Monsters Inc 3D

Squealz I am so so so excited for the 3D rerelease! And even more excited that it’s coming out in December! Monsters Inc was the first Pixar film I saw, and what began my Pixar obsession. And as far as I remember, I saw it for the first time on December 31st, 2002. So now I can celebrate my 10-year-anniversary of seeing MI and becoming a Pixar fan on the exact same day! Plus, I didn’t see MI in theaters (Finding Nemo was my first theatrically-seen film), so I can say that I’ve seen 11 out of 13 Pixar films in theaters! :mrgreen:

They need to re-release Ratatouille so I can say I’ve seen every Pixar movie in theaters! I really have no idea why I didn’t go see Ratatouille when it came out.

^ Agreed. I didn’t see A Bug’s Life or Cars in theaters, and those would look amazing in 3D!

Oh yeah I didn’t see A Bugs Life either. I haven’t watched it in like, 10 years, and I remember saying “Mommy I don’t like that movie” (I was 3) and my mom recently said she doesn’t like it, but I want to give it another go sometime soon.

Yeah you probably should watch it again at some point since I think it’s hard to judge how well you like a movie when you are 3(or at least, it’s likely enough to change when you get older).

Anyway, I’ll be seeing Monsters Inc. in 3D of course.

Even tho I can do without the 3D I’m excited to be able to see Monsters Inc in theaters again :slight_smile:

I dunno…the 3D in the theaters is almost never good. But i’d love to see Monsters Inc again!!! :smiley:

Can’t wait to see this! We’re going Christmas day!

I saw it in 3D a few days ago. The 3D was decent, it was more in depth 3D then pop-out 3D. I think I give the movie an 8/10, but the 3D 6/10.

Monsters Inc. in 2D/3D will be rereleased next month in February here in Japan. There’s some new merchandise for the rerelease at this website and also at the movie theaters. I’m sorry if you can’t buy the merchandise, but it’s good to see how it’s being marketed.

[url]オンラインショップ リニューアルのお知らせ
[url]http://www.disney.co.jp/monsters-university/news/detail.html?p=18360[/url]

Oooh, I love the 3D glasses! Why does Japan always get the cool stuff? :slight_smile:

Nice to hear from you again, Rey, our Japanese contact.

I realized I never actually updated about my experience at MI3D! So anyway, I did end up seeing it on New Year’s Eve, which is my 10-year-anniversary of seeing MI for the first time, which was, as I’ve said, my first Pixar movie. I love the movie to pieces, but you guys knew that, of course. I thought the 3D was quite impressive and well-used. And my goodness, did For The Birds look awesome or what?! I got my Dad to go with me, and he loved it too! Overall, I had a great time! I was one of maybe four people in the theater that showing, and I still applauded at the end! :smiley:

That’s cool about the 3D glasses. I don’t think we’re getting that here in Canada unfortunately…although then again I’d probably only get the 3D glasses if they had one with Randall. LOL.

By the way I see that you live in Sendai, Japan. My sister lived and worked there for 2 years from August 2010 - August 2012.

Minty Fresh

One can buy the MI 3D glasses from Japan for 2000yen from this auction site.
[url]http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b142803736[/url]

BTW, I’m still living in Sendai, Japan. Been here since 1995, but I keep a low profile.

Late to the party, but I saw this in 3D. Wonderful, of course.