Let's talk about videogames: Toy story racer

Does anyone here remember this great game ?

Although the grafics were inferior to the toy story 2 game and for some reason none of the characters that were introduced in toy story 2 were included, I really really like this game,it had many race types ( The smashing challenge being my favorite , where you were placed in an arena and had to defeat the other players with items like rockets, electricity and the pixar ball)

The track stages were pretty good too , my favorite was the cinema , where you could just stop and watch the screen to see the climax of toy story 1.

The fact that the developers only took the first film into account when making the game can be either good or bad , because while it means that jessie , stinky pete, bullseye , zurg and The utility belt buzz are not featured here ( And it just bugs me that they dindt recycle the character model from the utility belt buzz that was a boss in the TS2 game , since he was already riding a moon buggy in that game) it also means that characters like babyface and rocky were playable.

SO , has anyone here ever played the game? if so what did you though of it?

No I want it badd!!! Lol i would like it for console though, emulaters are not my thing.

It’s that recent a release? I had no idea that this was a game made recently… I thought it was something made in the late 90’s! I’d love to play a game like this! I wish they’d release a variant for the Wii… PC games often make me dizzy…

No, it isnt a recent release, it was released in 2001

Oh sorry… I should’ve known by the look of those graphics. The packaging looked recent for some reason. That explains it…

Haha, I remember Toy Story Racer. I played it at my friend’s house where we’d often play in 2-player mode. It was a fun little racer and it had a great variety of maps and arenas from the series like Sid’s House, Pizza Planet, Al’s Apartment and of course a movie theatre which played scenes from the first movie. Haven’t played it in years but I remember it pretty well.

Now what’d be awesome is if they create TSRacer 2! With more toys to race and tasks to do! 8D heck maybe even vs team modes, Andy’s Toys/Bonnie’s Toys/The Daycare Gang/Sid’s Toys.

I totes agree with ginacartoon on that :slight_smile: I love the Cars games and racing games in general, so why not give the Toys some more gaming opportunities? And with the whole “RC’s Race” line of toys, it would be perfect!

Omg that would be perfect!!! and if you get the game you’ll get a limited hologram Buzz Lightyear/Woody Pride!

And think of all the places you can race! just get the Daycare from the TS3 game and race in circles there! Al’s Toy Barn where you’ll have to zigzag your way though! And maybe a track from Bonnie’s imagination. The Airport where the tracks would change now and then, leading you in first or last!

OH! and Diffrent Outfits too (with the Achivements and Trophies) like if you get to finish all Woody’s task an races he could dress up like the toy range (and be faster)

No doubt about it, this game HAS to be made!

I have it for the Game Boy. Never opened it, though. I want to get the PlayStation version, though. It honestly looks like a solid game. On top of that, it’s nice that the stages are pretty authentic to the film locations, despite being driving tracks.

Had never heard of it until I read this post, now I’m wanting to track down a PS1 copy of the game. It looks awesome.

If you guys haven’t I’d recommend it! there are bits where you’ll get annoied but it’s an awesome game after all!!