Toy Story 3 Tops "Top 10 Films of 2010" List

So IndyMogul just released their Top 10 Highest Grosing movies of this year, and (not to give it away… well sorta) Toy Story 3 topped the charts with $415 Million in the US, as well as the All time worldwide #5 slot, just above “Alice in Wonderland”. It also was voted a Fan Favorite movie of 2010 as well. Here’s the link

youtube.com/watch?v=rehpVFdhTMM&feature=sub

Cool. Kind of predictable, though. It’d be nice if everyone would give other good animated films a chance…

True, but in IndyMogul’s list they went by US box office gross… But it’s good to see Dreamwork’s Dragons, and Universal’s Despicable Me make the list as well.

[quote=“OneEyedBart95”]

True, but in IndyMogul’s list they went by US box office gross…

[quote]

Oh, okay. Sorry; I misunderstood. :laughing:

Good for Toy Story! They deserve it.

Well, not exactly. The video is the US box office gross, at the end they mention their “Fan Favorites” list, which is by audience votes, not money. It may have not come across as clear in my OP, but just wanted to clarify. But you have an excellent point, Pixar gets some well-deserved acclaim, but it’s still nice to see some other animations get some praise too. Dragons was great, and I love Despicable Me. It was a great start for Universal into the realm of animation. So it was nice to see them make the list too.

Agree completely. I definitely believe more than anyone that PIXAR deserves what they get–it’s just that everyone deserves some recognition for their accomplishments.

Ya darn tootin! :wink:

Just a quick update, they just posted the “Audience Votes” top ten list over at IndyMogul. Yes, there are 15 on the list, not just 10. I won’t give it away this time, so check it out to see where TS3 ranked.

youtube.com/watch?v=CFqz4SJDQLw&feature=sub

Wow! I like this list, even Kick-Ass made it! And Toy Story 3 did a good job with audiences by making it to the spot it did.

True. I was really happy to see some smaller flicks like Kick-Ass and Scott Pilgrim to make the list, especially since i’m really partial to both of them. One thing is, I was shocked to see that Despicable Me didn’t even make the list at all, especially since it’s still got a lot of buzz going for it, ad it’s even been on DVD a few weeks now. Still nice to see that some actual well-made films got top numbers in an “Audience Picks” list.

I am a bit suprised that Despicable Me didn’t make it, but you know what’s even more suprising? That the new Twilight movie wasn’t on there, especially since this is all audienced picked!

There’s a good catch too! And it’s really nice to see it not even make the list, when it’s ussually winning “Best movie of the year” at peoples choice things… I’d take just about any movie on that list, than any of the twilight movies. I thought It was my mind blanking it out, but it really didn’t. Guess things are making a turn for the better.

Toy Story 3 is #1 on Quentin Tarantino’s Top 10 List too! :smiley: Even Tangled made it to #5. Proving once again that QT is one of the most awesome guys who ever lived.

Sweetness, he has good taste!