Buzz Lightyear Manual

In TS3, did anyone else wonder how Sunnyside acquired a manual for the Buzz Lightyear toy?

I remember seeing this question asked on Lee Unkrich’s formspring, and he said that its possible that there could have been buzz lightyear toys in the past at Sunnyside.

Lotso didn’t seem to recognize him until he saw the manual, and he arrived some time in the 80s, before Buzz Lightyears were made. Then again, Pixar kind of disregarded timelines here.

I dont think there were Buzz lightyears figures in sunnyside before, wouldnt have lotso recognized Buzz, also if they are useful to lotso dont you think there would be one in lotsos gang?

My vote is that it was donated.
I can see it arriving in a box of toys that were given to SunnySide.

I’m just suprised they had a manual for Buzz, he’s not a video game console. Don’t you guys think a slips of instructions paper could of been more appropriate?

I’ve seen toys with booklets in them before, and the manual had at least two languages in it as well.

Yeah, and Buzz is so advanced that we can’t even replicate him in real-life.

Just because he was manufactured in the 1980’s doesn’t mean that’s when he arrived at Sunnyside.

That’s what we estimated when that happened. There’s probably a whole thread on this somewhere.

Anyone ever re-create a printable Buzz Manual like in the film?? care to share?

Ask Reaper052, he’s been attempting to recreate what can be seen in film stills, but it’s a difficult process. On the other hand, it has been replicated as an accessory of the Super Alloy Buzz (or something like that). It appears to be the same size, and has all the pages, so I hope someone can get scans of that.

Its actually way too small, that buzz is only 6 inches. Mine is actually too small as well, but not by nearly as much.

To him, the manual looked to about the same size, seeing as it’s too big for the Buzz statue it’s with. Judging by how big it was to him, it looked similar to how it was next to Buzz in the movie when Hamm was reading it.

yea i think its the right size it looks right when i put it under hamms feet to read it so it looks right good job man nice (=

You mean you printed mine out? Mind posting some pictures, I’d love to see it with your hamm.