First Look: TOY STORY TOONS Logo

First Look: [size=150]Toy Story Toons Logo[/size]

pixartimes.com/2011/05/20/first- … oons-logo/

Real nice. I saw a glimpse in one of the latest Cars 2 trailers, but It’s awesome to have it on High Resolution.

Wow, two shorts to be attached to films? That’s just short of turning it into a TV show. Okay, maybe that was a bit harsh. More like Scrat’s shorts from Ice Age then?

Oh well, at least we’ll get a new series of shorts of an existing property beyond Mater’s Tall Tales.

That’s a cute logo.

Very nice!!! but i wonder if this will be a reguler thing they show on tv just like CAR-toons??

You know I’m kinda surprised they kept that name, seeing as the pun no longer works like it does with car-toons

Last I heard that was the plan, yes. It’ll be exactly like car-toons, only difference is two of them will get attached to theatrical releases. (Cars 2 and the Muppets)

Well, and one of the Cars Toons (Tokyo Mater) was also attached to one feature, Bolt.

It wasn’t when I saw it…odd. I had to wait for it to debut on the Disney Channel. Not I minded too much. I just never found any of the car toons to be that interesting. but I think it just has to do with this universe, these characters. Not to mention the bad voice impersonations. I hope for toy story toons they do get everybody onboard. I know they got Tom Hanks and Tim Allen for the theatrical shorts, but if we have to put up with another bad Tim Allen impersonator for the rest that would just suck. I might be able to live with Jim Hanks, if I have to, but Ive yet to hear anyone sound close to Tim. Wallace Shawn and Jon Ratzenberger Im not worried about since they’re always game to do these characters.

I think its been confirmed that the whole cast will be be back, at least for the Hawaii short.

Right, I mentioned that. I’m talking about the rest though. the ones that go straight to tv/dvd.

Maybe they recorded the voices for many episodes in a single row.

I still think they will be back. Maybe not everybody for every short, but I’m expecting Tim Allen to be back for all of them. Tim always seem to really like his role as Buzz, so imagine he’d see the shorts as a big enough deal to do them all. Same goes for John Ratzenberger, Wally Shawn, and Estelle Harris.

I hope Tom Hanks does all of them, but there’s really no telling.

Bud Luckey I don’t think will be in all of the shorts, because of him being retired and his character being relatively minor.

The Peas I wonder if they will use the same kids, its not a big deal if they don’t, but continuity with their voices would be nice.

Based on that picture of Tom Hanks with 3 different directors, I’d say they have. For at least four shorts. Hawaii, plus 3 directing by the directors in that picture.

I have to say, I liked the new short, and I can’t wait to see more. It reminded me of the bedroom scenes of the original Toy Story. Basically, it still feels like ‘Toy Story’, which is the best part.

I loved it, I didn’t want it to end. I liked the short more than Cars 2 itself.

I would expect itunes to have it up soon enough. I know they released Presto while it was still in theaters, and I think they’ve been doing the same ever since.

I saw it on youtube and loved it. I strongly believe they can get Tim on board for more Buzz. Tim isnt doing much these days, other than being the campbells soup guy anda few car commercials. Tom on the other hand seems to be having a bit of a career boost right now.

Tim actually has a new sitcom, so he may find himself in a similar position as he was during the Toy Story treats run, ie too busy to voice Buzz. We’ll have to wait and see though. Maybe he can do both, or his sitcom could get canceled, which based on what Ive seen seems very likely. Its basically Home Improvment but with daughters instead of sons. I don’t see this lasting too long.

Edit: where did you see it on youtube by the way? I’m dying to see it again. They need to put it on itunes, I’d gladly pay if I had to.

youtube.com/watch?v=nmavniWGsTQ
It ain’t pretty, but it’s still something for now.

Thtanks for the link Dinoco! I’d watch it, but I want to see the short and Brave trailer in theatres tonight.

When i first saw this thread about a month ago, I thought it said Lego instead of logo. When I clicked on it, I said “Hey! This has nothing to do with Legos!” Then I read the title again and felt dumb…

Wait, wut? I was just watching the CARtoons yesterday and I’m pretty sure it’s the same voice actors throughout. Lightning’s voice seems a bit different after the first film, though, if that’s what you mean, but it’s the same actor. Or did you mean that you’re worried they’ll bring back the cruddy Toy Story VAs from the start of the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command pilot?

Anyways, I’m soooo looking forward to the Muppets short! I accidentally thought it was the short at the start of Winnie and Pooh and got myself all hyped up for it. %D;

Hawaiian Vacation was hilarious, and more snippets into that world should be a lot of fun. :smiley: