The Definitive Toy Story Replica List

So we’ve got a couple Toy Story Replica threads but none of them have a definitive list of all the characters and the most accurate versions of them. I’m doing just that. Any major inaccuracies are noted in parenthesis. If a character has a toy but it’s not even close to accurate to the movie, I won’t list it. Feel free to contribute or correct this list :smiley:

Main gang
Woody - Toy Story Collection
Buzz - Toy Story Collection
Jessie - Toy Story Collection, Mattel version (European only)
Bullseye - Toy Story Collection
Rex - Toy Story Collection (unarticulated jaw)
Mr. Potato Head - Toy Story Collection (attached eyes, legs)
Aliens - Toy Story Collection (don’t squeak)
Mrs. Potato Head - Playskool, Toy Story-branded (attached eyes, attached feet)
Hamm - Disney Store
Slinky - Poof-Slinky, Toy Story-branded (string in head, non-leather ears)
Barbie - actual toy (1983 Great Shape Barbie), Mattel TS3-branded version

Andy’s Other Toys
Bo Peep - 1995 Thinkway (very hard to find), Disney on Ice (too pale)
Bo Peep’s sheep - 1995 Thinkway (very hard to find)
RC - Toy Story Collection
Bucket O’ Soldiers - Toy Story Collection (bucket is too small, and there should be 200 soldiers)
Wheezy - Toy Story 2 version (impossible to find)
Lenny - Disney on Ice (slightly too big, no wind-up feature), Toy Story Infinity and Beyond (slightly too small)
Etch a Sketch - actual toy
Little Tikes - actual toy
See n’ Say - actual toy, 1989 version
Troll - actual sculpt, clothes have to be made
Barrel of Monkeys - actual toy (yellow barrel is hard to find, may have to paint other color)
Mr. Mike - Toy Story version (impossible to find)
Rocky - Medicom version (impossible to find), Weight Lifting Rocky by Mattel (too small)
Shark - thebigzoo.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=12000
Mr. Spell - none
Robot - none
Snake - none
Troikas - none (unless you count Slink’s version :stuck_out_tongue: )
Hockey Puck - none
Roly Poly Clown - none

Al / Al’s Toy Barn
Prospector - Pixar Store version (impossible to find)
Zurg - many, but none completely accurate or easily obtainable
Utility Belt Buzz - Toy Story Collection
Tour Guide Barbie - Toy Story 2 version
Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots - actual toy

Sunnyside Toys
Lotso - Toy Story Collection
Big Baby - none, but based on a generic baby toy
Ken - actual toy (1988 Animal Lovin’ Ken), Mattel TS3-branded “Made for Each Other” Gift Set
Chunk - Thinkway version
Twitch - Thinkway version (missing staff)
Sparks - Thinkway version (not metal, doesn’t actual spark, doesn’t extend when arm is pulled)
Stretch - Mattel version (undersized, wrong materials)
Chatter Telephone - actual toy
Bookworm - none
Jolly Chimp - actual toy, 1960’s

Bonnie’s Toys
Trixie- none
Buttercup - Toy Story Collection
Mr. Pricklepants - Toy Story Collection
Dolly - Toy Story Collection
Peas-in-a-Pod - Japanese version (hard to find), Disney Store Plush
Chuckles - none
Totoro - toysnjoys.com/totoro.html

Props (Inanimate Toys)
Magic 8-Ball - actual toy (smaller, 80’s version by Mattel)
Rock-A-Stack - actual toy
Baby Moniter - actual toy by Playskool
Hotwheels Track - Mattel, TS-branded
Luxo Ball - Disney Store version.
Corn Popper - actual toy
TS3 See n’ Say - actual toy, 1964 Farmer version

I think Mattel’s Jessie looks more like the movies than TSC Jessie. She’s too fat and tubular, and Mattel has a better head mold.

not sure if we need another thread on this but I guess it is up to the mods to make that decision. But seeing that list only makes me realize I am far from ever coming close to a movie accurate collection of all the toys

Some things need refining. for example, there are many different sizes and variations of the etch a stetch, and even the see and say and barrel of monkeys. we need to pin point the exact years, sizes, etc when just saying “the actual toy” just doesn’t cut it. Even the Magic 8 ball has other versions. The most common ones are larger than the ones in toy story, it needs to be one from the 80s which is smaller.

Normally I would say this is something for Tyler’s thread, but since he’s not here to update t the first post anymore, we either need a mod to edit that one, or a new easy to find place with everything organized nicely.

What would also be nice is if we could link to where to buy each item. for as many as possible at least.

Also, I don’t think its true that an accurate yellow barrel doesn’t exist. Their harder to find, but they exist. I’m almost positive.

I’ve had some real issues finding a yellow monkey barrel. I have the red monkeys, but not the barrell.

I agree with this. But are you sure the Magic 8 Ball out right now isn’t exactly in scale?

Also, NachozRule here is the link to the site where you can order Totoro: toysnjoys.com/totoro.html

^ Which is the accurate one on there that many members of this forum have?

And I know, it needs refining, I’ll start getting some years for those listed as “actual toy”.

With the exception of the Toy Story Collection toys, the same thread has basically been made.

I believe it is this one…

jbox.com/product/FY372

Wait, is the second one on the first link you sent me also accurate?

Actually, it does look pretty accurate but I think it’s a bit too small, but I am not sure…

Big Baby is based on American Girl’s Bitty Baby doll. Search on AGPlaythings board agplaythings.proboards.com

You can see it in the special features section of the TS3 DVD. -Omar

Anybody know the most accurate hotwheels track from TS1 + 2? I know it’s been mentioned before, but I’m not surfing through 200 pages in the Replicas forum.

I think awhile ago we said the Toy Story one was pretty accurate.

Oh yeah. And what about the Luxo Ball?

You should probably just get a regular ball and find some way to paint it. I doubt you’ll find the luxo ball.

NachozRule, the only Luxo ball made is the one in this link: cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-PIXAR-TOY-ST … 0559678692, but it is made out of an inaccurate material and is too small.

I brought Buttercup for £20 and now Disney Store are selling them for £7 >{

Buttercup needs those plastic eyes instead of the sewn on ones. I don’t know why Disney Store just didn’t do that anyway.
I’m making my own Wheezy with Oven Heating Clay problem is he won’t have a sqeaker so he won’t be exactly the same.
Might make the Hockey Puck aswell with clay.

I hope they realise a proper Trixie like Rex’s material. That would be good. It’s a good possibility for a Mrs Potato Head like the Thinkway
Mr Potato Head.

I will honestly be shocked if Hasbro and Thinkway does not make a Mrs. P. Hasbro is a total sucker for re-using/re-painting figures and other toys, so I would be very surprised if they didn’t go ahead with it, especially since a good part of the work is done for them already.

^ They’ve made Rex, Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Mr Potato Head, RC, and more so surely they can make Mrs Potato Head, I think everyone wants it in their collection, well I do anway.