Small Fry - New Short

So the next short, the one in front of the Muppets, is called Small Fry. Its directed by Angus MacLane, who also did Burn-E. It about how Buzz gets left at a fast food restaurant and meets some happy meal toys. Jane Lynch voices a mermaid. This was all shown at the D23 expo yesterday.

Looks like Bonnie is taking real good care of the toys like Andy asked her…Geez :laughing:
Any way this short reminds me of the old short with the Mini Buzz in it just cause of the happy meal
toys.

So THAT’s what it’s about! I was wondering. I assume Buzz will make it back in the span of 7 minutes or whatever :wink:

Poor Buzz. He doesn’t have a very good track record with fast food establishments.

I’m a little disappointed that the new short isn’t focusing on the existing toys (either Sunnyside or Bonnie’s Toys), but it still sounds fun and introduces NEW TOYS!

A SUE SYLVESTER MERMAID? DO WANT!
Thinkway had better make some of these new toys!

HAHA this literally made me laugh out loud! :laughing:

Anywho, I love the idea for this short! I can’t wait to see what the Happy Meal toys are like. Also I love Maclane’s BURN*E, it’s great to see him do another animated short.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they made them…instead of Trixie or Zurg…

^ Hopefully without electronics I will not pay 50 bucks for a glorified happy meal toy…And for them to be accurate they will have to sell them in bags like the ones you get in happy meals.

BTW does anyone else think the mermaid will be the one from Knick Knack or a new one?

Haha, I’m not buying any new toys from shorts…not unless they also release the main characters were still missing…

Probably a new one.

It reminds me of years ago when TS3 was still in production, they announced that there’d be a mermaid toy voiced by Lindsey Lohan, but that character was eventually taken out.

Good thing it was I am not to fond of Lohan does as she pleases and gets away with it…But I guess I just described all celebrity’s right there didn’t I with the exception of the Juice.

I can’t wait for this Short to come out. It sounds like it’ll be good.

It’s a shame Disney no longer have a licensing deal with McDonalds for Happy Meal toys. It sounds like this would be a perfect opportunity.

I read another “summary” of the Toy Story Short and it indicated that Bonnie (or perhaps her parents) accidentally take home a Happy Meal sized Buzz Lightyear instead of the “real” Buzz Lightyear which is how Buzz ends up being left behind. I guess that is slightly better than Bonnie simply leaving him behind, but she seems smart enough to notice a pretty dramatic decrease in size of one of her toys!

Who knows she could have thought the Ghost Baker shrunk Buzz and skipped happily to the car with mini Buzz.

Really? I’d pay through the teeth for a toy with Jane Lynch’s voice! 8D

I’m not much of a fan of Jane Lynch she seems like a stuck up person to me I just get that feeling from her no one flame me its just my opinion…Heck for all I know she is the sweetest thing on earth.

I think the arrogance is just an act, but I still find it just as annoying as you do. I’m just glad her character is only part of this short, and won’t be joining the main cast of Bonnie’s toys.

Are they gonna also show them on Disney channel or something?

Not that I’ve heard of. I think they’re just for theatres.

Yep I am going to be forced to watch the new Muppets which I know is going to be horrible.