The Longevity of Buy N Large

Even though I have not seen Wall-E, I am aware that there is a company called Buy N Large in it who created Wall-E. Are they still in existence then? Because obviously they existed in 1995, since that is approximately when Andy got a Buzz Lightyear action figure that runs on Buy N Large batteries. Unless of course, he replaced them since then. At any rate, Buy N Large certainly exists in 2007 in the Pixar world.

The reason I say 2007 is that I think that Toy Story 3 is set a few years before it came out. Why? Because Andy has corresdence from Ellie and Carl Frederickson on his desk, and if Ellie died in 2008, supposing that Up is set in 2009, then Andy has to have received the letter sometime earlier. Then again, maybe he was digging out his old stuff in preparing for college. In following this theory, I guess that Toy Story 3 could be 2010…though that’s a bit of a stretch if Toy Story is 1995.

The reason I posted this in the Toy Story section instead of Wall-E is that I barely discussed Wall-E here. I just want to know where things fit in the Pixar universe.

I think you’re right about TS3 taking place a few years before its release, not just because of the Carl/Ellie note coincidence but also because, if it were 2010, 15 years would have passed and Andy would be in his early 20’s, unlike 18/19 which is the rough estimation I’ve heard from official sources. I’m really thinking Buzz’s batteries being BnL brand was just a cameo, but I’ll have to watch WALL-E again to observe details about the company’s founding. They’d existed for 700 years, I’m pretty sure?

I hope to see BNL on Cars 2