Replicas-Slink-Petition

Which character would you like Slink to recreate?

• Hockey Puck
  • Mr. Spell
  • Toy Chest

0 voters

Slink has done an awesome job bringing our favorite Toy Story minor characters to life with his creations. This is a poll/petition from us to him for other characters that we would like to see being made. He is currently limited with using only wood as a medium. Hopefully he takes our interest into consideration.

Andy’s “wagon” toy chest!

I need somewhere to store all my Toy Story toys and that would be absolutely fantastic. Of course, the international shipping would probably be prohibitively expensive.

I think the most major character to recreate is : Stinky pete, Zurg, and Trixie…

I don’t know if it’s possible to manufacture toys like this, but in my opinion, that’s the most important characters that anybody wants for their collection.

I chose Mr Spell. Imagine the things I could type.

I’m gonna have to say the toy chest. But I’m also hoping for a Trixie. And parts for (the Playskool Toy Story 3) Mr and Mrs Potato Head would be cool.

While I’m flattered, there is nothing more that particular company can make us…sorry

I always look for new projects, but nothing on horizon just yet

Yep, my vote goes towards two major characters (that aren’t even on there, but still!): Stinky Pete and Trixie. All the others I think are do-able, but Trixie and Stinky Pete seem to be the great gap in The Toy Story merchandise.

i think u should deff do something else slink. ur last 2 projects have been and are amazing

Once again, I am always looking for another project. The clown and troikas were relatively easy because of the company, but they can’t make anything else for us. The only possible exception would be the little tykes out of wood (which seems very pointless to make). I’ll prolly figure out another project eventually, but nothing in the near future

-Hockey Puck - Already made by Tyler, and plenty of other quality fan customs
-Mr. Spell - I’m sure a high-quality vision replica could be made, but electronics would be a completely different story
-Toy Chest - A doable project… but then there’s shipping.

I think Slink deserves a break.

Spiritmama also makes pucks, don’t look as good, but the shipping is fast :wink:

I really thought the company could make a wooden spell. But they say they can’t. I would be fine with a wooden one, with decals so you could change whats on Mr. Spell’s screen, but I digress

Toy chest, no way, and like you said, even if I could find a way to make one, shipping would be ridiculous

I’ve exhausted this company’s capabilities (but considering that no toy was ever produced representing either character, they’ve done a tremendous job)

however, this may not be the end. As I said before, I’m no artist, but I may be able to pull off something eventually, you never know

Also, I was discussing this with a friend…an actual, full size, near perfect trixie is possible with current technology

several colleges offer classes that have access to 3-D printers.

If someone had access, they could scan all the build a trixie parts into the 3-D printer, upscale them and voila, big build a trixie parts. You now have a full size, full poseable trixie, that is near movie quality. All you need is a halfway decent paint job, which shouldn’t be too tall of a task

unfortunately I don’t have easy access to that technology

Would a machine like that be accessible to all students or only those enrolled in a particular course?

you’d need to enrolled in the course

Just a random thought; for anyone who wants to try to make a semi-functioning accurate Mr. Spell, you could try gutting a TI Speak and Spell. Not sure how it would work out, but that’s the closest base you can find, since that’s what he’s based off of.