Robot Chicken does Toy Story!

It just aired here on the east coast, a vid online will pop up soon enough I’m sure. And they re air it at 4:45 or something if anyone wants to set their DVRs or whatever.
Also some of it is definitely not kid friendly. I think they even used some toy story collection soldiers. I need to watch it again to really see what it was about. I got interrupted and wasn’t able to watch the entire sketch.

Edit: found it, albeit in crappy off screen quality. Will let you know if I find something better.
youtube.com/watch?v=rUkVxgOH0RE

I noticed they gave the TSC rex an articulated jaw. haha. can anyone tell what version their using of buzz and woody? the buzz looks like the cheap non TSC thinkway version, but I don’t recognize the woody one.

You know, I’m really not big on all these pop-culture oriented shows anymore. Robot Chicken is just another Family Guy to me (that show being the Robot Chicken of 2D animation). They’re the kind of shows that will mock anything for a joke just for the heck of it. I used to always think it was cool when The Simpsons did pop-culture cause of making actual references without making up the names for legal reasons like most of the other cartoons I’ve watched, but the reason theirs never annoyed me the way Family Guy does is because the show was first and foremost character-driven in it’s writing. My problem with pop-culture shows now is that they exist only for parody, when all I really want is to connect with the characters themselves. I’m not going to sit through a show that spoonfeeds us nothing but parodies of things I could watch myself. I also can’t stand the assaultive manner that they’re done in shows like this one, as if the writer’s agenda is to push their opinions on us while getting the show’s humor out of going “Hey, you all know what this is? Funny right?”.

As for the video, yeah it does look like those are the TSC toys, but I couldn’t care less about the video itself since they’re clearly being used just to degrade them to death. They’re good at stop-motion though, I’ll give them that much.

Looks like Woody is the Toy Story and Beyond Woody - of course modded with a clay head. Note at 0:17, Woody and Buzz are near the same height when standing side by side.

It could be the Thinkway Woody with a modded head- his fingers are fused closed. Hard to tell. -Omar

The animation in the beginning looked pretty good… but it all went downhill from there. I used to get a laugh out of that show, but this skit was pretty uncalled for.

And the Woody just looked like the non-TSC Woody.

Personally, I think the whole show is uncalled for. I’m probably among the very minority of people who can’t even see what purpose these type of shows really serve in media (or life for that matter), so I fail to comprehend what people even watch them for.

The show’s purpose is to be funny. They take known characters and put them in unexpected situations. I admit the sketches are hit or miss. and personally I prefer the ones without s e x and drugs (the Lego one in this same episode was a perfect example of this), but if nothing else the animation saves it. These animators and model makers are really good at what they do. Their attention to detail is amazing for how little screen time they get. they even got Andy’s headboard down. what little we see of it anyway. they could have just as easily gotten some generic bed. Also, the Tom Hanks impersonator sounds surprisingly good to me. even the rickles one is alright. Obviously they don’t even attempt to sound like some people, but that’s ok.

I think the people offended really by this take things a bit too seriously. This is coming from one of the most obsessed/frequent posters here. Their not crapping on Pixar’s legacy, its just nonsensical, if immature fun. nothing more. If Pixar/Disney did anything like this Then I would be offended. But Seth and his crew are just geeks like a lot of us.

I downloaded the full episode just now, and was going to upload the sketch, but now Im not so sure anyone will appreciate it. I can’t post it to youtube as Cartoon Network cracks down on anyone who uploads their content, and I can’t risk getting my account banned again. So it would be a site where not many would see it. Just you guys really.

Meh, I’m not a fan of Robot Chicken. I did like the One Flew Over the Cukoo’s Nest ending reference though.

I’ll have to watch this later. My mom banned me from watching Robot Chicken during the Summer. All I’m saying is, she walked in on the wrong sketch.

Stupid and predictable…I hate that show. Not to mention the scientist scares the crap out of me.

Although I do have to admit that Potato Head puking out of his eyes is pretty funny.

I loved it. I’m a big fan of Robot Chicken in general- sure some of it’s pretty bad and rather disgusting, but its all in jest. Yes, Seth et al are giant geeks like me (and a lot of us here)

Heck, it took me ten full minutes to realize just exactly what happened to poor Buzz. “My name is – poop!” lol

The Hamlet bit at the end was interesting. Loved the joke about “spring break” with Slinky at the beginning.

Right, the Tom Hanks impression was spot on. And I loved that they gave Potato Head two eyes (to puke from) rather than using a regular Hasbro Potato Head (single eye slot)

Trust me, this is far far better than some of the other TS Spoofs. There is a very very off color version called s e x toy story - I still have nightmares after watching that, and I’m almost 30.

Yes, the attention to detail is impressive- they got Andy’s western bedspread spot on, the chest of drawers and side table look great, as does the headboard/bed. -Omar

The more that I look at it, they did seem to have a respect for Toy Story when making this. And it could be worse (the MADtv skit that actionman81 mentioned above).

Besides, Robot Chicken can create some good skits without making fun of people. For instance:
youtube.com/watch?v=Usm9SpnH … re=related
milkandcookies.com/link/115842/detail/

Whimpers.

It cannot be unseen. God I hate that show. It’s horrible. Why does Pixar let them do this exactly?!

There’s no letting, parody is a protected art. Lighten up people. I’ll definitely check out the video when I get a chance, I appreciate Robot Chicken, it can be hit or miss of course, but really funny at times. And the way they make the show is obviously creative.

Well it’s funny you say that, because I don’t see borrowing other characters from pop-culture as creative anymore. Just a crutch for ideas to joke about.

Some of us are into it, and some of aren’t - and it’s all ok and cool.

Me, I loved Robot Chicken- I laugh my brown bum off at plenty of sketches - loved the giraffe one; as well as the She Ra one (during that time of month), the Jem sketches (Jem at a urinal, and Jem got fat). And the G.I.Joe ones - Inside the Terrordrome, etc. I mean they all poke fun at shows I love and grew up on, but I can laugh with it and at it without hating on the shows I loved. That’s an awesome one of He Man where the clone He Man (he was always blue) impersonates He Man and everyone loves him more than the real Prince Adam. It was awesome!

If you’re not into Robot Chicken, its ok. If you are, its ok. -Omar

I agree, I see nothing creative about the show at all. Ah well, I’m not really upset about this parody because I don’t watch Robot Chicken so it doesn’t really effect me.

I don’t see why soem of you guys are mad at it. Disney has done parodys. I like some of the sketches and hate some.

Im a big Calvin and Hobbes fan. The parodyed it. I think it’s kinda funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=NP6H3LUrd_M

Heres an Hannah Montana one thats funny. Never really liked her music.

youtube.com/watch?v=NG5N5pCWYkA

Zelda. Im a big Zelda fan. I liked it.

youtube.com/watch?v=PYZuIYjy … re=related

Six Flags.

youtube.com/watch?v=OHtBd6eU6tw

Robot Chicken: Snape’s Substitute
Youtube won’t let people embred the video.

This is not the only parody of toy story because around the time of the first TS There was a very Crude and Vulgar Toy story sketch on madtv… i can’t say the name of it though but it’s a very Offensive sketch

Meh, it wasn’t that funny. I mean, I think the idea of the toys being present while Andy’s doing it has some potential, but this skit went for the overly crude and pointless route. Robot Chicken’s done a lot better.

I didn’t like it. I used to watch this show sometimes, but that part about Buzz really bothers me. I’m not “offended”, it just…bothers me. I mean, I don’t really know exactly what "happened"to Buzz, but I felt sick(almost) after just watching it, so…I don’t want to know what happened to Buzz.