Rex undermerchandised?

Is it just me, or is Rex undermerchandised? Yeah, kid’s shirts can be found, but I’m a hugeRex fan and have only found one adult shirt with him on it that isn’t through Zazzle. He doesn’t seem to get many toys or anything, either, except for the beautiful TSC, his LEGO minfigure or various other things. I’d really like a sculpted mug where his tail is curled to be the handle… No one thinks he’s undermerchandised, even though he ranks 4th in popularity?

I think that the toy companies must worry that Rex is going to put them under or something, since Rex is a worrier in the area of that kind of stuff (“Well, I’m not really from Mattel, it was actually a smaller company purchased during a leverage buyout”) and maybe they think that since Rex isn’t exactly a ferocious “cool” dinosaur, he won’t sell as well, even though it seems Disney is trying to make more “cool” Rex toys (like the plush “Big Roarin’ Rex”, for example)
I also did find this cool Rex toy…

While this is giving me deja vu from the days of the “Toy Story and Beyond” series that I think wasn’t that well-made, I think this is actually a clever idea. I love his expression :smiley:
There’s also a Hot Wheels Diecast car based off of Rex (though this has nothing to do with the Cars films)

Of course, I love my Non-TSC Thinkway Rex who was the first of my Toy Story Collection… but I still hope Rex will get some equal facetime in the merch area. And apologies if you already knew all of this, MTM…

I agree, out of my ENTIRE ts collection I only have 3 rex (rexs, rexi? xD) and they are only 6" I would like to have had the Toy Story collection one or even the one that does not talk but is size accurate but they are really steep in price. (Probably because there are no other correctly sized rex)

Go to ToysRUs.com you’ll find the non TSC one for around $30.00.

You are a life saver!!!

Oh hey, that’s the one I have! :smiley:
I wrote a review on it too, so don’t be perturbed by people who give him bad ratings. My review is under the name PixarPerson at toysrus.com

has all the ones Obsessed mentioned, except the non TSC I have the Cutesations mini plush too.

Good news, Rex fans! Some of you may have heard of the rumor involving a new Toy Story Toon called Partysaurus Rex… and the only way I heard of it was seeing some unreleased Disney toys! There’s some mention of this in this week’s Woody’s News Roundup on the Upcoming Pixar blog and a link to see some photos. There’s also a new Rex being made from what I gather. We’ll have to see what happens…

Not really. They even have a rex coming out that looks like it might have an articulated jaw.

I don’t pay much attention to cups and whatnot though.

He’s definetley not under represented in my room.

Huh. Yeah, I saw that one OWP mentioned, the new one. I have Rex already, though, so not a big deal. I still want a mug, and a 3 foot plush.And a shirt like the TS3 crew got, just not with the JP theme.You got his poster? Awesome! How? Mr. Unkrich signed it even!

If I were to get a rex shirt I’d want the one with the JP theme. Whats not to like about that? An actual Jurassic Park movie staring him and Trixi would be hilarious. Maybe one of these days we can at least get a Toy Story Toons parody of it.

The poster I got from Lee Unkrich himself, he just gave it to me, no charge. What happened was he set up a fan made TS3 poster contest via twitter where the winner gets a prize. Due un disclosed (legal?) reasons he had to cancel the whole thing, so he ended up just giving everyone who submitted any poster ideas a character poster of their choice. I initially chose Slink then changed it to Rex. Partially because Lee said it was his favorite ts character. I asked if he would sign it before sending and said no problem.

Just because it can’t be gotten. Rarity, I suppose. I’d love that shirt though.

Wow, thats awesome! That was nice of him to give everyone something. So did you actually get to meet him then or was this done over the Internet?

It was all through Twitter. Never meet him in person. He had to follow me for a short period so I could private message him my info.