Chuckles

Mods, if a topic like this already exists or belongs somewhere else, feel free to lock it up.

I’ve been wondering, do any of you think that it is strange Chuckles has been in no merchandise and his character has been pretty secret? I thought it was weird that he wasn’t one of the characters that would be revealed back in February. I would have expected at least a buddy pack figure or a plush toy or something by now. Does anyone know if mattel/thinkway/some other company is planning on making Chuckles merchandise any time soon?

I know there’s a Buddy Pack figure coming out soon.

They’re probably not making much because he is the least “active” character in the movie. He doesn’t walk or have any actions, so they probably think kids won’t care about him (which is false).

i care…

Buddy Pack Chuckles the Clown has shown up on Ebay from a seller in China, so it appears he is coming.

I would have liked to have seen a plush Chuckles, but apart from the Disney Store exclusives it doesn’t appear that anyone is interested in making plush replicas of Bonnie’s toys (with the exception of Trixie who should obviously be plastic).

I must admit that when he first appeared on screen (in the kitchen), I thought Chuckles was some kind of ceramic clown or something (to explain why he was up on the window ledge). But it seems pretty clear from the fact he belonged to Daisy and Bonnie’s later play-time with Chuckles that he was plush and I’d still like to see a plush version eventually.

I don’t know, but it makes the shot of him for the first time hilarious, all six times I’ve seen it the first shot from the front made everyone laugh, and it was even a surprise from most of us Toy Story fanatics too

What ever the reason, it really worked for his character, as all I knew before was that Chuckles was a clown toy. And he actually was a deep character, and with so little information, you could really get your own perspective. Anyways, I think it was simply the toy companies’ decision, because Lee actually encourage Chuckles merchandise. After the home video release, I’d actually appreciate more Chuckles.

Even though he doesn’t have any screen time, he is still one of the most important characters in the movie. Anyway, yeah it is a bit odd that no pictures were really realeased of him. That made him all more suprising!

Is there a link to this? I would love to see what the toy looks like.

cgi.ebay.com/Disney-TOY-STORY-3- … 563f41c500

He looks a little off, but I’d certainly buy it.

It looks close enough for me!! He just needs to be soft, and more dirt…I could fix the dirt problem :smiling_imp:

I think that no images were released of him prior to the film so as to keep him a surprise.

In doing so they also kept Lotso’s backstory a surprise, which allowed Pixar to really hit our emotions at the nerve.

As well, I think not revealing Chuckles (or at least the fact that he lived with Bonnie) prevented us from suspecting that Woody and the gang would end up living with Bonnie.

I don’t recognize this character, is he from Toy Story 3? :confused:

Yes.

Oh my gosh! He looks great!! Pretty detailed for a Buddy pack figure too :smiley:

Well, at the very least, here’s a Chuckles shirt.

zazzle.com/toy_story_3_chuck … 6413147638

For a person who HATES clowns with a passion, I, personaly, am glad there is hardly no merch…but at least there is a little something for the ones who could tollerate him.