New Clip from Toy Story Hawaiian Vacantion!

Disney Pixar have just released this brand new clip from the new Toy Story short

youtube.com/watch?v=-uFTMcL0 … r_embedded

[spoil]I think it’s a great clip! and very funny, look how the tiny lego figurines just continue stacking ken’s luggage[/spoil]

Haha, this looks great. The part of Cars 2 I’m most looking forward to.

It looks great!

Is anyone else worried we won’t be seeing Totoro in this? Maybe because of licensing issues he won’t be included? We haven’t seen proof of the peas either, but they seem more likely to be included than Totoro. And we haven’t seem pictures of Chuckles yet either, but Gary Rydstrom said in that interview that he was going to be in it.

I hope Totoro is in it! I don’t see why not. It would not fit the continuity if Totoro just disappeared. If they can get Mr. Potato Head, they can sure get Totoro. Miyazaki loves Pixar!

I laughed at Potato Head just standing there with his arms at some sort of a weird angle. 8D I never knew minifigures were that strong. :smiley:

I can almost guarantee you Totoro won’t be in it. Possibly not peas in a pod either. Its been said that Chuckles is the most obscure character in this short, and he isn’t even that obscure if you ask me.

But I’m not upset either. Sometimes less is more. This is a short, not a full length feature. Their better off leaving some out to give more time/lines to the characters that are in it. TS3, as great as it was, was a bit overstuffed with characters. This can be even more problematic in a short story. Also, its not like there won’t be plenty of other shorts to let some of the others shine. I just say we spread things out more. Don’t make them feel obligated to use everyone all the time.

Dunno what it means by “obscure”, but not only will Chuckles appear in this short, he’s even gonna steal the stage, literally.

Here’s the interview with Gary Rydstrom, lifted from EW:

Wow, imagine the grumpy one wearing a grass skirt and do a few swift Hula moves :mrgreen:

Kyle, this statement hasn’t been made. Read his quote, he says that Chuckles is his favorite, not the most obscure.

I love the zoom into Ken’s face when he goes, “Wha–?” :laughing: I can’t wait for this short. It only makes Cars 2 even better!

Well if Totoro doesn’t appear I guess they could justify it by having Bonnie take him to Hawaii with her.

Yes! Lego men. I love to see them again.

Pixar also released this new image still of the toy story short

accesspixar.blogspot.com/2011/03 … aiian.html

Gotta love the outfits! haha

I love how the trees are made of empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls.

I have absolutely no idea what this short is about, but I’m in love with the idea already. I love Hawaii (I have fond memories of my trip there), I love Hawaiian shirts, I love Toy Story, what’s not to like? :smiley:

I’m kinda disappointed they’re not gonna show all the characters. It’s not like every character has to have a line, action, or purpose or anything, just the presence would be enough for their fans. What’s to stop Pixar from recycling Totoro’s model and placing him in the background somewhere in a hula skirt? The big lug isn’t quite a talker, anyway. :neutral_face:

He was mainly just a background character in movie, but it would make sense for him to return. After all, the Lego minifigures are a good sign.

And Kyle, they can definately include a lot of characters and not get sidetracked. As long as they don’t try to cram them all in. Like how they featured the majority of Andy’s toys in the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command shorts.

Hm, now there’s another good reason for getting rid of the unimportant ones of Andy’s toys. With Buttercup, Mr. Pricklepants, Dolly, Chuckles, the Peas in a Pod, and Trixie, there’s no room for Wheezy, Bo Peep, Etch a Sketch, Rocky, the shark, and everything else.

Toilet paper towel roles? Those are Lincoln Logs. They have the notches in them, and are far too thin to be paper towel rolls. Their also a very dark brown. Rolls are much lighter.

Edit: now I feel stupid. Just realized you were looking at the third picture. 8D

So So Sooooooo loving this already.

In the original picture that was released earlier, does anyone know what Slinky is wearing on his head, and what in tarnation it has to do with Hawaii? I’m so amused by this, I find it so strange! xD

he’s a bellhop.