Custom Roly Clown: Restock on 3/29, thread gone in 2 wk

Finished prototype, PM to order! The faster I get sufficient orders in, the faster everyone will receive clown!

Overall, I think it looks GREAT. I have one small complaint thus far, and it’s the arm

I think that could look a little better, but I’m debating whether or to mention it or not, since it’s so minor

What does everyone think?

Hey Everyone,

As I said the Roly Clown Project is underway. However, the company has offered a few options. They can construct a cheaper clown that is just a replica, with a flat bottom that would be cheaper. They can also make it Roly Poly and jingle. What are your thoughts about each option? Personally I could go either way…do most people want just a display replica? or as close to actual toy as possible?

I will let you know the price difference within a day or two, the company is getting back to me

Troikas:

Troikas are now officially sold out, however, since they have sold so well, the company said he is considered getting some more made for their spring shipment from Russia. As of right now, I’m unsure how expensive they will be. They certainly won’t be cheaper, but might not be much more. More info to follow, so if you missed out do not despair

Secret Project:

The cost of creating Robot was over $2000, so sorry guys to get your hopes up, but my secret project doesn’t look like it can happen. Easier characters like Chuckles and Rocky might be possible, but even then, would probably be about $300 each, so sorry if I got anyone too excited. I will continue my quest to try to get these figures made and will update if anything comes up

Thanks! please leave feedback!

sounds like it would be nice to have the actual toy IMO. But I would say price does pay a big part in it!

Troikas this sounds great! Hopefully i Can get a set and one for my friend :0)

Other Toys that is sad to hear but good luck on keeping going :0) looking forward to see what can be done!

Can’t have Roly Clown without his roly imo :slight_smile: The extra cost involved are unlikely to be prohibitive to those interested.
Of course it is important what the difference is. If it’s no more than $20-$30 of a difference seems an easy decision. For the relative small extra cost got to be worth having him accurate as possible (if the extras are relatively small)

The most important thing for me is price. I don’t mind wether it has sound or not, but i guess it depends on what everyone else wants, and the amount of interest there is.

I personally would want him to roll and jingle. :smiley:

I’m gonna have to go with Roll and jingle as well. :slight_smile: Maybe you should make a poll, so people don’t have to post that much and it’ll be easier to be determined which one. Just a suggestion :slight_smile: .

I agree with the majority, the jingle is necessary :slight_smile:
a poll would be nice as well

I think that we should wait out hearing how much the price difference would potentially be.

If jingling and rolling is an extra 20 bucks…I would probably be in.

If jingling and rolling is an extra 100 bucks…I would probably say let’s make him not do that.

It all depends on the dollar amounts.

my thoughts exactly!

I say jingle away. The roly poly part wouldn’t be that hard, since you’d just weigh the bottom, but I’m not sure about the jingle.

Still it’d be nice to have something that’s 100% accurate… it’s hard to say that for most items, even the TSC, but it’s intriguing to have something exactly how it was in the movie.

Yes so still a chance for Troikas

Yeah, I think if you can make him jingle that would be fantastic. However I think youll be better off making it roll rather than just being for display. To make it closer to being an actual toy is exactly what I’m trying to do with my customs so that would be the way that I’d go :slight_smile:

I realize I’m going to be in the minority, but I’d prefer he didn’t actually roll, unless there’s some way to weight him so he can still stand up and stay put. I’m not sure how everyone else uses their collection, but I don’t actually play with mine. That’s why I took all of the batteries out of my TSC items. I’m really only interested in how it looks on display. So if making the clown “accurate” in terms of functionality means he’s constantly rolling off the shelf or can’t stand up, I’d prefer the stationary version.

Slink, in regards to the other characters like Rocky, is there any chance that price would come down if more people ordered? I’d be willing to pay $150 for an accurately-scaled version of Rocky, especially considering how much the too-small Medicom version is selling for.

it would be obscene quantities, I’m searching for other alternatives

ATTENTION TO THOSE INTERESTED IN ROLY POLY CLOWN:

It has become a real possibility that the rules will no longer be bent for me to commission and distribute the troikas, roly clown, or any other replicas. I will do my best to meet the requirements of the moderators, but it is quite possible I simply won’t be able to.

As the two sets of troikas on eBay have gone between $120-150, I’m very tempted to take the whole project to eBay. However, after some consideration, I want to be able to help out board members. So, as a back up option for now, please email me directly:

bashford427@yahoo.com

and I will add you to a mailing list for updates on the Roly Clown. Or you can PM me your email address on here. This is a back up plan for now, hopefully it won’t come to that. If it does, I believe my days on Pixar Planet are done. It becomes less and less fun, when you prove yourself reliable and people can’t get over a previous board members antics. This will be my last post until the issue if resolved. I wish you all the best.

Don’t be too harsh to the moderators…they are just doing what they feel is best.

Regards

SLINK

Well that sucks I’ll email you so I can keep updated on this and the next batch of Troikas.

You’d think that after your very safe and successful Troika project they wouldn’t mind letting you sell stuff on Pixar Planet… oh well :neutral_face:

Well, I’ll send you my e-mail in a PM, because I’m still interested in the Roly Clown.

Oh man that sucks, but still thanks for the help slink, I’ll send you my email address and if its still a yes with the troikas and roly poly tell me and I’ll send you my home address, then juts tell me how to send the money to you.

I agee with everyone else,it does suck! Even though you proved yourself,and didnt rip anyone off. I’ll Pm you.

I will never cease to be amazed by the decisions the moderators show on occasion. One guy screws a bunch of people over. Another provides hundreds of dollars worth of mrchandise with no problems, they let him do it once, but he tries to help people again and they treat him as poorly as the scammer? That makes no sense to me.