Luke Mochrie reviews Toy Story 2

thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … oy-story-2

For those of you not in the know, Luke Mochrie is a contributor to ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com. This is an insightful and hilarious review that pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about TS2.

Nah, I think he’s way too critical. You really had to live in the time this was released to get a full appreciation of it; it seems like this guy never even saw Toy Story 2 before Toy Story 3 was released. Pixar made many improvements with animation and such by the time Toy Story 2 was released, and it showed. The plot was engrossing, and effectively developed the previous characters, while adding interesting new ones. Those who say this is a carbon copy of the first are just ignorant; the setting really opens up (they find themselves in the city) and the toys must deal with new problems, mainly Woody’s collectible status.

What I also don’t like about this guy is that he goes with the belief that Toy Story 2 was solely made for intellectual adults. Of course he won’t appreciate some of the jokes in the same manner that a kid would.

All-in-all, I just don’t agree with him on mostly all of his points… voting Toy Story 2 out of the trilogy is just blasphemy.