Mira Nova, Booster, XL Ideas!

Anyone Remember Mira Nova, Booster And XR From The Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command Series?

Well, I was thinking in the Toy Story Universe they did exist but we only saw Buzz And Zurg Produced As Figures so I was wondering do you think that Mira, Booster and XL was made or not?

Another thing I wanted to bring up is that I think that it would be great if Thinkway or any other company like Mattel made these toys (around the size of the TSC figures and dolls) I would certainly buy them.

Or even bring them into a new Toy Story Short!

Please Share Your Views :smiley:

I certainly do remember! What a great show that was.

I can almost certainly say that they didn’t exist in the original Toy Story universe, though. In Toy Story, there was only Buzz Lightyear, and a short time later, Zurg. A couple years later in Toy Story 2, it stayed that way. We’re not really given any insight by Toy Story 3, but we’re not even given any Easter eggs by Pixar. They’ve made it clear that they exist in seperate continuities.

Besides, from what we’ve actually seen in the unused Buzz Lightyear cartoon and video game, it’s different from what we see in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Buzz Lightyear is somewhat like Superman, in that he’s a hero that works alone… it’s only Buzz on all the merchandise.

Actually, Booster did make an appearance in a Toy Story comic.

Yeah, but, like Dinoco, I don’t think those are part of the canon, either.

Ermm I Think They Was Canon Because The Actual Toy Story Characters Was Watching The Show! You Even See Rex Putting It In! The ‘Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command MOVIE’ Intro Proves My Point Even More…

Yeah, we know they share characters.

But sometimes there are different levels of canon inside the same franchise.

Pixar only did the liberties of making those intros. Other than that, they handed the reins to Disney. And if every Pixar Toy Story short is supposed to fit in the canon, the Toy Story Treats would really give us some problems…

im actually thinking of making mira nova with a barbie doll with orange hair and a white fitted suit on her and painting her skin blue and so on

I love the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command series, and I am certain that Mira, Booster, XR and the others are part of Buzz’s collection. I’ve tried to find BLOSC toys since I actually remember seeing an XR action figure at Kmart when I was little, but I’ve been unsuccessful so far. I think Team Lightyear would do great with the rest of Bonnie’s toys! I think the only reason we didn’t see anything but Buzzes and Zurgs at Al’s Toy Barn was because of the whole “Buzz famine of '95”, so Al must’ve overstocked :slight_smile:

They will sadly never be made now by a toy company. Its been too much time and people simply wouldnt buy enough to make them worth it. They did make a talking XR model kit but im not sure how he was scalewise and i have never seen one on ebay

I ended up finding the talking XR model kit on ebay, I’ll post some pictures once he arrives so people can get a more in depth look than can currently be had. Thats if I get it anyway, the seller relisted him a few days into the original auction but left both up so Im not sure if he’s going to honor it or not.

^Coolio! I look forward to seeing the pictures, as I had no idea that an XR kit ever existed…

Yeah he was released a long time ago when the cartoon was in its prime. He was a Thinkway product. Just about to scale with a talking feature and attachable weapons. I really hope the seller comes through, he still hasnt replied or shipped my item.

Sorry everyone, I got cheated by the seller. No XR for me.

flickr.com/photos/48893248@N … 728273379/

I tried posting pics but the file size as too large. I have some pics from another seller so i decided i’dmake them available to you guys. I should be getting him tomorrow so if you guys have any requests let me know, all my collection is packed right now except zurg though so i cant do many height comparisons.

It looks epic, oreo-94! I love that it included all those extra weapons of his :slight_smile: If I ever come upon one myself, I might just have to buy it!

Well he arrived today! And he’s just as awesome as I expected! He says a multitude of phrases such as “Names XR, stands for experimental robot, how ya doin?” “IUts time to find us a new intergalactic adventure!” “Ok ranger, its time to confront zurg!” etc… He also has different phrases depending on what weapon or weapons are plugged in. He breaks down into seperate pieces, you can take him apart at the arms,legs,feet,head,and helmet. The hands however cannot be removed because they are attached to a string that simulates his arms extending though it doesnt seem to cool in my opinion. He comes up to about the half way mark on Zurg and if I had him unpacked, i think probaby Buzz’s waist.Heres a link to more pics :smiley:

flickr.com/photos/48893248@N03/

That is such a cool action figure!

I like to think the BLOSC TV show was just Disney cheating, and doesn’t exist in the Pixar TS universe. I loved the show when I was little, but it is by no means worthy of the title canon. Or Pixar.

That. To me, it’s not canon.

I know I’m in the minority for viewing it as canon but I choose to. As much as I love having XR I am bummed out that there is no booster or mira to finish the team