Andy's Father?

I’m totally sorry if there’s a topic on this already.

I’m just curious because I personally don’t know, but what do you think happened to Andy’s father?

He was never mentioned in the movies so there isn’t anything to be curious about.

That just makes it something to be curious about, no? It’s a bit weird that even in the graduation photo, he wasn’t there. For Andy’s birthday in the first one, he wasn’t there.

So I’m thinking he either left his mom at a really early age or he died.

The only reason Andy does not have a father is because they didn’t want to animate another human. If he wasn’t mentioned or seen in the first, there isn’t a need to mention him in the sequels. Remember it’s called Toy Story, not Andy’s Story.

Okay, Mister Serious, it’s called an imagination. I don’t know why you have this attitude with me when I was only asking a question.

It’s obvious that Pixar didn’t want to animate another human, but it is something to think about.

An attitute? I’m simply stating the obvious reasons of Andy’s father not being shown.

Don’t worry about it, I edited the first post to avoid further confusion.

I remember reading somewhere that andys mom was a widow

aww! :cry:

Dont worry, im pretty sure thats not true, besides aparently andys mom doesnt work but she has enoguh money to buy a new house and buy expensive toys (Buzz lightyear is not cheap you know)

Maybe his father just travels a lot?or he was there the whole time but we just dindt see him?

It is a bit of a hole in the plot. :frowning: Not the main plot, but…I don’t even know what I’m trying to say. :laughing: Maybe you understand! 8D

Yes I do, it has nothing to do with the plot but its still a plothole.

I just asked a friend of mine on the messenger about this and he said that andys father was one of the soldiers triying to attack the omnidroid…dude not funny :frowning:

That’s a cruel joke. :frowning:

Agreed.

Hey nice collection in your sig! :smiley:

Thanks, I’ve been working on it for a while.

He’s a Disney character. As a rule he can’t have two parents :laughing:

instantrimshot.com/
Please press that big red button!

that page was blocked for security reasons

:open_mouth: Then don’t click it never mind.

Basically, you know that drum sound that happens when someone makes a joke? It was that.