TOY STORY 4 Might Be Happening !!!

full story:

aintitcool.com/node/50177

ughhh no…please let this NOT be true. …

Is it wrong to be a little excited about this? Also, I’m scared that they would screw it up, but then again. Pixar has never done anything bad with the Toy Story characters so I have complete confidence.

It seems more like a throwaway comment by him then a factually grounded statement. Besides, it’d probably be a little early in the process for him to have much knowledge or involvement in it yet.

I for one am aganist the idea of having a Toy Story 4 happening. Pixar is doing something much better in my opinion with the Toy Story short films. I think Toy Story is perfect as a trilogy and the third movie’s ending definitly ended the series perfectly.

hmmm that can’t be true can it??? i sure hope pixar doesn’t make toy story 4, it would just be pushing the story too far.

On one hand Pixar may know what they’re doing and try to make an absolutely worthy sequel (four-quel?) to the Toy Story trilogy.
On the other hand, the reason for Cars 2 and it’s quality was to cash in on the franchise, if I’m not mistaken. And it won’t be good if that’s the same for Toy Story 4 and Monsters University…
Maybe it’s that TBA movie. 2013?

I would prefer more Toy Story Toons instead

I don’t think its happening, nor do I want it to. Not that I’d ever be against a sequle if they continued to outdo themselves like they have been, but we now know Pixar is not infallible with Cars 2 and couldn’t bare a sequel that didn’t live up to the original 3 toy stories. a perfect trilogy almost never happens, it would be a huge risk to tempt fate with a 4th. If they must continue and they feel shorts are too limiting they can expand to a Christmas or halloween special or something, just don’t make it toy story 4 and release it as a real movie.

We’ll probably never know the real reason Cars 2 wasn’t up to par. But its entirely possible John saw it as an opportunity to make a better movie than the original, but failed at it. Cars 2 was apparently a patch job from another director. Maybe if he had been on it from the start or had worked on it longer the results might have been different.

I think this is legit. Why would Pixar lie to Tom Hanks, Woody himself? Plus, a while back, Jack Angel said they were working on a Toy Story 4… I thought he was talking about the shorts.

After Cars 2 was definetly my least favorite Pixar film, I was a bit hesitant towards new sequels, even after the absolutely perfect threequel to Toy Story last year. But the new Toy Story toon reaffirmed my trust in Pixar. Besides, have they ever done wrong with Toy Story? There was an 11 year long gap in between Toy Story 2 and 3, and they still made the best 3 ever, even with warring companies and contracts…

Believe me, I love Toy Story as much as any kid ever loved a toy. But they already ended 3 perfectly. The three films thus far have all covered the basic parts of a toy’s life: replacement, coming to terms with the kid growing up, and what happens when the kid grows up. Where can they go from here without making it a rehash? We’ve already seen what happens to these toys in these scenarios. We don’t need to see what happens when Bonnie grows up - we saw these toys escape the fires of Hell by an millimeter. We know they can pull through anything. We don’t need to see them again. Toy Story 3 took these toys to dramatic depths and danger I never want to see my childhood playmates come that close to again. I’m so attached to these toys, I screamed Rex’s name when he fell a little in the incinerator, to name one occasion. I was so happy to see these toys get the proper ending of their time with Andy at the ending, so emotional, after all they’ve been through these past 15 years, and 17 years of Andy’s life.

There’s no need for a Toy Story 4, but Pixar has proven they can do no wrong with Toy Story. Remember, Tom Hanks said he thinks they’re making it. I’ll wait for word from Unkrich himself, of Lasseter, anybody from Pixar.

Hey guys, did they edit the toy story 4 comment out of the video? I went to 2:28 like it said and the comment is nowhere to be found. :open_mouth: Did pixar catch wind of this and is trying to backpedal out of it?

Edit: never mind! I just wasn’t watching it far enough. I didn’t realize it was at the very tale end of it.

If they have a really excellent story in mind, filled with great new ideas and character development, then I say go for it.

However … if it’s simply a merchandise cash-grab with a poor or average story, then it shouldn’t be made.

I really, really hope not. The third one wrapped up everything. There’s no need for it, other than milking the franchise for all it’s worth.

All I’ll say is that the third one ended perfectly, making there no need for another sequel. If they ARE working on it, I’m sure Pixar will scrap the project if the fans aren’t happy about it. If they aren’t working on it, Tom Hanks may have been misinformed or got the wrong idea about something.

I honestly think Pixar needs to cut down on the sequels a little and try to come up with some more original stories. I personally think they should resume development on Newt. Judging by the concept art, it could be a really amazing film.

To those saying TS3 ended perfectly, I agree. At the same time most of us thought the same thing after Toy Story 2. A good sequel should always feel like it ends perfectly. at least when we’re talking about a series of movies that has not been planned out in advance.

I seem to recall similar negative reactions when it was announced that Toy Story 3 was being worked on …

keep the shorts coming! those are good! but toy story 4…toy story was about andy and his toys…the third ended it perfectly…plus Don Rickles isn’t getting any younger…i don’t want them to make a toy story without potato head…(if you catch my drift) …point being there shouldn’t be one.

seems that MOST Pixr Fans and people who spend their time on the internet do NOT want to see a Toy Story 4, but GENERAL AUDIENCES would love it to be true

Same thing goes with Cars 2, Pixar Fans and Cars Fans seem to be disappointed and People on the internet hate it, but outside they are loving it

I’d happily go and see Toy Story 4. I have enough (perhaps misguided) faith in Pixar to believe that they wouldn’t release Toy Story 4 unless they had a good story (as opposed to simply seeking merchandise sales).

That typed, I have to wonder how “in the know” Tom Hanks is. Sure, he’s the voice of Woody, but there is a LOT of work involved in a Pixar film before the voice actors are brought into the studio. And it’s always possible that he sees the Toy Story Toons as being “Toy Story 4” or interpreted the interviewer’s question as simply asking whether we would see more adventures of Woody and Buzz (which we will in the Toy Story Toons).

Sounds like a throwaway comment to me. I really hope it’s not real.
Kinda early for talk of a fourquel, IMO, anyway…