Your Toy Story 3 Story

You say how you found out about it, how you hyped up about it, and your reaction to seeing it.

So in 2008 I saw a site that was legit that said “Lined up movies for 2011” most of them came out in 2010 (Toy Story 3) of them even in 2009 (Star Trek) though one of them actually did come out in 2011 (Final Destination 5) My eyes got wide and I typed in Toy Story 3 and I saw “Toy Story Set For Summer 2010” I jumped for joy. My dad came in and asked me “What was that about” I told him they were making a Toy Story 3, and he said “Wow, it’s been like 9 years (at the time) since Toy Story 2!” About a year later I found this place, signed up, and began talking about Toy Story 3 with everyone, back when we barley knew anything about Toy Story 3. Then in May when the teaser was announced to be in front of Up, I got really excited. I was of course, excited for Up, but being able to see the teaser made me more excited. The morning when Up came out, on Yotube I found out ET had shown a little bit of it and someone recorded it. I was excited to see the whole thing in theaters, in HD, and in 3D when I saw Up that afternoon. During school, during “Computer” the teacher let us have “Free Time” where we could go on almost any website we wanted. I found the Toy Story 3 teaser in HD and I watched it. I tried my best not to leap for joy or shout with glee. Anyway, I finally did leap for joy and shout “Yes!” when I saw it during Up that afternoon and I got strange looks, but I didn’t care. Also when they announced in October that they were going to re-release the first two movies in 3D as a double feature with a Toy Story 3 trailer that showed footage from the movie, I got hyped. Early before I watched the full trailer bootleg and I got really excited and happy from watching it. But seeing it in HD and 3D during the 3D Double Feature I leaped for joy :laughing: . I loved the double feature too. For months I covered the movie, watched the trailer a million times. When the 2nd trailer came out, I got even more excited and happy and thought this was going to be the best motion picture event in history. I watched the 2nd trailer a million times, watched the TV spots a million times, etc. On June 17th, 2010, I had a little double feature to get ready for Toy Story 3. And on June 18th, 2010, the day it came out, me, my mom, my sister, and my best friend went to see it in IMAX 3D at 11:30 AM with a theater filled with teenagers and little kids. Mostly little kids. The movie DID NOT disappoint. I loved every seconded of it. Totally worth the 2 year wait. When it came out on Blu-Ray, I watched it a million times. Now it collects dust on my shelf.

THE END

Great story, [b:q9sgskqt]annarborjack[/b:q9sgskqt]! :D Here’s mine:

I found out about this back in early 2009 from a site talking about future Pixar films, including [i:q9sgskqt]Up[/i:q9sgskqt], [i:q9sgskqt]Toy Story 3[/i:q9sgskqt], and [i:q9sgskqt]Cars 2[/i:q9sgskqt]. This was probably the first Pixar movie since Ratatouille I had not followed closely, due to our lack of internet connection most of that year. :-\ Everytime I got a chance to use the internet, however, I always went straight to the TS3 website and watched all the new videos. I remember when my whole family watched the first full trailer and we were all excited about the Spanish Buzz. Later in the vehicle we were all repeating lines from it like "Oh yes! Return of the Astro-Nut!" and stuff like that. 8D I didn’t see the film immediately when it came out, but when I did see it a month or so later it was one of the greatest films I’ve ever seen in the theater (and also my first Pixar movie to see in 3D 8) ). My dad bought it as a surprise along with our surround stereo Blu-ray player, and we now watch it at least once every few weeks. :D

I remember the original Toy Story 3 plans in about 2005. My aunt told me, since she remembers how much of a fan I was when the first ones came out. I remember thinking “that’s cool” after looking up the plans, and thinking no more of it. I never really kept up with the story on that one. I wasn’t really as big a fan as I used to be.

Years later, I remember hearing the REAL announcement years later (probably from some news website). It was still early in the game, but the details actually did spark interest in me. Especially the care that I knew it would be handled in. After that, I started reliving what made me a fan in the first place. The games, the toys, and above all, the movies (still on glorious VHS). Looking at things with an older perspective, and still loving it as much as I did as a child really says a lot about the movies Pixar made. I was a fan again.

I ate up any Toy Story 3 tidbit I could get ahold of; I loved the teaser, and I loved the first trailer even more. Hearing Randy Newman voice with the characters of my childhood really made me feel like not a day passed since 1999. But then in cut into the present time, and it became clear that I wasn’t the only one who had to deal with growing up. So I kept waiting, and eagerly found any clip/trailer that I could. Pixar was wise with their marketing, and enticed us with products, such as the Toy Story Collection in the meantime.

Once the time came, I had to be one of the first to see it. Got a midnight showing ticket as soon as I could. I didn’t invite friends, because it was a very special film for me (plus, I had all summer to see it again with them). I just went with my mom. I don’t want to get into a review here, but I knew it would be emotional, but what we got was just plain heartbreaking. Though above all, it was satisfying.

It was a strange cultural phenomenon. I noticed there were a lot of kids my age in the theater. And around school, everyone was talking about it. What may have previously been considered a kids’ movie was literally being talked about by everyone! That’s the power of Pixar.

I was born the same year the original Toy Story came out. I grew up watching the first two films over and over again. I loved them. They were (and still are) my favorite films ever. I wanted so badly to see Toy Story 3 made. However, my obsession with the movies quieted down in 2007 when our VHS player broke and we got rid of our TV (we now just watch DVD’s on our Mac), and since we only had the movies on VHS I rarely got the chance to watch them.

Sometime in 2008 or 2009 (I’m not sure which) The Pixar Blog was featured as one of Blogger’s Blogs of Note, and that was how I found that blog and saw their posts about Toy Story 3. The day I found out that they were making a third film was one of the happiest days of my life. I was so super crazy excited. Over the next two or so years while I waited for the movie to come out, my TS obsession flared again, probably bigger than it was when I was little. I watched the first two again a ton of times while I waited in anticipation.

I had to wait until five days after the film came out before I could go see it, but it was worth the wait of both those extra days and the previous decade. I remember that from the very beginning of the opening scene I was thinking, “Oh my goodness. This is the Toy Story I grew up on and love. This is the Toy Story 3 I’ve wanted for as long as I can remember. It’s perfect.” By the end I was bawling my eyes out like everyone else. I saw it in the theater two more times, and eventually got it on DVD. I could not have asked for a better Toy Story 3.

I remember being super pshyched for TS3! One of the reasons I joined PP in the first place, actually.

I also remember being in New Orleans when it first came out on a mission trip, so I had to wait a few extra days!

I first found out about Toy Story 3 in the 5th grade. I was staying after school to watch Up, and the Toy Story 3 trailer came on and I got super-excited. That summer my family went to Disney World, and it seemed like the perfect time to go. What better way to celebrate the release of a new Pixar film than with a trip to Disney World? :slight_smile:

I didn’t see the actual movie until it came out on DVD, but it was totally worth the wait. I was enchanted with Buzz in his Spanish mode, and oh, the best part was Buzz and Jessie’s big dance number. <3 Since then I’ve been fascinated with flamenco. And to this day Toy Story 3 is my #1 favorite Pixar film (and my favorite Disney movie in general).

It was 2009 when I first found out Toy Story 3 was going to be made and released. I remember reading about it online, and then talking about it with my work supervisor who was close to my age and enjoyed the past movies.

Then in 2010 (when I’d forgotten the movie had already come out), my dad bought the DVD of TS3 so I first watched it then. The toys had an adventure in that one that they won’t soon forget, though you can say that about all 3 Toy Story movies, really.