Live Action Toy Story Project

Hi all!
Last summer I was way too excited about Toy Story and in the middle of all the kayos, my friend and I started a BIG project: Remaking the original Toy Story shot-for-shot with real toys and people. Yes, the entire movie. That was in July. Now, the guest room in my house still looks just like Andy’s room and we film almost every weekend. I’m a high school senior and a Video Production student, but that doesn’t mean I have a ton of free time. Anyways, we have almost every scene in Andy’s room filmed and are going smoothly, but very very slowly. This is where you can come in and be a part of history. If you have some artistic talent, mutant toys, obscure props, or even just support, then we can use your help. This movie is going to be finished in August, whether it is done or not, because I am leaving for college. Long story short, anything to help would be great. maybe someone out there has a Pizza Planet Truck to loan us, I don’t know. Basically, we need everything from the movie that isn’t already in Andy’s room. That includes everything from custom posters like “killin’ Paul bunyon” to a claw machine. If you have questions about the production or how you could help, then ask. This is the first real time I have let the word out about this and I’ve been working on it for a half a year, so don’t tell me things I already know, like it’s way too hard and you’ll never finish. Just let me know your thoughts, but most importantly, tell me what you can do to help!

I feel like I need to give myself some credibility. Pretty much my only hobby is making video. I have been making videos since I was six and don’t worry, we spent lots of time making sure everything is as close as possible to the real movie. We don’t want to change the movie, just see if we can make it over again in real life. So ask me what ever you want to make sure we are doing it the best we can.

Can we see the room? somehow I doubt it looks “exactly” like it. I’d be impressed if even the windows/doors are in the same places.

I doubt there’s much I can do to help, seeing as I have no artistic abilities whatsoever. I would love to help, but I don’t know how. I can’t wait to see the finished product though! I’ve actually been thinking about making a live action Danny Phantom movie, but I have no idea how I’m gonna do that, so I might have to wait a couple of years.

I can’t even begin how much of an undertaking this is, but you seem confident about it. Now, will the toy scenes be stop-motion or something? Anyways, I’ll see if I can do anything to help.

The toy scenes are mostly using them as puppets with strings and wires, but sometimes stop motion. Whatever would make the shot look best. We use the audio from the movie for the toys and for the humans, it is their real voice. I’ll try to post pictures of the room later, but I would rather not show any video clips until the movie is finished, if that makes sence.

I understand. That moving van chase at the end should keep you busy, though.

This sounds exciting! Idk if I could really help, maybe I can do some effects onto what you film…if you think this is helpful: youtube.com/watch?v=ylAt8RRPcKI
That’s about the best I can do (effects wise)

I apologize for being a Doubting Thomas, but honestly, it sounds a bit – well I’m just suspicious by nature now, after being taken in the past.

I understand you don’t want to show clips until the movie’s done. Can we at least see some photos of the Andy’s Room set you built? -Omar

Same here. this is too ambitious of a project to not already have a blog or something detailing the process. Unless he can prove it Im going to have to call bs on this. Either he’s got nothing to show or is greatly exaggerating.

This sounds so cool! Good luck with it. I have nothing to contribute though, sorry! I mean, yeah, it’s a big undertaking, but it sounds like it would be amazing if it works. I say go for it.

Here are a few screen shots: no need to point out the differences from the movie, I know them all already. This is just to prove there is no “bs” (I’m not a pre-schooler, I can read). The thing is, I spend more time working on the movie than taking pictures of it. :smiley:

… and what did I do wrong with the pictures?

Well it’s similar, I’ll give you that much. It’ll be interesting to see.

Heres your images, I’m guessing the capitalization was messing up the tags.

Nice pics. Very similar. I’m in awe of that ABC Roundup poster. -Omar

Wow, that looks so good!! How did you get Andy’s posters?

Wow, this is a lot better than I expected. I really hope you finish it. :smiley:

Tat would be so cool. The closest thing I have is a Buzz and Woody quilt I sleep with. 8D

Wow! I’m amazed by your attention to detail! You even have the giant Mickey clock and the books, very nice!

Its looking really great man.