Toy Story Collection: Inaccuracies + Prototypes!

Post any inaccuracies that aren’t here.

Woody- No close-mouthed smile, Pullstring is shorter, and mechanism is electronic, voice is slightly different, Pullstring does not have the “waterhole” or “posse” phrase.
Buzz- Has no karate chop action, helmet doesn’t flip down all the way, the laser doesn’t have a “stun” mode, expression is slightly off, shoulder articulation is locked, wings are too thick, missing multiple phrases
R.C.-No turbo mode
Mr. Potato Head- non-removable feet, long legs, conjoined eyes, lots of screws and no back compartment due to batteries.
Rex- Jaw is not moveable
Jessie- Hair isn’t styled like in the movie, it is too short and thick, pullstring mechanism is different, voice is different
Aliens- Don’t squeak, different poses
Bucket ‘O’ Soldiers- Both have only 72 soldiers but the one in the movie has 200

Someone else made the inaccuracies list. It’s right from my wiki. All I see is the IP Adress 74.95.90.61. Robot&Snake helped too it says from the revision history.

Yeah, I helped on that a little too (don’t remember if I was signed in). I may as well post some of the more nitpicky things on here.

• Woody’s hands aren’t in the correct pose
  • The gem on Woody’s holster is supposed to be a real gem, not just painted
  • Badge isn’t metallic (thus, too thick as well)
  • This belt and spurs should be light orange
  • Jessie’s shirt never appeared to be satin in the movies. It’s also odd that her chaps are a different material than Woody’s vest (which is the right material).
  • The soldiers appear to be the wrong material, but it just might be that it didn’t translate off screen too well

For those wondering, all of Buzz’s phrases are on Toy Story: Animated Storybook, however, Tim Allen is not doing the voice (I believe there’s about 24 phrases in all). I guess this isn’t that big of a deal, since Thinkway would’ve never guessed to look there to get Buzz’s phrases.

I posted the Bucket ‘O’ Soldiers one & the one about Woody not having all of his phrases.

i had make a thread about buzz inaccuracies at pixarplanet.com/forums/viewt … highlight=

artsboi, what you mean with woody’s mechanism is electronic?

Vintage pull-string dolls had a gramophone mechanism to make him talk, and this was given motion by manually pulling his string. It’s kinda hard to explain however, this was made so that no batteries were needed. I guess it’s sorta like Sparks’s sparking feature, where they phased the feature out in the late 70’s - early 80’s. Even the 90’s Woody’s use a new electronic mechanism.

I was the one who made the inaccuracies list, my name on that wiki is Andysroom1104. :slight_smile:

And I think all the inaccuracies were mentioned, but one I could mention is I think Lotso’s muzzle is a bit off (but that could just be nitpicky) :wink:

Well it’s finally great to meet you here. Thanks for the contributions. Anyone else that has, you get a huge thank you.

Great to meet you too! Thanks for the inaccuracies list. That was a huge help on the TSC page.

I’m sorry for a double post but I have more to add to Woody’s list
-His upper arm(s) cannot go up because of the way his arms are sewed on.
-His head and neck aren’t ragdolled like in the movie, I believe the speaker part is holding his head.
-The whole ANDY not being on the boot is obviously not inaccurate. I wish some more people realized that. It’s supposed to your toy. Anywho.

I don’t know that all those phrases would be considered completely official, but they might just have not had enough memory or whatever to fit those in, I mean he makes a ton of noise counting all his mechanisms and the things he says in interactive mode, not to mention a microphone.

But the other innacuracies would be:
Buzz’s battery compartment is different inside,
Buzz lacks Spanish mode (although I REALLY would never expect it)

Speaking of Spanish Buzz, I believe the Disney Store in the UK has a Buzz Lightyear that speaks English and Spanish, but it’s not a TSC version. Plus, the TSC Buzz was made before TS3 came out.

If you don’t mind, I’m gonna go a bit more in-depth with this.
Older pull-string figures had the gramophone type thing like Dinoco said. I believe Mattel used small records. Anyhow, why the pull-string comes back in slow is because the phrases are timed into the pull-string being pulled out. The phrases for some dolls were roughly 4-6 seconds. Why they don’t do it anymore, I don’t know. Wait, I believe it’s because pull-string dolls are out of style and modern toys with buttons replaced them. It shouldn’t be hard to replicate. It’s been like this for all Woody dolls with pull-strings we’ve gotten in the past 15 years. It’s really bugged me ever since I’ve had a Woody with a pull-string.

To make a perfect Woody, obtaining an accurate pull-string player would be easy, as they were very common (before batteries replaced them, due to higher quality sound). You’d have to put his phrases on like a 1" vinyl. You might have to mess with the speeds, since most played too fast if you just let go of the string.

And I’m pretty sure that the Toy Story ASB phrases would be accurate, since Pixar was inj charge, and decided which ones to use. They also feature every quote from the movie as well. The sound effects for when Buzz is being hit aren’t really phrases or anything, mainly just random electronic noises to add comical effect.

Woody: “I’d like to join your posse boys, but first I’m gonna sing a little song.” Isn’t present. Pull string isn’ the size (presumably).
I don’t have the tsc, but I can say some innacuricies. Like the pull string, some guy on toy story replicas talked about it and how it wasn’t the size as it was in moments like when woody nearly hits the ground but his string is caught on a tree.
EDIT: Whoops, I didn’t know these were on the first page. Soz.
EDIT EDIT: Does Woody’s head spin?

[spoiler]Can Buzz put his hand over his face like how Andy puts it in the beginning of TS3?
Is Rex’s tail removable?
Is Buzz’s battery compartment like the one in the movie?
Mr. Potato Head’s arms may of been bendy in the movie like some guy on the TS replicas topic sort of said.
Mr Potato Head’s mouth is different.
Mr. Potato Head didn’t have a different mouth, but an extra pair of shoes which could be seen where he drops his accessories in TS2 (the poops his pants adult joke).

It really bothers me that they made Jessie’s the right size and Woody just has a huge ring for his pull-string. Why they did that, I have no clue. It’d be nicer for him to have a regular sized one like originals did.

Well, they changed that because of choking hazards back in 1995, however, why Jessie has a smaller ring is a mystery.

No I meant the lenght of the ring string (although do list that ring thing).

Oh, well that’s just function-related. Since the length of the string doesn’t matter for an electronic pull-string mechanism, they just made it the most convenient length.

Lotso’s face is different.

Actually, I do wanna bring something interesting up about their digital data. It’s not the exact models from the movies. Pixar modeled the faces they wanted on the toys. I’m not sure about other specs. So Thinkway used toy data and not the official data.

No, it is the official data. The data supplied was just not the characters in toy mode, if that’s what you mean.