Zurg in TS3

So at the end of TS3, it’s revealed that [spoil]Zurg finds a new home at Sunnyside. What do you think the outcome of that will be? He’s very tyrannical, so could he perhaps be the new Lotso?[/spoil] Thoughts?

[spoil]In other scenes in the end credits, things were fine at Sunnyside after Zurg arrived. Zurg doesn’t know that he is a toy. I think that other toys at Sunnyside don’t want to go back to the way was before[/spoil]

Every “toy” seems to have a unique personality, irrespective of the personality of the entertainment “character” that they are based on.

Just because Zurg in TS2 was “evil” (at least initially), it doesn’t mean that all Zurg action figures are “evil”. There could be Zurgs that love the opera. Zurgs that love finger painting. And Zurgs which seek to dominate every other toy in the toy box.

And I’m sure that with Barbie as his “muscle” (as well as personal stylist), Ken would have been more than capable of taking care of any attempts to ruin the cool and groovy atmosphere of Sunnyside following Lotso’s departure.

I agree with most of that, except I think the Buzz Lightyear line all think the same to begin with (thinking they’re either space rangers or evil emperors). However, the Zurg that came to Sunnyside probably doesn’t know he’s a toy, but he’s been played with, and possibly isn’t evil. It’s hard to say where he’ll fit in, but him dancing was a good sign.

i think i read from lee unkrich’s offspring (please correct me if im wrong) that [spoil]the zurg in the credit in ts3 is not the same zurg as in ts2[/spoil]

I think this Zurg knows he’s a toy now. After being subjected to being crammed into a box, he should realize he’s not the almighty Dark Emperor guy.

Along with Barbie to prevent a rebellion at Sunnyside, Ken still has Big Baby. Even though he’s happy being a baby for Ken and Barbie, I’m pretty sure Big Baby wouldn’t tolerate violence against his new parents anyway.

The fact Zurg enjoyed himself during the dance seems to look good. He surely is happy at Sunnyside.

I think any toy would enjoy being in post-Lotso Sunnyside, even Zurg!

He’s evil, but he’s easily overthrown apparently…or really, after Buzz, Ken could just do a “Welcome to Anti-Starcommand Headquarters Zurg! nudge nudge wink wink

I guess Zurg could be capable of damage once his ion blaster is turned all the way up. And yes, the Zurg at Sunnyside isn’t the same as the one is Toy Story 2.

LMFAO
it’s formspring!

I thought the point of the whole Zurg joke was that he was misunderstood and just wanted to play with Buzz. I guess I’m just dumb…

lol, no no, he read it on Lee’s kids. I think he wrote the answer on their shirts or something.

I doubt he’d take over Sunnyside, seeing as at the end of Toy Story 2 he reforms from being an evil supervillian to a good father. However, it might be a different Zurg, so it’s hard for me to say. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder what happened to the Zurg from Toy Story 2 anyway. However I think we can assume this TS3 Zurg is aware he is a toy.

They should make a short on the fake Buzz and Zurg, It’s never clear whats become of them like Scud, Prospecter, Al, Andys given away toys.

I’m afraid Scud would be REALLY old by TS3, but the belt Buzz and his father were still in the real world the last we saw them. I’d imagine they were picked up by a kid, but it would be hilarious if they were still living outdoors, thinking they were on a mission. I can imagine that someone’s batteries running out would be really dramatic.

Also don’t forget the mutants.