Andy's Toy Chest

Hey guys,

I’m starting a ‘Andy’s Toy Chest’ project but I need some help from you guys. Here are the things I need:

1. High definition pictures of the toy chest in the first two movies, not the Toy Story 3 because of all of the stickers on it.

2. Measurements, i.e. how tall, how long, at what height is the opening. I have the ‘Ultimate Toy Box’ DVD holder but I don’t believe that the curve is correct and the opening isn’t in the right place.

If you have anything that can help me out that would be great!

I know you guys will help me out, thank you SO much!

here is a bunch of pics it looks like it is just as tall as woody until the top part sorry if not enough shots and or info :confused:

hq55.com/disney/toy1/toystory-di … om-814.jpg
hq55.com/disney/toy1/toystory-di … om-818.jpg
hq55.com/disney/toy1/toystory-di … om-834.jpg
hq55.com/disney/toy1/toystory-di … om-856.jpg
hq55.com/disney/toy1/toystory-di … om-899.jpg
hq55.com/disney/toy1/toystory-di … om-898.jpg
hq55.com/disney/toy1/toystory-di … om-920.jpg

toy story 2
hq55.com/disney/toy2/toystory2-d … om-691.jpg
hq55.com/disney/toy2/toystory2-d … m-1339.jpg

Would you like a higher rez version of the texture I have here?
youtube.com/watch?v=il4hhhde … age#t=173s

This isn’t directly from the movie, but I repainted it based on the original, of which I also have but much lower rez.

I would just post it, but I don’t want to just post it for all to use/steal.

Thanks both of you! Those pictures are definitely a HUGE HELP duelmaster2010! In the movie we only see the front and left side of the toy box, do you suppose the other two sides are painted the same way as the front and left side?

Also Kyle, that video didn’t come up, was it deleted? I went to your channel though and saw your other Andy’s room video and can I just say FANTASTIC JOB! With this do you have a good idea of the lengths and widths of the toy box? Could you also possibly send me the high def pictures you used on the outside of the toy box?

Again thank you SO much guys!

Not sure why its coming up as deleted for you, it still works on my end. You probably found the same video I linked to (it’s the update video), only difference is I linked directly to a specific time where the front texture is shown. But yes I can get you it. I don’t have specific sizes, I’m only eyeballing the sizes of everything so I’m sure some things are off.

I do believe the other side is the same as the front. I see no reason for it to be any different.

When you click on the video, it says “This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.” It hasn’t been removed from YouTube, but nobody can watch it except for the uploader. Try logging out and going to the video, you’ll see what I mean.

Kyle could you PM me the toy box pictures?

i am 99% sure that the front of the box is the same as the back and the ends are the same as each other lostdude (=

Gah, well that bites. I had no idea, when I’m logged in it still says This video is public.
They never informed me about it. Only when I go to content ID matches does it tell me its blocked in some countries, and even that is inaccurate because when I click view copyright info it finally tells me its blocked worldwide. Weird that it was NBC that got it blocked, not Disney. I didn’t even use that much of the song in question. :unamused: Whats even weirder is usually when it’s the audio they just mute it, not block the video outright.

I’m going to search for suitable replacement music and re upload it. Hopefully still Randy Newman but if I were smart I would find something royalty free, but that’s tough.

Anyway, sorry for derailing and venting. I’ll get those textures PMed soon. Just gotta find them.

Alright just an update on my project, I got the pieces cut today at Home Depot and are going to put them together soon.

Take your time Kyle, I’m in no rush. I won’t need the paint job for a while :slight_smile:

Hey any updates ?

I finished making the actual chest and it turned out quite nice, with a caved in top and smooth outside. I gave it to the painter a week ago, I’m hoping it will turn out well and be done soon :slight_smile:

have you took any photos ?

That’s cool. I’d be interested in seeing some pics of it when it gets done, if you don’t mind putting some on here of course. :wink: :slight_smile:

I agree! :smiley:

i make my own toy chest, still got a lot of work to do.

It looks GREAT shay110!!!
Keep up the great work! How tall is it?

Thanks, the height is 50 cm
And 72 cm wide

Did you use wood?

Yes , it’s an antique wooden treasure chest from my local flea market.
I glued a big Bristol around it so I could paint it as I wish.