Vote for the rarest most valuable Toy Story figure! >:D

Who do you consider as the most sought after rarest Toy Story figure?

• Thinkway '95 Original Toy Story Poseable Bo Peep w/ Sheep & Accessories
  • Disney on Ice Lenny
  • Medicom Rocky Vinyl Doll
  • Toy Story Collection Rex
  • Japan Disney Toy Story Wheezy
  • Utility Belt Buzz Lightyear
  • Troikas/Roly Poly Clown
  • Mr. Mike the Microphone
  • Emperor Zurg Talking Room Guard
  • Stinky Pete Prospector bean bag
  • Other (If you choose this please type who you think is the rarest)

0 voters

Who will win?

Other - Young Epoch’s “colour” mostly screen-accurate Stinky Pete the Prospector. Especially if it comes with his mostly screen-accurate box!

Agreed, although I’d love it to be my creations, it’s definitely:

1. Young Epocj Stinky Pete in accurate box

2. Medicom Rocky

3. TSC Rex

4. Troikas/Clown

5. Toy story on Ice Wheezy

6. 1995 Bo peep

7. Toy story on ice Lenny

Anyone here actually own the Epoch Prospector?

^^^^

Not me. But I will if I ever win the lotto!

That one isn’t even listed for the $1000 anymore…haha

Someone actually bought it for that price? Wow crazy, it’s ironic that in the movie no one wants him and in real life he’s the most sought after character.

By the way what is the rarest character you own? :question:

I’d have to agree, that Stinky Pete is by far the most valuable.

The most valuable one I own would have to be the TSC Rex. I bought him for $130 at the end of 2010… I thought it was ridiculously expensive compared to his retail price, but now the cheapest he’s going for on eBay is $200+. I guess I picked him up just before the price hiked up. 8D

Dont think it sold for that amount, its just not listed anymore…I’d guess the value is around $300-500

Simply due to it’s rarity and Thinkway stopping the TSC line (at least temporarily, perhaps permanently)

Its the only thing left that I want, I have everything except Stinky Pete beanie and Zurg room guard and I don’t want those. If Thinkway does Zurg or I can find that cup and make my own, I’m down, otherwise I’ve given up on zurg, room guard doesn’t do it for me

Of those on the list I have TSC Rex, “Beanie” Stinky Pete and Room Guard Zurg.

All were lucky purchases - I grabbed Rex as soon as he was released (before he was “rare”). I was fortunate enough to win Zurg on a local (Australian) Ebay auction for around $20.00. The figure is in pretty bad condition, but it still works. And same with Stinky Pete - he appeared in a group lot of Toy Story “Beanies” and it was cheaper to buy all five (Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Bullseye and Stinky Pete) than it was just to buy Stinky Pete.

[b]The rarest item that I own is Wheezy, simply because he was signed by the late John Ranft. For those of you who don’t know him he voiced many Pixar characters including Wheezy, he was also one of Pixar’s first animators.

To me Epoch’s Stinky Pete has a puppet like look. I don’t think he’s worth the money, I do like his box though.

Slink, you should reconsider the room guard it’s a pretty cool toy. If you haven’t seen it in “action” here’s a link: youtube.com/watch?v=_BLJwQibn8c He’s pretty movie accurate if you disregard the base he’s on.

@Agent 86 I saw that listing lol congrats on winning it! [/b]

There’s really no saying which is the most rare, and that’s not necessarily on par with most valuable. From that list, you can probably deduct its value with research. Anything that’s been mass produced, like the Toy Story Collection, is by no means rare, but the price may be driven up by demand (same with Bo Peep). Rocky was rare to begin with, though.

I’d say the rarest is the promotion 4-foot tall Woody from 1995, which was made in very small numbers. The rarest thing I own might be a bean bag from the original Toy Story. Never seen another one.

Are you talking about this one?:

ebay.com/itm/Rare-Promotiona … 1c25671e23

I didn’t even know such a thing existed.

In November 2010 I went to an event at Pixar Studios in Emeryville. We got to shop at the Pixar Store. A guy about 10 people in line in front of me bought the only two “Epoch’s Stinky Pete” they had. :frowning:

Oh wow that stinks! Do you have to be invited to shop there? I would love to go. By the way what did you end up buying?

Invited or pay a lot of money during their charity events they hold there each year :smiley: It was well worth it. I paid $250 for the VIP level that year. This past December they doubled the price. But even at $500 it’s an awesome time you’ll never forget. Looking into the offices of where the magic happens, meeting the people behind that magic, and seeing all the cool stuff like mock-ups, models, sketches, etc. of the movies. When I went they screened Toy Story 3.

As for what I bought… Most of the Toy Story stuff was picked over but I did pick up some Cars stuff. I bought a Cars Reyn Spooner Hawaiian shirt for $45(the ones John Lasseter wears), an art book that I got signed by Lee Unkrich, Pixar Studio t-shirts, and a cool bumper sticker I put on my truck! I was saving my money for the art auction but sadly I was out-bid :frowning:

You could always bid for a 90-minute personal tour with a Pixar artist
ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl … 0772741969

I have so many Toy Story toys, it’s hard to know which are rare and which isn’t. I just that the ones that my nephew took from me weren’t rare, because that would give me another reason to get them back, along with the fact that were some of my favorites out of my whole collection…

Yup, that’s it (and brand new, as well). There were some that were put out by Frito Lay, and some that were display items at Toys R Us (I think). I’d like to get one someday, but it’s gotta be complete, and preferably under $300. I think there was also a jumbo Buzz (though not quite as big) from the first movie. It was a sized-up version of the Adventure Buddy doll (here).