Thinkway's Toy Story Collection: part 2

The original thread has been broken for a week now, so its probably a good idea to start a new one rather than continuing to use the replica thread.

Newcomers/lurkers: for info on the first 2 waves of releases see the original thread here.

Soon enough we should start seeing specifics for wave 3. While not officially confirmed we have some info from boardmember Doomseeker who got a glimpse of a Toy Story Collection Twtich (with staff), Big Baby (fully clothed), Mr. Pricklepants, Dolly and Buttercup at the UK toy fair.

Absent from the line, (according to him) is Zurg. Originally planned to be part of the line Zurg will now be a U-Command toy. Again, if he is to believed. (I believe you doom, I just want to be clear there’s no actual proof as of yet as there were no photos allowed) While not officially part of the line, it is likely still from the original digital data and to scale, so it should fit right with the rest of the collection.

The New York Toy fair 2011 is coming up next week, February 14. So we can expect to see then if these rumors are true, or if something has changed. And photos are allowed at this one, so I’ll update this when pics, vids or press releases start popping up.

I hope they make an accurate Zurg, of all the characters, that would be great. Give the popularity of the Disney Store Ham and that they were working on the figure originally for the last wave, I am hoping they do something with that character as well. I would like to see Stinky Pete as well for the round up gang, as well as Mrs Potato Head now to add to Mr. Potato head.

I know there are those that want to see the TS3 group, but honestly, they were not as endearing characters as the original groups. So my choice would be to finish up the previous franchises before moving onto the others. Logically though it would be the marketable thing to bring out as many new characters as possible with the release of the latest movies on many consumer minds.

I think Doomseeker mentioned a Buttercup as well, though I might be wrong.

I’m also pretty annoyed that we are getting minor characters like Twitch and Dolly but a Hamm apparently ‘wouldn’t sell’. Bah.

Here’s the meat and potatoes of the post made by Doomseeker:

While I agree, that I would have much preferred other choices for the characters, it leaves me somewhat hopeful that, if this wave is successful enough, they will choose to do at least one more wave, and in that include the toys that most of us have been asking for, namely a proper Zurg, Prospector, Trixie, and Mrs. Potato Head.

While not mentioned quite as much, I would very much like to see Stretch become a part of this line as well, as I think they could do a really cool box design, and it would also give us a proper scale version of one of the last few members of Lotso’s gang that need definitive updates.

LucciToy,
If you’re out there… Can you try deleting your last comment in the original Thinkway Thread? I think it has an error in it. It lists you as leaving the last comment there but it’s not showing up. Just figured it was worth a shot asking you. Here is what is reads:

by LucciToy
Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:07 pm

Oh nice Kyle you made a 2nd part to the 1st thread i didnt notice.Hopefully this one becomes as good as the 1st.

The old thread is working again! The error was fixed!

Thanks LucciToy! I’m assuming you were able to remove your post. If not, what a coincidence! lol.

Is it just me, or is the main thread screwed up again?

It is who ever tryed to post a picture messed it up and needs to delete there post.Thats how to get it running again.

How weird is it that its Evil Dr. Porkchop? :slight_smile:

No offense to the user, just the name.

BTW, does anyone have any new news on Wave Three?

(Probably not, I’m expecting.)

Nope still no news on wave 3 sadly…

LOL! at the Dr. Evil Porkchop comment above.

Yes, that’s right. He has to delete his last comment to fix it. Last comment info:

by Evil Dr Porkchop
Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:52 am

I sent Evil Porkchop a private message. Hope he gets it.

The news about those new TSC toys is a pretty big surprise. But seriously, no Trixie? She’s such an obvious candidate after doing Rex, and I know she wouldn’t be that hard to do either. I just managed to get the Disney Store Mr. Pricklepants recently and I’m pretty happy with him, but I’d still like to see what these new TSC toys look like if they’re really going to be released. I’d be most interested in seeing Dolly and Buttercup myself.

The other Thinkway Thread is fixed!

:smiley: