Monsters University Website

An absolutely legit website for Monsters University. Check it out, it’s incredible! They have everything from detailed descriptions of concentrations, a map of the campus, and a store where you can purchase MU merch.

What are your thoughts? I am absolutely geeking out right now!!!

little chef

The website looks so great! Has anyone been able to crack the code to log into M.U. Net? monstersuniversity.com/edu/mu_net.html I would think there’s some sort of secret content in there.

That’s one of the best viral campaigns ever!

And some of the images look so photo-realistic!

I am still in awe of it all. I can’t believe how legit it is! 8D

And Solongpartner95, I haven’t been able to! A few people I know on Twitter seem to think they found a number that works, but no password to match it. Maybe you get a code when you order merchandise from the website, who knows! I wouldn’t be surprised if there were secret content hidden away back there. With all the other details Pixar put into the site, it would just make sense!

little chef

I suppose those “user accounts” may be some kind of characters profiles.

Anyway, I think it would be great, mainly if it reveals some we haven’t seen yet.

I never thought of that, actually! That would be a super neat way to learn about new characters, like you mentioned. Perhaps Pixar will release little hints on how to get in here and there as time goes on.

It was so fun to see a bunch of Pixarians tweeting about the site yesterday, they were all so excited and proud! For them to cram so much detail into a website for a school that doesn’t even exist just goes to show how much care and attention they give to detail!

little chef

I’ve been looking over all the material (yes, I painstakingly (well not PAINLY heh heh) looked over everything there is), and have seen a lot of the typical college jargon that most colleges have…with the natural twist of the monster world.
That said, it’s quite an advertisement.

As for this MU.net…I seriously hope it’s not one of those selective group things. I would love the info, but not if I have to pay for merchandise that I can’t put money into now.
I suppose if they are to give it out, it will be “next semester”. Still…here’s to trying…

One word. AWESOME. I’m a huge sucker for detail. Browsed through the entire site in no time last night :sunglasses:

…technically that was 19 words…but y’know what I mean :wink:

Anticipation increased? Mission accomplished lol

:mrgreen:

is the MU store real or not? can u actually purchase from it?

This is such a great piece of marketing! Reminds me a little of the extents they went to with promoting TS3 in '10. And the rendering in the images is unbelievable! :open_mouth:

I can’t express how impressed I am by this. I love it how Pixar does fun stuff like this, they know how to treat their fans well!

I love this website so much. :laughing: Reminds me of when they did the same thing for BnL.
Apparently now you can buy a 4-sleeved hoodie. It’s about 60 dollars, though.

I’ve worked at a Community College Transfer center, so I’ve been around my fair share of university websites. And this MU site is very authentic!

I remember coming across it awhile ago, and I can say that I loved their little April fools ‘hacked website’ they pulled off with Fear Tech taking over.
Other than that- the amount of time it must took for that much detail, I have to say I adored it all.