Andys Age

Im kinda confused oen Andys age here,

In the first Toy Story, it is somwtime in augest and Andy has just turned 6, In Toy Story 2, it is also in augest and he is about to turn 8 or 9, in Toy Story 3, he is 17 and once again it’a in augest. How late is his birthdau is augest since he should be almost 18. If he just turned 17, he would of graduated at 16, which is really unlieky unless you start school at age 4.

I don’t think even the brain trust knows. They have loose ideas but the math will never add up.

In my head, I like to think that TS was set in 1999, even tough that would never happen. But that way the years and age confuses me less. But like Kyle said, it’ll never be right. So we just have to ignore. :stuck_out_tongue:

His age has been pretty constant, but Pixar made a couple mistakes when making the years the movies were set in. You’re pretty much right about the ages, anyways, since that’s all the official input we’ve got.

It would almost make sense that Andy started school early, knowing Mr. Potato Head’s line about Woody being Andy’s favorite since kindergarten would’ve only been at most a year ago.

Personal Belief: Andy is turning 7 or 8 in TS1. He is 10 in TS2 which takes place in 1999. He is 17 in TS3 which takes place in 2006 (The year they started production on 3 I believe).

pretty good theory, however I am interesting to know the connections between other films like Up,

go to the link to discuss if you want

pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7859

^ Your basically saying “nevermind the topic your reading right now, look at mine look at mine!”. Kinda rude, no? We can see your thread just fine. If someone wants to respond they will.

I like to think he was born in 1992, which makes him graduate in 2010. The same year as me! And Toy Story 3 came out that year. We’ll never know for sure, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

That’s always what I thought. It’s the most logical explanation, anyways.

Not only that, it’s just really cool. I’m in a group on facebook called “Class of 2010 is the best because we graduated with Andy from Toy Story”

So. True.

Yeah! Go Sen10rs!

:laughing: Almost makes me wish I was in college, not 10th grade. :cry:

you are the one who is acting rude, it is up to you to read whatever you want, You by YOURSELF are making annoying and dumb theories, I can think by myself, Just leave me in peace please and write wherever you want with respect.

I don’t personally think Kyle was being rude right then. When posting on a topic, you’re only supposed to refer to another thread if it’s about the same thing, to close one.

Woo hoo for all of us who were born in 1992! But then we were 3 when the movie came out and that also won’t make sense.

Honestly, it doesn’t really matter. There are some sequels that take years to make and the actual story line is sometimes only a couple of months after the events occurred in the first movie.

Just let it be. Pixar is it’s own world It probably wasn’t even 2010 in the movie. Remember that there was gonna be another version of TS3 (sure Pixar wasn’t included) but Andy still woulda been a kid! He’s 17, almost 18…and that’s that.

I was born 1991 and graduated in 2010, I started late.

Well, the original was supposed to take place in 1995 or earlier. Yet, there’s evidence that it’s 2010 in Andy’s room from a ticket stub. Pixar just disregarded time a little bit to make Toy Story 3 a bit more current.

Found this.

It’s a pretty cool sketch, but I wouldn’t take anything to heart. It’s just a reference for the artists to deduct how Andy looks.

Yes. and even they put question marks next to the ages. Even they don’t know.