Were all Lotso Hugging Bears evil?

I’m guessing not, but still, its a question I’ve been gnawing on for awhile -Omar

Nah, just the ones that feel they were abandoned :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks! :smiley:

Now I’m wondering if all abandoned toys feel resentment and have a thirst for revenge? -Omar

I hope not. 'Cause that means I have a lot of old toys from my childhood plotting my downfall :open_mouth:

Simple answer: No. That would be toy discrimination! :smiley: It’s just like asking are all Woody toys good leaders? Or are all Mr Potato Heads wiseguys? A character’s propensity for evilness depends on individual circumstances and ‘life’ experiences.

As for abandoned toys, Jessie is proof that not all abandoned toys resort to revenge. Some merely suffer from trust issues with humans as a consequence.

Although, all Buzz dolls seem to be deluded fresh from the box. :slight_smile:

That would be like saying all Jessies were abandoned and cowgirl yodelers, or all Barbies and Kens were girl’s toys or action chicks.

I was trying to be funny. And yes, all Barbies and Kens are girl’s toys, even if manly men like me play with them. :wink:

Of course, now I’m thinking about what an evil Mr Pricklepants would be like. :smiley: -Omar

Cool…

No, just the Lot so we know and other’s that may of been abandended. Woody wasn’t to happy when Andy started to play with Buzz more.

Gee, who was more evil? Lotso in wanting to kill the toys or Woody for wanting to jam Buzz behind Andy’s desk?

Of course, then there’s the question what would push Woody to Lotso’s extreme? (Muahahaha!) -Omar

Well…all Buzzes seem to act the same until they realize they’re an actual toy :wink: Lotso didnt turn ‘evil’ till he got replaced so I think the question is would all Lotsos end up snapping like that. Do they all have a dark side just below the surface? And my answer to that is, who knows? Maybe. They’re all manufactured the same way, so I’m not really gonna go comparing them to people by assuming they’d all be different. On the other hand…every toy would have their own set of experiences which would contribute to shaping their personality. Of course this line of questioning could be extended to all the toys. Are all Potato Heads cranky? Are all Stinky Petes angry and jealous and bitter if they didnt get sold? Would all Buzzes end up depressed once they realize they’re toys?

I’m sure any toy that doesn’t know how to sanely and maturely deal with replacement would become evil, if they had the menas to

No, definetly not. According to Enlightment figure John Locke, we are a product of our environment. Lotso was unwrapped and “born” per say, into a blissful, happy, wonderful life with Daisy. Lotso became the nice Lotso he was advertised as pre-movie due to his happy life and time with Daisy’s constant love and affection.

Now that all changed when Lotso got lost and got replaced. He was convinced it was all a lie, everything about Daisy, and he “believed in things”. Similar to Kung Fu Panda’s Tai Lung, Lotso no doubt already had a lot of pride going on, just like Woody, before he got lost and replaced. As Lee Unkrich noted, Lotso became too selfish and jealous, and his huge ego fall, and the fact he thought a child’s love was a lie, Lotso became the monster that he is today.

Now not only did Daisy turn Lotso into his nice persona. All Buzz’s come out of the box deluded, as noted above. Therefore, each toy must have it in their original “programming” to be something. Lotso was made a plush, huggable, lovable, and if the real Lotso toy is anything to go by, was already a very warm and loving bear. Buzz came out the proud, confident and deluded Space Ranger he was.

So Lotso originally was turned “nice, grandfatherly Lotso” by Daisy’s love, but it was stripped away when he was replaced.

No, Lotso just snapped sort of speak. He was never bad to begin with. It looked as if he was a sweetheart before Daisy replaced him. Once he found out that Daisy’s parents got her a new Lotso, he started going down an evil path.

One thing I find interesting about Toy Story is that despite the fact that there might be a million copies of the same toy out there, not all are the same. All of them have different personalities. Like Buzz Lightyears for example, all of them seem to think that they are the real deal, but some might be a little different. Some of 'em might be a little more strict on the rules than others. Some are different all together like Spanish Buzz who thought he was a space ranger yet had this macho man thing going on. ;D

Wolf, that’s what I’m talking about - how all the Buzzes are different, even if they have the underlying delusions. It would seem that all Lotsos are caring, good natured, stoic characters who don’t give up – much as how Daisy’s Lotso didn’t give up after he was initially lost.

One thing I’ve wondered was what if another Woody or Jessie doll arrived on the scene. For that matter, another Prospector, perhaps one who was played with. Of course, now I’m getting into the whole Mirror Universe realm.

What if Ken was left at Al’s Toy Barn in the Barbie aisle. lol -Omar