When did you start your Toy Story collection?

I started collecting toys since…

0 voters

Another fun poll :wink:

July 2012 :blush:

Around august 2010, story behind it, originally bought tsc jessie for my gf for her b’day ( the reason is her names jessica but some call her jessie, i know) but i noticed tsc mr potato head severly reduced so i thought i’d buy him for me (as he’s one of my fav). months before all this though i was contemplating starting a collection but couldn’t justify spending so much on toys being a 24 year old male at the time, which leads me back to where i started, so i recieve these toy’s decide they look to cool to give any away as presents i then proceeded to buy the rest of the collection promptly spending a small fortune along the way.

I still often wonder why i started when i think of the money spent, i also get some strange remarks and looks when i mention to colleagues and friends that i collect toy story toys, though some think it’s cool but most importantly i and the gf think they look awesome in my room. I keep all the tsc range in their boxes though the gf thinks they should be allowed out haha though i’m thinking of the future and potentially in a couple of decades selling them, though i’m sure i won’t be able to when it comes down to it.

Well that’s when i started and a small story as to why i started.

I started in 2010 when Toy Story 3 came out.

I don’t remember what was my first toy but I think it was LEGO set with RC, Buz and Woody.
Then I started to collect everything from Pixar movies (still haven’t got anything from Bug’s Life :frowning: )

Since Toy Story 1 came out, I always thought it would be awesome to own a life sized version of all the Toy Story toys. However, they never came out with versions that satisfied me.

In Christmas 2009, my little cousin wanted a Buzz Lightyear for Christmas, which my mom bought for him, and he loved it. I noticed that it was pretty accurate, but didn’t think anything of it. Later, in June (around his birthday), Toy Story 3 mania was starting. So I was looking for Toy Story merchandise for his birthday. I ended up buying him small rex, mr and mrs potatohead (non TSC), and Slinky and bought his sister a Jessie and Bullseye pack. My mom bought him woody, and my sis got him an RC and alien. After they sat in my room, waiting for his birthday for several weeks, I realized maybe I wanted a set for myself. However, there was no suitable Hamm, so I passed. Then the disney store released teh Hamm Bank…initially I thought it was WAY to big, but it turned out, it was in scale, and I started contemplating. I decided I wanted to get just the toys that made it thru all 3 movies (and maybe RC).

Well, my girlfriend (feeling I was taking too long), just went out and bought me Slinky, small Rex (which I wanted at the time) and Hamm Bank…it was all down hill from there. Found Woody on Sale at Target. Had my sister get me Jessie for Christmas and my mom got me a Bullseye. Mr potatohead went on sale on Amazon that Christmas for $12, and I got him. And I ended up doing a trade for TSC from a member on here from Denmark. After Christmas, RC went on clearance for $47.50 at walmart, so I grabbed him too. I bought the bucket at target after christmas for $10.

In the Spring, TSC aliens went on clearance for $11 at Kmart, bought those. And for a while, I was pretty much done…then I saw Toy Story on Ice with my cousins. I was already picking up some On Ice Lennys for people, but had no intention of getting one for myself. My girlfriend once again, convinced me I would be mad if I didn’t buy one for myself…again she was right…Lenny started the cascade into all the characters. I sniped a few at good prices on ebay (Mr Mike, firetruck, see n say, etc). My girlfriends mothers inexplicable found a Toy Story on Ice Wheezy under my girlfriends sister’s bed that hadnt been touched in years…I ended up doing a trade from a member on here from New Zealand for medicom Rocky. Got the hockey puck from Spiritmama

Later that year, I expanded to Bonnies toys and regrettably bought the disney store plushes (later the TSC ones, and japanese peas) and when Lotso went on sale for $40, chunk and sparks for $11 at kmart, had to get them too.

And everyone knows about the Troikas and Clown project

So now, my collection stands at, every toy in Andy’s Room, Bonnies Room, and Lotso Gang

All I have left to get are Mr Spell, Robot, Chuckles (have disney store plush, but meh), Trixie, Stinky Pete, Emperor Zurg, Big Baby, and Bookworm.

Outside of the $1000 Stinky Pete and new Disney Store Zurg, my collection can’t really get any better unless I come up with some more projects.

Thanks again to all of you who post and make it worthwhile to visit this site :slight_smile:

As for me I started collecting around December of last year 2011. I was bored one day at home and began looking up Disney songs on Youtube. I remember searching for Strange Things and it lead me to someones awesome Toy Story Collection. I believe it was this one: youtube.com/watch?v=ZgS-XCJovfw&feature=plcp I fell in love instantly I never knew they made movie replicas for us normal folk haha so I decided to buy them but I was never able to find them at any of the toy stores I went. One day I googled them and eBay finds came up, after that it was history. I have been very blessed to find them at very affordable prices.

Depends on what you consider a collection. I technically started in 95, getting buzz and woody, and lots of other misc things. The only things I actually still own are these. A flipbook and a folder I used in the second grade. I have another actually of buzz just not pictured.

Oh, and I still have a key chain with the Toy story logo on it somewhere.
All my real character toys got yard sale’d. Regrettably.

The bulk of my collection didn’t stsrt until 2009 with the tsc line though. It took that long for them to finally meet my standards. heh
Oh, I just remembered, my mom bought me a new old buzz in 08 I believe it was for Christmas, just before the TSC was announced. She only got it because it was dirt cheap. Guess we know why now. Disney knew the TSC line was right around the corner.

I have two different answers… my brother had so many toys since he was little watching the movie in 1995, some of which I’ve used in my current collection, which started in early 2010.

Hmmmmmm. I can’t remember when the TSC figures first showed up - 2009 or 2010?

The release of TSC Woody and Buzz is what started my Toy Story Collection. I don’t think I had any Toy Story figures before then. I’ve always loved the first Toy Story films, but I could never understand why the figures on the shelves didn’t look anything like the characters in the film. At the very least, I expected Buzz to have almost all of the same features as the movie Buzz.

TSC provided screen-accurate replicas (although obviously issues remain, like Woody’s smile, some of the colouring, etc) and I was hooked.

I initially confined myself to just collecting the Andy’s toys that I knew would be in Toy Story 3. Then I grabbed a Lotso and needed the remainder of Lotso’s gang (which I obtained with the assistance of another forum member). And then Bonnie’s toys were also made available to me (again, with the assistance of the same forum member). So, now I have Andy’s toys as at Toy Story 3, Lotso and his gang and Bonnie’s toys as well as the most affordable versions of Stinky Pete and Zurg (although I’m still not sure where to display them - I’m considering a “villains” shelf as they just don’t fit with the rest of Andy’s toys, especially as they’re the wrong scale).

When i started collecting… That must have been 1999 when i was 4 (was born 1995). I remember looking at Woody and Buzz and Mr.PotatoHead saying i want others for my collection. Know i was little, so i didn’t have any accurate Toy Story toys, only Buzz and Woody. I got a plush dinosaur and called it REX, i got a plush slinky dog, plastic piggy bank, a toy RC car, little plastic alien, and a bunch of other toys. Then i think in 2001-2002 i set all my Toys on the floor, had woody in my hands saying "When i get older, i promise myself that i will collect all of Andy’s toys…

WELL! When i found out Toy Story 1&2 in 3D was going to be in theaters soon and i saw all the TSC toys. It came back to me that I made a promised to collect the toys… Over the years i only had Woody and slink(Plush and he was broken)And so i walked into ToysRUs and saw the TSC toys… But i saw a plastic Slinky toy, i bought it in a heart beat. I had lots of ups and downs in my collection, meaning i bought toys and gave some away to make room for more accurate toys{all toys i gave away, went to different kid(s) that they get played with. I never made my money back and will never sell any toy that was part of my collection only give it away to a child to get played with}. Then when i saw the Toy Story 3 trailer, i did say i’m going to cut down on characters i’m going to get. Then i got TSC Lotso also in a heart beat haha, finding myself buying ken and wanting Twitch and Chunk etc. Then i started to add Bonnie’s toys. So that’s basically my story and how i started to collect Toy Story toys. Been collecting basically for my whole life. (Sorry for any spelling errors.)

-Jason Keep Rocking Toy Story Collectors!

It all started in 2005 when I went to we Toy story 2 on ice. I remember buying a very cool and very accurate Lenny, no idea that he would end up being the most accurate Lenny! And so five years passed and whilst watching toy story 3 I was googling toy story toys and I came across toy stry collection. I knew I had to get them in in instant! Then, I dcecided to get all of Andys toys. But once Lotso came onto the scene. I Knew I had to get all of them. Now I’ve only got a few remaining to get :slight_smile:

2010!

Toy Story and Toy Story 2 were the only Pixar films we never owned when I was growing up, so I didn’t really know what they were about. About a week before TS3 was released, I bought the special editions of TS1 and TS2 to watch them before going to see the third one in cinemas on opening day, like I’ve done since Finding Nemo.
I’d caught the bus into town to watch it, so afterwards I had about half an hour before it came back around to take me home so I was wandering around Target and came across the Mattel Woody. Thinking it would be fun to buy Woody, Jessie and Buzz and have the three of them sitting in my room, I bought Woody and told myself I would buy the others after I saw the film again.
I went back to see it a couple of days later and came back with Jessie. That weekend, we went shopping in a nearby town which had a Kmart, where I found the TSC Mr. Potato Head. Australian prices being as insane as they are, his RRP was $99, but the store was in the middle of their yearly toy sale so he was half price. I bought him straight away, and the rest is history.

Eventually I replaced Woody and Jessie with the TSC versions. Mattel Woody is hiding away in my cupboard somewhere while Mattel Jessie kind of got decapitated after an incident at school (it’s a long, but funny story 8D )

I’m still missing RC, Lotso and regular Buzz (I only have Belted Buzz… I’m not entirely sure why I haven’t gotten the proper Buzz yet o_0 ) from the TSC line, but I have the rest.

Last time I valued it was after I got Totoro and the total amount of money I’d spent had hit the $1000 mark… but I’ve gotten Wave 3, the DS Chuckles and the Troikas since then so I’m not entirely sure what I’ve spent in total. Worth every cent though. 8D

July 2012 :blush:

Last year I heard my 3 yrs old son talking to his friend, his friend was talking about Woody and Buzz,his friend was so excited, and my 3 yrs old son replied “who’s Woody and Buzz” :frowning: . So when their Aunt asked me what they want or need for Christmas, I told her to get them Toy Story 1,2&3. I have 6,4&3 yrs old boys, so I’m pretty busy taking care of them and cleaning after them, by the time we had a chance to watch the Toy Story 1,2&3…it was June 2012…as soon as they watched Toy Story they start telling me they want Andy’s toys, Bonnie’s toys and Lotso Gang.

I collect Disney cars for them, so I know how hard it is, to collect specially if you’re a late collector :cry: . Collecting Toy Story 3 toys :arrow_right: …is it to late to do it :question: …but my boys love Toy Story :exclamation: …more than Disney cars :bulb:

So I started getting whatever is available in the market (TRU, Walmart, Ebay :frowning: ) I got TSC Buzz,Woody,Jessie,Bulls eyes, Lotso, Twitch, Mr & Mrs Potato head, bucket of soldiers…fortunately there is a buy 1 get 1 40% off at TRU that time :smiley: . I got talking Slinky, mini Dolly, Buttercup, Mr pricklepants, Peas in a pod, chuckles, and trixie(plastic one) from Disney Store…the hard one to get are RC…got it from ebay…used and Rex from Amazon…display only but one if his hand doesn’t move, I can’t afford the new one’s, buying Andy’s Toys, Bonnie’s Toys and Lotso Gang, in 1 month is EXPENSIVE :open_mouth:

I wish I discover this site before I bought RC (Ebay/used)and Rex (Amazon/display only, but one arm is not working)

Right now, I’m missing Totoro, Prospector & Yellow Barrel of Monkey…hoping to get the TSC version of Dolly, Buttercup and Mr Pricklepants but for now I have enough toys for my boys this coming Christmas :smiley:…did I say I’m really tempted to buy some toys from Slink (the only one stopping me is that, my boys told me, they want the toys from Toy Story 3,plus RC & Prospector)

So right now all of them are in the box,Hidden somewhere, waiting for Christmas…waiting for Santa :smiley: .

I’m only 16, I started collecting when I was 14 so it’s crazy to think how much it has expanded in those two years! I hope to have it completely finished at the three year mark though. I started collecting directly after I watched Toy Story 3 online (which I regret because I would have loved to see it in theaters for the first time but alas I didn’t have a ride and was desparate!) and I remember years before that doing a lot of research on Toy Story replicas, but I didn’t buy then because I was just too young and didn’t have any money for it. Since I had some idea of what I was looking for, I had an idea of how much this whole project would be and of course I found the line ‘Toy Story Collection’ and I could not resist then! I became obsessed with looking at these toys online, in videos, ANYWHERE! I had finally caved in but set a restraint for myself, I was only going to collect the toys that made it to the very end (Woody, Jessie, Dolly, peas, etc) so I wouldn’t go mad. My first toy was obviously Woody, then the plastic buttercup and Buzz, then one day I walked into a store to buy plastic Mr. Prickle Pants and saw that they didn’t have him. I had to get something though so I grabbed Slinky and started walking out the door when I saw the bucket of soldiers! I told myself that this was not on my personal check list but of course I checked out with a slinky and a bucket. From then on, I said to myself “okay. Bonnie’s toys and Andy’s toys. THAT’S IT!”. I was pretty good with that for awhile when I finally watched enough toy story collection Lotso videos that I had to cave in. I bought him along with his truck, twitch, sparks, chunk and chatter telephone. I had finally ran out of toys to buy off of amazon so I thought I was pretty complete, until I found this forum that clearly tells you if you want a great collection you’re going to need a eBay account. I then blindlessly bought so much stuff I didn’t know existed on eBay that I think I spent a little bit too much money. I had to lay off until that summer when I bought some more rare items like rocky and baby monitor. I also made Andy’s boxes that summer as well as a box for my beanie stinky Pete. I realized while working on the pete box that i didnt want to collect toys outside of bonnies or Andy’s so I stopped while I was ahead and told myself only those two groups of toys. Once fall came around, I discovered spirit mama through Emma and all my money has been going to her ever since! Hockey puck, snake, robot, mrs. Potato head, toddle tots just to name a few of the many projects I have her doing. I of course bought myself tsc mr prickle pants, dolly and buttercup but that was about the only break I had from spirit mama for my collection. I also had a nice birthday present from my parents that was the toy chest which looks fantastic! When this summer rolled around, I realized I had done some investigation into what board games Andy has in his room. I bought all of them which cost a bit more than what I expected for old board games but im happy with them. And that brings us to right now, right now I’m talking to spirit mama about making a Bo Peep (like I mentioned before). I hope to also have my parents make me another project for my November birthday this year which would be her lamp 8D

Interesting story lots dude :smiley:

Now my story…

I started to collect on 2009 when the first wave of toy story collection begun , I always wanted a real scale toys , finally I have them.
The 1st I bought was rex, later woody buzz and the rest.

lol Shay when you said “now my story…” I was expecting more than two sentences lmao :laughing:

XD

It’s a very short one.