike by Plaskool (1996)

Tour Guide Barbie by Mattel (1999)

Hamm from the Disney Store (2010)

Mr. Pricklepants from the Disney Store (2010)

Dolly from the Disney Store (2010)

Twitch by Thinkway (2010)

Chunk by Thinkway (2010)

Sparks by Thinkway (2010)

Philco Predicta (1958 model)

Totoro by Ghibli (2008? - )

Sources:

• thisoldtoy.com (Fisher Price toy info and pics)
  • eBay, Google Image Search, and various forum members (pictures)

Well go ahead and update the first post then :stuck_out_tongue: Whats the point in making a new topic because tyler cant update the first post of the old one, if you aren’t going to put everything in the first post of this thread…

No, there’s a lot more to be added, such as the See N’ Says and Andy’s other toys. Just trying to find the pictures (film stills will be added in comparrison). Stay tuned.

hello

We might actually need to use this thread, because it seems the “Toy Story Replicas” thread has been deleted :`-( .

Ummm, yeah, Why is it gone all of the sudden?
Any explanation from the mods?

HI all,

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Dash and Pixar Planet is my site. I don’t get to interact with everyone like I once did but like Roz, I’m always watching.

A number of issues arose from the previous version of this thread and so I’ve had to pull it out. Typically, the mods and I simply cull the threads that have caused problems but given the sheer size of it I’m not sure I will be able to resurect this one. Having said that, I hope you will continue the discussion of the topic here as it clearly was popular.

I must however be clear about something that has posed a problem and that needs to be avoided. Pixar Planet is not a marketplace. Please do not use this site to buy or sell items as we cannot ensure the security (or validity) of those transactions. And remember, any online transaction you do anywhere on the Internet, you do so at your own risk.

Please let this end the discussion of such things and the old thread. I have the old thread in my personal archives so if you desperately need something from it then let me know privately (PMs are fine) and I will do my best to accomodate.

I hope this is satisfactory. I strive to provide the bes I can for my members while respecting the privacy of all. If you have concerns, please feel free to contact me and only me privately and I will address them as best I can.

Thank you all for your help and support!

Happy Posting!
Dash

Thought this would come into play sometime. I’ll get to work updating the list. If I forget something, just say.

What the heck man…why would it have been so hard to delete the posts in question? If there even was any? I frequent this thread regularly, so unless something happened in the past 10 hours that I missed, I didn’t see any selling/trading going on that would prompt the thread’s deletion.

I need an explanation from the mods as to why the 1st thread was deleted. :frowning:

i was surprised when it was deleted

If we take note of the appropriate warnings, would it be possible to permit “buying/selling/trades” in the future?

Speaking as a non-US fan, there are a number of items which are incredibly difficult to locate, notably Disney Store Hamm. If a Pixar Planet forum member was willing to sell or trade their Toy Story replicas and another forum member wanted to buy or trade for those Toy Story replicas, then surely that could be permitted. This seems like a pretty good community and provided everyone exercises reasonable caution, then I would hope there wouldn’t be any issues.

All just my personal opinion of course.

Kyle - I will make an effort to restore the previous thread once it’s cleaned out but it’s so big it will take a while.

TTHtv - Read my post; I just explained it to you. =P

Agent 86 - No. Not on the site. What you do via email, facebook, MySpace, etc is your own business but this site is not for that.

Thanks!

Since, We’re using this thread for now I’ve got some info.

The Big One Label

Medicom Rocky Gibraltar Japan Only.

WHERE is the VAST INFORMATION from the previous thread???
It is NOT a matter of reposting the pictures.
What about the info. that was given???

This is a NIGHTMARE!!!
Deleting the previous replica thread was UNNECESARY at this point.
Only hatred towards Tyler and a desire for vengance would motivate such actions.

Dont get me wrong. I hate Tyler too, and I knew he was fishy since day one.
I never purchased anything from him. I could tell he was scum.
Anyway, it was vicious to delete the previous thread.
It was a diservice to our community.

What a terrible lose. Pixar Planet has lost 80% of its most valuable info regarding Toy Story.
The Replica thread was the only thread you could revisit years and years after the end of the collection toy line.

Hi Gingymann

Did you not read either of my posts???

The thread is not deleted, merely hidden until I have time cull through its vastness. I’m only human and it will take a while, probably a couple of days. I apologize for the inconvenience but please bear with me until then.

Thanks,
Dash

You still haven’t fully answered us though. What is there to “cull through” as your saying? Tyler’s sale discussions here have long ended, there was none of that going on at this point. Short of completely erasing his fingerprint I cant imagine what your trying to accomplish here.

Snake&Robot, where did you get that label? It looks exactly like the one in the movie!!

Hi, Dash! I know you don’t know me, but I’ve always wanted to meet you! :smiley:

I made it in Photoshop.

Ah, okay. Well it’s awesome. :smiley: