Toy Story Preview Footage

These videos are not really new, but they remain very interesting. This video tape was sent to Disney mere months before the films release date, compiled by July 27th (the film was released November 22nd). What’s interesting is that these clips show the animation in various stages of production, from completed, to rough polgyone renders, to wireframes, to storyboards, or missing completely (I think it may have been shortened, just to include the more important scenes).

Aside from the animation, the voices and music were also not all there. In a few places, PIXAR employees had to lend their voices where lines weren’t available. There’s also a few alternate takes of lines that were redone for the final film. A lot of stock sound effects were also used before they had been finalized (many of these sound effects are used elsewhere, like in Animated Storybook, and other PIXAR shorts).

The music is also not fully implemented. The score had probably been finished at this point (since some scenes have the correct music), but we’re given a glimpse at the fill-in music, from various other movies. I’m still trying to find the source of all the music used; I’ve heard that Back to the Future and The Empire Strikes Back was there, and the song “Charge of the Batmobile” from the movie Batman was used for the epic Claw music. Anyone recognize any other songs?

Here’s the clips:
youtube.com/watch?v=xR1YYo2h … re=related
youtube.com/watch?v=VdSqSSKdBK8
youtube.com/watch?v=xqL-kCcH … re=related

EDIT: Original thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5390&start=0

The original video was taken down some time ago. I caught up with the original uploader, who cited copyright reasons. Thankfully, he was still happy to share the footage, but didn’t want to put his account in jeopardy. As a result, he sent me the footage, and I was able to upload it in one part. Enjoy!

youtube.com/watch?v=L4SA9MGH … X8goosKTPg

Blocked again. But you should have seen that coming. heh

Gotta use something else with less policing.

Darn, I guess you’re right. Though I guess if hardcore fans really want to see it, they know where they can find it.

Despite the copyright claim I received, it doesn’t make note that it’s blocked; it still says public. Strange.

Maybe its only blocked in select territories?