Custom Troika Replicas: Restock on 3/29, thread gone in 2 wk

THE TROIKAS PROTOTYPE IS FINALLY DONE:

This the final design, which is lacquered, please note the light is shining on them directly and there is a bit of glare:

By bashford_photo at 2011-09-23

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND HAVEN’T CONFIRMED YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE PM ME, OR EMAIL ME AT BASHFORD427@YAHOO.COM

I’m hoping to have the order in by the end of September! Thanks to everyone interested!

UPDATE:

First of all, these are troikas:

images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 … roikas.png

I have decided to go on with this venture with or without fellow fan interest. I’m going to pay the money to produce the prototype. After I do, I will “own” the prototype for life, and will be able to get them cheaper as far into the future as I wish (assuming the company doesn’t go belly up)

When the design for the prototype is done, they will submit it to me for my approval. I will then share the picture on here, and allow everyone’s suggestions on how to improve them. When the best design is made, they will then start being produced. The whole process will take approximately two months.

If you wish to obtain one of “my patents,” you can let me know once you’ve seen the prototype. If you have ANY interest in doing this in the future please respond in this thread. Assume for the time being that the price will be approximately $75, although, it could end of being less based on quantity discounts after they know how much production costs are. By letting me know, you are helping with an estimate head count, which would lead to cheaper prices for everyone.

Thanks!

Slink

ORIGINAL POST

Hello all,

I have mentioned in the past that I had been working on a troika project. This project is going reasonably well, but it takes a lot of time and effort. I’ve promised to still try reproductions, which I still may, but I’m curious about interest that this board has in this idea:

I have contacted a company that produces all sorts of Russian nesting dolls and russian nesting eggs that do custom designs for all kinds of purposes. From making presidential images to south park characters. Their work seems very, very good.

I asked them, if they would be able to reproduce the Toy Story Troikas, and they said they can. However, the cost of the first set will be $200 and each subsequent set will be $50.

Pros:

1. These will be professionally made and will most likely be the best looking Troikas made. All of their custom jobs look amazing, and appear to be made on the computer, not by hand.
  2. No need to acquire the eggs, which are expensive in their own right, nor buy paint

Cons:

1. A little on the expensive side for a minor character

My theory is, if I can get enough people together, who are interested…let’s say 10. That would effectively be $65/set for everyone. Which I talking about selling them for around $70, so they would be cheaper. Even 5 people would be $80 per set, and I would be willing to eat a little of the “Extra” cost for the first set.

They said they would take 2 months to produce.

What does everyone think?

Please add a comment or send me a pm if you have interest! or questions

Thank you

Your friendly neighborhood Slink

i would be willing to do this if i see what they look like first don’t wanna spend that kinda money and them turn out ugly or not right

If anyone could also provide some High-res screen shots that would be awesome. I unfortunately only have TS3 on Blu-ray.

In particular I’m looking for the side view of the troikas when slink goes “smaller toys up front” to correctly have the company capture the cats ear, duck’s wing, etc

And the view from TS2 when they are talking about Woody being kidnapped, and you see the back of the dog (it has a giant spot)…

The front view that currently exists everywhere online is probably fine as is

Nevermind, found the screen caps site…its gold!

There have been updates to the situation, but overall, seems to lack interest,

PM me if you’d have interest

What is a troika exactly?

lmgtfy.com/?q=toy+story+troikas

Sounds kinky…
:sunglasses:

Nice…while funny, hardly a helpful comment YFD lol

haha sorry…I’d be interested in getting the Troikas after I see the prototype. $75 is a steal for a quality version of them. Disney Store better release some Troikas soon or they are going to be losing some potential customers. God save Disney’s marketing team.

Haha, I think they’ll survive without making troikas specifically…it hasn’t affected them from 1995 til now. That isn’t to say it wouldn’t be a good idea. I wish I could be on their marketing team…I have several good toy story ideas, but also for other things. I feel like the Disney Store releases a lot of junk that ends up clearanced…and even their “clearance” is only like $3 off and then gets sent back to corporate. A few tweeks to the marketing strategy and they could bank even more than they do now

I think anybody on these forums could do a better job than the marketing team they have. Me and Slink would get the job done. Hire us Disney!!!

You would think Toy Story TOYS would market themselves…

Well, it might have been impulsive, but I just pulled the trigger on the troikas. They are in production, I will get prototype pictures when they are completed and after my approval they will be produced. The should be ready by mid October…same as wave 3

I have a feeling some of you might actually respond when you see them. And if enough of you have interest, they’ll be cheaper.

Thanks!

First prototype is 7-10 days away!!

I can’t wait to see these!

Well, I can’t say that I’d be interested in buying the Troikas,(I had to stop myself from buyng anymore Pixar stuff that I don’t need a long time ago), but it’s cool if you’re into them enough to create some yourself. A lot of the toys from TS are traditional and classic toys that will last through many childhoods, so they make for great toys in real life too.

Update for anyone interested. Their was a miscommunication and the artists for the company have been on vacation. Prototype is expected to be ready by September 9. Can’t wait!

Mods, please check the usual thread - I’d like to ask your opinion about this. :sunglasses:

Pending pictures and a final price point, I’m interested in these. I painted my own, but if these are going to be as good as they sound, they will definitely be an upgrade.

Here’s hoping the mods don’t shut it down!